WidenersLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Reloading Press - From Bald Eagle

Boolit Buddy
    Yes, although some are conflicted by the Chinese Connection when dealing with Grizzly, I've bought several things from them and have found it all pretty usable. When faced with the decision of buying a (potentially) clapped out piece of USA made power tool or getting a brand new one from Grizzly, I have often chosen the latter. Some have had their difficulties, but I've always gotten what I thought very good quality/cost from them and attentive customer service if there are issues. I respect Shiraz for taking his personal interests and making them into business opportunities.

Yes, although some are conflicted by the Chinese Connection when dealing with Grizzly, I've bought several things from them and have found it all pretty usable.
    Yeah, it’s actually getting pretty hard to own anything that doesn’t have some part of it made there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6C415FB5-6646-4694-ABE6-24CC5352F4EF.jpg  

Grizzly is where I purchased my Bartlein 5R barrel for my bench rifle. They delivered it very quickly.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by RCE1 View Post
    Grizzly has been using that green hammer tone finish for decades on most of their tools.
    Very correct, I've had a table saw for 15 years that has the same finish on it. (off topic) It is such a perfect clone of the Delta, that a Delta Uni-Fence fits it great.
    Robert Abbott
    "I don't save money reloading. I just get to shoot more."

Boolit Bub
    It does look pretty stout. I still use my herters C press when i dont feel like removing seater dies off the rock chucker. I do like the easy access from all angles on them though. I definitely dont need another press though.

Boolit Master

Hmm. Not designed for tall cartridges. A C-press, so it won't work well for tasks like resizing 7.62mm MG brass. It looks useful for small to medium brass.

Chinese made? If so, Fail.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    Yeah, it’s actually getting pretty hard to own anything that doesn’t have some part of it made there.
    There is NOTHING on my bench made wholly or in-part in China. Guaranteed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2118 copy.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	209671
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA-Life, ARTCA, American Legion, & the South Cuyahoga Gun Club.

Caveat Emptor: Do not trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He will rip you off.

Boolit Master
    That open C frame is a bad and obsolete design configuration. With a heavy load that frame will spring open like it was made of jello.
    Apparently the designer knows little of strength of materials or stress analysis.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Rohrer View Post

You would be amazed at how much better a RCBS A2 or a Big Max is compared to all those old Hollywood boat anchors. You are using very obsolete equipment compared to presses with real mechanical advantage.
    EDG

Boolit Bub

There is nothing on your bench that's been made since Eisenhower was president.

Boolit Master

Even those scissors in the upper left corner of the photo? Or that rubber ducky?

Even things that claim to be made in the US will often have smaller parts that are made overseas. Is there anything on the bench that is even slightly electrically controlled / electronic? Have you torn it down and looked at the origin if every small electronic part in it? It's quite possible that there will be parts that you will not be able to determine their country of origin. For example, resistors in electrical circuits -- they are so small that there is no way that they could put a country of origin on them or even a manufacturer.

Boolit Master
    A C press can be OK if the shellholder is given enough freedom to avoid any sideload on the case as the frame flexes..........has no one ever heard of a tiebar....all the old C presses had a removable tiebar . As anyone who has ever used a c frame arbor press can tell,the frame also flexes off to one side,and needs stiffening at the sides of the C.......which the oldtime makers also allowed for......Price is waaaay to much,under $100 might sell.........................I meant to ask.....where is your computer made?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    A C press can be OK if the shellholder is given enough freedom to avoid any sideload on the case as the frame flexes..........has no one ever heard of a tiebar....all the old C presses had a removable tiebar . As anyone who has ever used a c frame arbor press can tell,the frame also flexes off to one side,and needs stiffening at the sides of the C.......which the oldtime makers also allowed for......Price is waaaay to much,under $100 might sell.........................I meant to ask.....where is your computer made?
    I agree. It looks really nice and I am sure it will do a nice job with most applications. But the price is way to high and it does not have much leverage.
    My $100 press is good to go for swaging. I would be surprised if you could swage with this unit.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    You would be amazed at how much better a RCBS A2 or a Big Max is compared to all those old Hollywood boat anchors. You are using very obsolete equipment compared to presses with real mechanical advantage.
    Unlike some, I don't have thread-arms or am a panty-waist, and have no problems doing anything w/ my "obsolete equipment" just as quickly as those w/ newer, "better" equipment. I always laugh at those of you who complain of having problems resizing anything bigger than .25ACP. And besides, my heirs will laugh all the way to the bank when they sell them.

How much do you want to bet on that?

What are we looking at in this area (is that a free give away clock beside the powder scale and radio back there) and could you set the camera you took the photo with on the bench while you move the 10-10 scale or the device you used to post it here? :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C33362EE-DD65-41FA-8E9C-F4568A7BBB19.jpeg  
    Last edited by jmorris; 12-17-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Boolit Master

As others have mentioned, the power of this press is lacking. The leverage provided by the widely spaced pivot position and handle position looks like it's best suited for neck sizing. I'm also wondering if the bosses for the top end of the links are beefy enough. It looks good for bench rest shooters but nit for general reloading. I would rather have my Rock Chucker II.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I think I'd pass on this one but sure would like to see more about that new Lyman turret
    that kinda' looks like a T-7.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    How much do you want to bet on that?

What are we looking at in this area (is that a free give away clock beside the powder scale and radio back there) and could you set the camera you took the photo with on the bench while you move the 10-10 scale or the device you used to post it here? :P
    Sorry, I thought the topic was reloading presses. Mea Culpa.

Boolit Master

Sorry, I thought the topic was reloading presses. Mea Culpa.
    Well, it was until you stated, "There is NOTHING on my bench made wholly or in-part in China. Guaranteed." and posted a photo of your bench.

At that point, it became a challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    Well, it was until you stated, "There is NOTHING on my bench made wholly or in-part in China. Guaranteed." and posted a photo of your bench.

At that point, it became a challenge...
    One of the old 'put foot in mouth' routines...funny! . . .

I think he was thinking of his steel though...ooops!

Never challenge this crowd! Keep your PRIDE in your pocket too...hey...he runs a pretty clean bench...can't say that for loads of others who post bench pictures!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast