Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: s&w governor

Boolit Buddy

s&w governor

how well will the governor hold up over time with over 1000 round of 45 colt ammo would prefer a steel fame and cylinder

Banned
    You should read the review/test in GUNTESTS.

1000 rounds ? Assume you'll be shooting most cowboy action level ammo ? If so it will last forever. If you load to edge the 454 Casull it will probably loosen up and ---- you will need a new wrist.

I have one, it is light and for that reason it usually rides on my hip while hunting. I've only ever shot standard pressure rounds through it, if I thought 1000 rounds of standard pressure 45 colt would hurt it, I'd get rid of it, but I don't so I'll keep it.
    Sully

Boolit Bub
    Well the cylinders are steel and mine has around 1000 .45 Colt rounds through it plus 2500. 410s so guess that aluminum frame is holding up just fine

Moderator Emeritus

I got one and only shoot standard 45 LC loads or #4's and Critical Defense 410 loads in it....it is light and a joy to carry....deadly on snakes and waiting to try one of the 410 critical defense loads on a wild hog or two.....the gun is perfect for my needs and I dont think that I will ever shoot it loose IMHO.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan