Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWideners
Load DataRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Handy spreadsheet

Handy spreadsheet

So, I'm a computer programmer by trade and I started casting boolits...

I started acquiring lead in various forms and wanted a way to get to basically Lyman #2. The calculation to get there isn't all that hard, but it is a lot easier if you have a computer do it for you.

Anyway, I made a little spreadsheet that will give you percentages by weight so you can fine tune your alloy...

If you click on the link and download it then you can save it to your computer and use it to do your math.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eHA...ew?usp=sharing

There is this offering that has been in use for a long time and gone through several iterations to refine it. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...oy-calculators
    You might want to reach out to Bumpo and see if your own efforts might be directed toward enhancing the single project rather than working on seperate offerings.

I especially like the one that allows entering up to 10 custom alloys. I scrounge for scrap lead and end up with a batches of unique alloys to use as ingredients. I like to pre-list the "almost" linotype, and mixed foundry/mono alloy, as well as the different solder percentages I have on hand so I can more easily tweak something from what I have, but I also save off copies with "recipes" where I enter my found alloys and basic lead/WW's to get a good alloy for a specific use. That way I can go back to that named copy of the spreadsheet next time I want the same alloy.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Good lord - I'm the first one not to "reinvent the wheel" so let me do it in the most ******* way possible!

I made a small addition to Bumpo's spreadsheet to show percentages by mol. I also added a column for alloying additions which was handy for me. The idea of showing mols is for supposed balancing of constituents.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''