Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Reloading Press - From Bald Eagle

Boolit Man

New Reloading Press - From Bald Eagle

Guys,

Just found this new press from Bald Eagle. I thought it was an RCBS. It looks good and handy for med to heavy reloading jobs. Here is the description :

"Designed by a member of the USA Shooting Team for preparation and loading of match ammo, the Bullets.com Bald Eagle Heavy Duty-Match Press (Model #BE1218) is designed as a versatile, single-stage reloading press. Featuring a heavy-duty and cast-iron C-frame design, this press enables match shooters to perform body and neck sizing, primer decapping, case-mouth expansion and bullet seating accurately. Weighing 22 lbs., the Model BE1218 has two mounting holes for added stability. The 12.5-inch press handle can be positioned for right- or left-handed use. The heavy-duty, 1.125-inch wide ram with a 3.85-inch stroke and 4.95-inch throat height accommodates a variety of brass cases for handguns and rifles. "

What do you guys think ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bald Eagle Press.jpg  

Boolit Master

Looks like an RCBS don't it? Wonder on price and how she'd hold together

Boolit Master
    If they’re going to the extra expense of making it compound linkage, why not use the O-Frame design as well? Just a better opportunity to spring the C-Frame out of line with the increased leverage.

Boolit Master
    Yeah, I saw it and thought "Somebody cut the front off of a rockchucker"
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Boolit Master

It looks more robust than the older Pacific C frame presses. It may not be as strong as the O frames but unless you are case forming or Swagging boolits I think you would be OK. It also looks like the ram is hollow and spent primers come out the bottom. That is better than a tray to catch them.

Banned
    It looks plenty strong for a C frame, about as strong as that design allows. It is designed for match shooters, by a match shooter. Those guys like C frames anyway.
    I am wondering what kind of shellholder system is in it? Does not look like a snapin from that picture anyway.
    Ken

Boolit Master

Bullets.com is related to Grizzly Industrial (Grizzly.com). So I wonder if that press is made in Taiwan.

http://www.bullets.com/about

Same paint color as RCBS. I wonder why.

Boolit Grand Master

I think they're painting it the same color as RCBS to trick consumers.

does favor a RCBS looks great

Boolit Grand Master

Looks pretty good and thought out to me. The links bosses are oversized for strength ( also gives room to bore and sleeve if they ever wear out) the frame looks solid and well thought out though its hard to tell how thick it is from these pics. I will bet it uses standard shell holders maybe nit snap in but a screw in cap type lock. A good solid ram plenty of opening and stroke there also. I like the looks of it. Price will be the big question here. Says cast iron construction but not what grade of cast iron. The grade or alloy of the cast iron will make a big difference in performance also.

Banned
    Wrong thread, not enough coffee.

Banned
    It certainly is made from a lot of cast iron. 22lbs? That's a heavy unit. The one question I have from looking at it is about the fulcrum. It looks as though it is made to travel a long way with a short stroke. This dramatically reduces the fulcrum. I don't think this thing has near the power of my "cheapie" Lee Classic Cast. But I have been known to be wrong a few times.

Boolit Master

I like the looks of that press. I am a sucker for the massive presses anyway. Might have to do a little maneuvering around to come up with some cash. james

It looks plenty strong for a C frame, about as strong as that design allows.
    There are C frame presses out there that could crush any O frame reloading presses into pieces.

Limitation is just in design. It is easier and takes less material to make a stronger O press though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5E73C869-63A0-4337-9FA0-22E99564FEAE.jpg  

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	1861 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	209630

Looks like a well thought out press, like the length of the ram tunnel, but the first thing that strikes me is holes for the handle look awfully close to the edge.

Being able to switch left or right is a big deal, I may have to buy one,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Grand Master

It's a good looking press, but the paint job is too much like RCBS. I think the "strength" needed idea/thinking for reloading is way overrated. How many reloaders, not bench rest reloaders that check concentricity for every round, could/can actually tell if their press flexes? I have an old Pacific C press that has done every reloading operation, successfully and accurately for over 40 years (I got it used). Occasionally a C press is reported to breakage, but how often and how was it used? I kinda think "press strength" is akin to horsepower, how many drivers really need 450+ horsepower when not towing just like a press not used for swaging?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

How many reloaders, not bench rest reloaders that check concentricity for every round, could/can actually tell if their press flexes?
    I have checked all of my presses and many die sets, with multiple rounds, with multiple instruments. I have determined that the dies themselves and what you push in/pull out of them, makes more difference that the press they are used in.

Boolit Buddy
    Grizzly has been using that green hammer tone finish for decades on most of their tools.

It's $219.95, on sale. The regular price is $299.95. The shell holder looks like it has a sleeve around it to hold it in place.

The owner of Grizzly Tools is a shooter and guitar player, which is why you'll find both on their website. I just ordered a mini-lathe that was on sale from them for my Christmas present, and I've ordered from both Grizzly and Bullets.com several times.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast