Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Marginal hunting loads????

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GEOMETRIC View Post
    mart,
    In regard to left handed guns. You have to shoot what works for you. Should you be left handed, most everything else is backwards!
    Left handers are problem solvers by default. I truly feel sorry for right handed people. They lack creativity and critical problem solving skills and never get to experience the joy we feel daily as we over come obstacles put in almost every step of our path. If you think about it, you'd have to watch a lefty for a bit to tell they're left handed but if you drop a right hander in a completely left handed world you'd know in an instant.

All kidding aside, I know I can operate a right handed bolt gun faster and more fluidly left handed than most shooters can right handed. I know that's true as well with 870s and tactical shooting. I never met a right hander who could ejection port load from a side saddle faster than me. I'm sure they're out there but I never met one. The design of an 870 makes it advantageous for a lefty doing ejection port loads from a side saddle.

Okay, sorry for the hijack. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
    Only left handed guns are interesting!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Tankgewehr M1918 - saw one a few years back. Glad I didn't have to carry it.
    Julia's auction house had one of the German WWI anti tank bolt action deals that looked like a 98 on steroids . I would like to have bought it but 18G's is oughtta my pay grade . I had read up on the thing , it seems the guys that shot these things didn't hold up very well under the recoil either .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Master
    I have fired a bolt action 20mm rifle, but couldn’t tell you what it was or where it came from. Being a glutton for punishment, I fired it on two different occasions, and it dislocated my shoulder both times, with one shot each time. If I ever see one st the range again, I’ll watch someone else shoot it, but I’ll stick with my normal small guns.

As to marginal weapons, I have taken many hogs with .22 LRs, and my toys range from .22LR on up to the usual handgun calibers up to .45 Colt, rifle calibers up to .45/80 in suppository hubs and .710” in muzzleloaders, and 12ga slug guns. None of them are anywhere near as bad as the 20mm mentioned above, but all of them work just fine if used within their limits. My .357s are some of my favorites.
    I passed my last psych eval, how bout you?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234