Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: Loading for the MAS-36

Boolit Master

Loading for the MAS-36

I took my MAS 36 out for the first time today, but ran out of time for serious work and shot a few offhand. Mold choice was difficult. I have a lot of bore riders from messing around with a couple of rifles that like them. Even the ones with .298" noses were to tight to chamber. Dropped back to punt and picked out at random an old Modern Bond D-311-1145 180 gr plain base I thought might work. http://castpics.net/dpl/index.php/th...ern-bond-molds Tossed them in some BLL unsized and loaded some up with 8 grains of Unique, used up several getting used to the sights and on paper. The front post is so thick I set the rear to 900 meters and set the top of the front at the bottom of the bullseye. I foresee some cheap, plain base fun ahead if this is any indication; 50 yards and I am not very good at offhand shooting (shaky tremors):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scan_20171213.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	209489

Next up is put it on a bench with the chronograph and try a couple other charge weights and its shorter brother, the 150 gr D-311-955.
    Last edited by texassako; 12-14-2017 at 12:17 AM.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master
    I have a Sana Fe 1949. This is a commercially sporterized model 36 form 1949. I shoot the Lee 160gr 2R TL powder coated and gas checked with Hornady copper checks. I size mine .311" (as I do for 30-30 as well)

I'm using 2400 to achieve about 1900fps. Accuracy is very good. If you want I will post the exact data.

Motor