Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: Magpul 10-22 Stock..... and optics?

Boolit Master

Magpul 10-22 Stock..... and optics?

I was recently gifted a new 10/22, and I'm looking at options to gussy it up.

I really like the Magpul stocks, but haven't had much exposure to actually using them. Do those that have them like them?

Also, as far as optics go, I'm thinking a basic 3-9 Vortex or something of the like. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master

I went in a whole other direction. I left the rifle as it came from the factory with the exception of Volquartsen trigger components and a 4x Leupold scope. A 10/22 was the first firearm I bought as a teen and I consider its looks to be classic.

Boolit Master
    I'm still looking for a stock. I'm tired of the tweener stocks. To big for kids to little for adults? Optics are clearly up to end use and expectations. I got from redfield match sights to the Mueller 8x32x40 side focus

I recently purchased the cheap model with the short stock. I put a scope on it from another rifle that we don't shoot much any more. Thought about replacing the stock with a full size one, but the one that came on the rifle just fits my wife, and she can shoot that little rifle like a champ. I had to build up a cheek rest for her, but she is like a machine with it. Most of the time it's just one ragged hole, even with the horrible trigger.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Master
    Change the hammer ,power custom or any other after market one ,modify bolt hold open, nylon buffer quietens bolt ,cheap scope with ao adjustment clean then shoot a few hundred rounds .great fun guns!

Boolit Master

My stock answer on any 10/22 modifications is yes ! And why not. There is just so much that can. Be done with my favorite weapon system !!!! And I have an AR with Magpul stocks that I really like and everything else I have made by them from mags to sights have been top notch.

Boolit Master
    been all over the map with my 10/22s
    optics
    for general plinking and shooting at objects 6-10" like steel plates at many distances i like the this scope
    https://www.hawkeoptics.com/vantage-...-subsonic.html
    with out breaking the bank I have been using one of these also
    http://muelleroptics.com/products/mu...ocus-tactical/
    If i knew they where coming out with this I might have tried this for my target shooting only needs
    http://muelleroptics.com/products/mu...ocus-tactical/

As for stocks I like the full size. I was not happy with anything from magpul or boyds and still not really finding a stock I really like. Im trying a Titan now so far I like the feel and weight and balance but it lacks adjustable comb and my head and eyes dont fit well behind any scope or sights so I will be trying to figure out how to install a comb kit or will be using tape and foam to customize it for now.

I also have it set up to run match sights which i really like

Boolit Master

That’s awesome! I’ll post a picture of mine with the scope. It’s a Vortex 3-9x40 I got for Christmas. I figured for all that I’d be doing, it’s all I’ll ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    That’s awesome! I’ll post a picture of mine with the scope. It’s a Vortex 3-9x40 I got for Christmas. I figured for all that I’d be doing, it’s all I’ll ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really wanted a 24" or 27" long barrel to try and mimic the full size target rifles like the 513,40,52 and older anchutz.
    Cost was double the 20" barrel...itching to get it out. The cold is not to bad but the wind has not stopped for weeks!