RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merry Christmas! Lyman 450 Sizer/Luber with dies & top punches!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by slim1836 View Post
    My thanks to BrassMagnet for his generosity. I look forward to learning to use my 450.
    I can see new molds in the near future. When am I going to save money?

Slim
    I never said that would happen!

Cool Merry Christmas! Lyman 450 Sizer/Luber with dies & top punches!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reloading Pics  01052018.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	211957

Due to illness I haven't been able to get this pic posted, but with help from BrassMagnet I was able to get it up.

On the table is X 2 Lead, Lino, Pure PB. Two new Lee 6 cavity molds and 2 sets of handles for the molds.

The Lyman 450 Lubrisizer tools, dies, also lube.

A Lyman Reloading guide.

Also 3 boxes of ammo, lubed and GC. Mold was a Lyman 311041 Mold 2 cavity for 30/30Win.

Wish to thank BrassMagnet once more for his gifts and his outstanding generosity & kindness.

Just an update to thank BrassMagnet for his generosity to this site and also to me. Not only did he send me the Lyman Lube Sizer with dies and top punches for 30 and 45 cal, he also threw in several sticks of two types of lube. On top of that, a couple days later a new Lee 452-200 SWC 6 cavity mold and handles arrived. That mold produces great boolits.
    Attachment 212881

The Lyman Lube Sizer had Carnauba Red in it already which needed some heat to help it along so I improvised to try it out and get a hang of things. I had a brass plate which I mounted under the sizer and added an iron on the backside.
    Attachment 212882
    I kind of over did the heat and the lube started turning to liquid so I shut it down to regroup. Next time a lot of less heat will be used. Once I get the heat down to the proper temp, and get the pressure down pat, I'll be a happy man. Heck, I'm already a happy man, this is just another learning curve which I will overcome with practice.

I did get a few boolits lubed. Many more are not pictured.
    Attachment 212884

Thanks again to BrassMagnet and this great site.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Moderator Emeritus

Slim, I am glad that you won! The boolits look great....so cast, cast, cast!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Thanks Paul, it was fun trying it out, I'll lube the rest of the cast boolits once I have more time. By going with 200 grain it's going to save me 30 grains of lead per shot which adds up over time. I probably have enough lead for my lifetime but I may surprise myself.

Hope to move out that way someday, but I can stay at two of my friends places. I sure like the lake and it's quiet out there, unlike the metro mess I live at.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12