Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 300 blackout load advice

Boolit Bub

300 blackout load advice

Just started getting stuff around to some 300 blackout I have a NOE 165gr high tech hp mold I would like to use for my sonic loads I have a 1in8 twist 16" pistol length gas block AR that I will be shooting these from. And what would be a good mold for my sub sonic boolits thanks all for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    NOE 245gr. FP Hi-Tek is what I am going with. Yet to shoot them. May coat tomorrow then load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve run the lee 230 with PC and it had a similar POI as my 150 FMJ loads

Boolit Bub
    I also use the 230gr Lee mold, beagled to drop at .310, single coat of HF powder coat, then sized to .309 and loaded subsonic over 10.8gr of 1680. COAL of 2.210. I run them suppressed (Silencerco Hybrid) both semi auto and full auto through an 8” Noveske barrel with an adjustable gas block. They cycle and LRBHO without any issues so far. I’ve been through about 300 of them in the last month. I’m not shooting for extreme accuracy, but it hits soda cans all day long at 50 yards through my Aimpoint while semi-auto. Chrono has them at about 1025 in 55 degree weather. There are better molds out there, for sure, but for a good plinking round dropped from a cheap mold, I have no complaints.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    I also use the 230gr Lee mold, beagled to drop at .310, single coat of HF powder coat, then sized to .309 and loaded subsonic over 10.8gr of 1680. COAL of 2.210. I run them suppressed (Silencerco Hybrid) both semi auto and full auto through an 8” Noveske barrel with an adjustable gas block. They cycle and LRBHO without any issues so far. I’ve been through about 300 of them in the last month. I’m not shooting for extreme accuracy, but it hits soda cans all day long at 50 yards through my Aimpoint while semi-auto. Chrono has them at about 1025 in 55 degree weather. There are better molds out there, for sure, but for a good plinking round dropped from a cheap mold, I have no complaints.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    Not a problem. If you have any issues with your sub loads or setting up that gun to shoot and cycle them, just shoot me a PM.