Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springfield offers 1911 in 10mm

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by ikarus1 View Post
    Ruger will sell 10 of their 10mm 1911s for every one of these at more than twice the price. And wont sell out the 2A by signing off on infringing state laws like SA did in Illinois
    say what?? you do know bill ruger sold out the 2A long before all the other gun companies that have done it. old bill ruger didnt think anyone except police or military needed magazines that held more than 10rnds.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sawinredneck View Post
    For the money, the RIA double stack 10mm has my interest.
    The RIA single stack is pretty robust. I accidentally loaded Alliant Promo (Red Dot equiv) instead of Longshot in was was supposed to just be a warm 10mm load of 8.6gr of Longshot with a 216 gr bullet. According to Quickload, it ended up being quite a bit more than that -- 167K psi. The gun and magazine kind of disassembled itself in my hand, but once I put the grips back on it and reassembled the magazine, it worked fine with no signs of damage.

I also ended up replacing the reverse plug since it looked like it might have either been damaged during that incident or maybe sometimes in the past.

Boolit Master
    I have a RIA single stack and love it. I'm thinking I could buy 2 more for the same price. Sorry springfield.

Ebner

Still waiting on the other 10mm they are supposed to put out this year, XDm in 10mm!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
    Still waiting on the other 10mm they are supposed to put out this year, XDm in 10mm!

This would replace my Glock in a nanosecond

Boolit Master
    I also like the idea of the XDM I will own both...

I'll ask them about the XDm in 10mm at the SHOT Show next month. I'll also look at their 10mm 1911's, just out of curiosity. The 10mm XDm would go good with my 9x19, 357 Sig and .45 acp XD's. I'd really like to have one in .38 Super, but I doubt that's in the cards.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Grand Master

They had a video online about them announcing a 10mm XDM early this year. Certainly it has to be ready for SHOTSHOW 2018 by now and start seeing them this spring and summer coming up.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    167kPSI, DANG. I try to stay under 60kPSI even in the heavy barrel rifles etc. here, that sounds "exciting" and after I hit 30 or so I found I don't like that so much... Interesting gun, too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    The RIA single stack is pretty robust. I accidentally loaded Alliant Promo (Red Dot equiv) instead of Longshot in was was supposed to just be a warm 10mm load of 8.6gr of Longshot with a 216 gr bullet. According to Quickload, it ended up being quite a bit more than that -- 167K psi. The gun and magazine kind of disassembled itself in my hand, but once I put the grips back on it and reassembled the magazine, it worked fine with no signs of damage.

I also ended up replacing the reverse plug since it looked like it might have either been damaged during that incident or maybe sometimes in the past.

What happened is the pressure blew the case and dumped most of it down the magazine well, much as what AR's do. If the gas had been more contained the results would have been much more disasterous. I'm glad that you are okay and I'll bet the you got your hands stung by the grips!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I'll ask them about the XDm in 10mm at the SHOT Show next month. I'll also look at their 10mm 1911's, just out of curiosity. The 10mm XDm would go good with my 9x19, 357 Sig and .45 acp XD's. I'd really like to have one in .38 Super, but I doubt that's in the cards.

Fred
    I have 4 38 Supers! I love the round.

I've got a stable full of .38 Supers, and recently sold my 1911 in that caliber. I just think the XD would be a good platform for a high capacity .38 Super, or even better, a 9x23 Winchester. I was told that the guy who runs the Springfield custom shop made an XD for himself in 9x23. He's never been in the Springfield booth at the show when I've been there, since I'd like to talk to him about it. I'm hoping they'll have their 10mm XD on display, and if so, I'll order one at the show.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    I've got a stable full of .38 Supers, and recently sold my 1911 in that caliber. I just think the XD would be a good platform for a high capacity .38 Super, or even better, a 9x23 Winchester. I was told that the guy who runs the Springfield custom shop made an XD for himself in 9x23. He's never been in the Springfield booth at the show when I've been there, since I'd like to talk to him about it. I'm hoping they'll have their 10mm XD on display, and if so, I'll order one at the show.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Well truth be told Fred I have a Tokarev in 9x23 which also shoots the 38 Super very well!

I've got a Witness with a 9x23 Nowlin barrel, and I had a Ruger Blackhawk rechambered to 9x23. They both shoot sweet! My favorite long range 9mm handguns are the two 9x25 Dillon pistols, though.

Fred

Banned

If NavyVet and Fred want to see an impressive pistol check out the fk brno 7.5mm. The three of us together could barely afford it though.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    say what?? you do know bill ruger sold out the 2A long before all the other gun companies that have done it. old bill ruger didnt think anyone except police or military needed magazines that held more than 10rnds.
    Bill is long gone, Ruger makes ARs and 25rd mags for 10/22s now. I'm talking about the present and not 30 years ago. We've all seen the results of stuff like the AWB of 1994 etc.

Boolit Grand Master
    That old 10mm just refuses to go away.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Man
    I bought an ria matchtac 2011 in 10mm a few years back loaded up some 200gr hornady ftp bullets and man did I fall in love. Will punch a softball sized hole through a coyote at 30yds

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master
    The 200 grain bullet has its natural home in the 10mm. Norma-level loads that ran this bullet weight to 1200 FPS are what beat up the Colt Delta-series 1911A1 platforms, and I don't think they would do my Glocks a lot of good either. The S&W 1006 and 1026 I once owned just doted on the Norma-level stuff, though. When I have used the 200s, cast or jacketed, most of them got a speed limit of 1100 FPS. 1200 FPS with 200 grainers is a bit of a handful.

Most factory 10mm ammo runs a 180 grain bullet at 1125-1140 FPS. Federal has their "FBI Lite" loading that runs the 180 grainers at 1030 FPS. (This seems quite 40 Short & Weak-like). Winchester's Silvertip 175 grainers ran 1275 FPS from the 5" S&W barrels and get about 1225-1240 from my Glock 20's 4.6" tube. This is probably the warmest factory load I will try in the Glocks. I have used Hornady 180s with Blue Dot and AA-9 to load practice duplicators with. I have yet to try any castings through an OEM Glock 9mm, 40 S&W, or 10mm barrel. I need to get aroundtuit eventually.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12