Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: CVA Hunter in 44 Magnum

Boolit Mold
    I know this is an old thread, but this might help out other fellow 44 mag CVA owners, I purchsed my CVA before reading this forum post and I have had the same luck, I cast and bought a Lee .430 310 GR. Mold and sized to .430 and I was getting crazy random groups and I was beyond frustrated! I was at the point of selling my gun too. I recently slugged my barrel and I got .4213. so I tried loading up some jacketed 240 grains to make sure it was not my barrel before I bought a NOE 434 319 gr mold and a 433 sizing die. I shot much much better groups and was really happy with the results. I should have my new mold this week. I think that will fix the problem with cast. I will post updates next week depending on the weather.
    Last edited by Brandonsw79; 09-23-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Boolit Mold
    It worked! Got my mold and shot a quick 5 shot group this evening, I will do more testing next weekend, it rained allot here and didn't get much time to shoot.

Boolit Grand Master
    glad it's working. SAAMI, for reasons unknown to me, spec revolver barrels different than rifle barrels for the .44 mag. something I wish i'd known before I re-barreled my win trapper.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567