Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Recieved two rifles today

Recieved two rifles today

First one is a Beeman Chief . PA had 11% off plus free shipping . A pcp for $160.00 pulled me in . Will need a TKO for were I am at . But I have to give it a try . It has a adjustable QB type trigger and as the factory stated it is at 3.6 pounds Soon to be at 2 pounds . I was not expecting much cosmetically for the price . But it puts my Discovery to shame . I might have gotten the one in a million . But the wood is good and the metal is a nice dark blue with no rust . Do I believe the shoot count no . Fill is 2000 psi .
    The second one I bought from Flying dragon . It is a xisico sentry 3 mags , and moderated with a power adjuster . 3000 psi fill $ 250 to my door . Trigger set at 2.5 pounds . It will be about a week before I can chrony these . But that will give me time to clean them up and lube them . As well as set the triggers up on both of them . This one has a QB like trigger as well .Marvin

Looking forward to a report on them...especiaaly the chief!

From what I have heard as well as the bark of my Discos it would be load with out a moderator . And some were around 18- 20 usable shoots is about all I expect . It did come with a de gasser . Which means a power adjuster should be easily made to take its place .Marvin

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Looking forward to a report on them...especiaaly the chief!
    Here is a video you might like .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7jKxkfIX0

Boolit Master
    Friend pick up the chief on a whim.
    I found it to be rough and spot on with this video But after remounting his poor scope install and using a few different pellets we found nice groups at 50 yards quickly.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ptUi2Qg7Z_s

I found out today that the Sentry is not quite enough for were I live with the factory moderator . So it might go back in the box until I get moved . Will be at least the end of the week before I see the TKO for the Chief . Don't know if you saw the video on the side of the video I posted . But the trigger is adjustable and the way to do it is posted there .Marvin

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by melloairman View Post
    I found out today that the Sentry is not quite enough for were I live with the factory moderator . So it might go back in the box until I get moved . Will be at least the end of the week before I see the TKO for the Chief . Don't know if you saw the video on the side of the video I posted . But the trigger is adjustable and the way to do it is posted there .Marvin
    after putting rounds down range its a good shooter for the price point. I think what will be seen is how well it holds up and can it be easily fixed.
    the beeman chief has almost the same trigger group if not the same as my old crosman 1400s

I been eye ballin the Diana stormrider as its got a mag fed system. Im not a high end pellet gun guy so if I can spend under $250 and get a 3/4" group or so at 50 yards that's fine
    Last edited by mac1911; 12-17-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Here is a video you might like .Marvin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7jKxkfIX0
    Thanks for the link...had to get on my cell phone to watch it, as this computer is still out of whack lol.

I watched a couple in fact, and there seems to be lot of accuracy capability in that little rifle.
    Hope yours shoots as well or better!!

I received the TKO for the Chief today . And it does not fit . But it fits the Sentry . I shoot two pellets through it today . And it is nice and quite now . But I am now having to find a LDC for the Chief . Marvin

Chrony the Sentry today . On low power with 9.8 grain pellets . Will play with the fill psi . Probably be around 2600 psi. Marvin

Chony the Chief today . 2000 psi fill and 9.8 grain pellets . Looks like both rifles are over hammer sprung . Marvin

Good to see the chrony nos. on them.

Good to see the chrony nos. on them.
    The Chief is a entry level pcp .As the Discovery and now the Maximus . They all will have probe jump and breech seal leakage . Tolerances are not what a more expensive rifle has . I still have 1 of the 2 Discovery I have bought . IMO the Chief would be my first choice of the rifles . Looks as well as trigger adjustability are the reasons the Chief wins out for me .Marvin

melloairman,

I'm slowly learning all the things i never knew about airguns, like re-sealing, taking them apart and serviceing them, etc.

When you say over hammer sprung...are you thinking a lighter hammer blow
    would get the chrony nos. closer together for a longer string?
    In other words...too much air per shot being released as it is out of the box?

Lol, i'm just trying to follow along behind some of you guys and learn more about airgunning in general.

melloairman,

I'm slowly learning all the things i never knew about airguns, like re-sealing, taking them apart and serviceing them, etc.

Lol, i'm just trying to follow along behind some of you guys and learn more about airgunning in general.
    Yes they are doing this to be able to sell on fps and nothing else . I filled to max recommended psi . If I over filled 100 - 200 psi it might give me a curve . Meaning the first or second shoot being a little lower than the third . This is what most tune for . Some times the spring will take a set by its self and the fps will drop and give a curve . I almost pulled the spring today to see what was in the rifle . To either measure the spring and then compress it more than it would generally compress and measure it to see if it was shorter and re test . Or install a lighter spring and test . But with me shooting spinners under 50 yards with a little hold over at this point I am doing ok . So I did not pull the spring . What I noticed was the fps and psi were falling off at about the same rate from 1800 psi to 1000 psi . So I am not so sure many more shoots per fill would be gained . In other words I am not in a hurry at this point but it will happen soon .Marvin

melloairman,

I am expecting in comeing fire for this but . Many believe that a 10 % deviation is needed on all tunes . It sounds good and in many cases is good . But not always needed . And some seem to forget that the BC of the projectile has a lot to do with the amount of deviation that is allowable for accuracy . As well as the distance the accuracy needs to be maintained at . And the type of shooting such as hunting , paper punching or swinger shooting . And then some really get caught up in shoot count per fill . Yes a extreme difference in count can make a difference at the end of a day but a couple of shoots per fill well I am not going to spend too many hours of tune time to deal with it when I could be enjoying shooting . A little getting to know your rifle and learning hold over and hold under is more to my liking than pulling hair to gain a small amount of deviation .JMO Marvin

I see what your saying.

Of the 3 rifles...the gauntlet, sentry, or the chief....which do you like the best at this point?

Its hard to answer that question at this point . They all have good points and weakness . And what I like for my type of shooting may not be the same as some one else . If it has to be quite out of the box and regulated then it is the Gauntlet . Which is heavy for a all day hunt . But does have swivels . It is ok on power but marginal for longer shoots if used as a hunter .
    The Sentry is light , short and the shroud is good for mounting things on top bottom and sides .But does little to quite the short 18 inch barrel . The energy is there even for a .177 and up to a 25 cal is available . Will take a little to get it to
    have a curve unless you have Mike tune it for you at Flying Dragon . A lot of rifle for $250 and I do like pistol grip stocks .
    The Chief has quite a bark as well . It does have sights that the other two do not . But my old eyes need scopes . It does have the bolt jump and no mags . But it is much cheaper than the other two as well .
    I could live with just one of either of them . But I do not expect a $160 rifle to be like a $300 or a $1000 rifle . There is no free ride that I know of . I shoot every day unless it is raining or the wind is over 20 mph . So I would rather have several inexpensive rifles to change back and forth with that one expensive rifle . Marvin

It is time for a up date . The Chief blew a probe o ring off on day 27 . Package it back up with a return number to PA for a refund . UPS said they damaged it and destroyed the empty box . PA said I would receive a refund and they would put a claim into UPS . Marvin