Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experiences with Ruger LCRX .38?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    The LCRx is going to be my constant front pocket carry when working outside. It looks like it would stand up to the expected scrapes and bumps of farm and car work than most revolvers would, not that the 637 is fragile or anything. I like the replaceable front sight which gives a very clear picture, unlike that of most snubbies. The reports of the LCR's accuracy are encouraging too, given that I would be far more likely to use it against a threat on four legs than two.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I got one for my daughter. She is petite, 5'1" 90 lbs, and racking a slide, no go. We were at a gun show and the best DA trigger, in her opinion for her, was the LCR or LCRx. I have owned many J frames and the J Frame trigger is around 15 lbs, what a joke. Had a gunsmith get my wife"s J Frame down to 12 lbs. anyway, I bought a bunch of ammunition. My daughter tried it all. She settled on a 148 grain DEWC. It will shoot through a man even at anemic levels. I know that at 650 FPS, it will shoot through 16" of ballistic gelatin., in the front and out the back.
    My wife is tiny, only 5’. She has a hard time with racking the slide on an auto, that is until we tried the Walther CCP. She has a combo light/Laser on it, and loves it.

She also has a 3” LCRx in 38 Special. J frame triggers were too hard for her, but the LCRx has a great trigger. It’s also got some recoil with +P loads, so she shoots wadcutters in it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    The LCRx is going to be my constant front pocket carry when working outside. It looks like it would stand up to the expected scrapes and bumps of farm and car work than most revolvers would, not that the 637 is fragile or anything. I like the replaceable front sight which gives a very clear picture, unlike that of most snubbies. The reports of the LCR's accuracy are encouraging too, given that I would be far more likely to use it against a threat on four legs than two.
    I am curious if you did get one or not, & what ya think.

P.S. - changing to the Pachmyr grips as mentioned by some of us is "the ticket" for this type of revolver & really makes a difference for bigger hands & a more comfortable grip for those of us who like that little finger to have a "nest" to sit in when gripping a pistol. Or, at least a longer grip to push against the heel of ones hand. The pics Three Fifty Seven shared are a great example of the difference, but that bottom one really makes the comparison well defined & easily seen... This one:

I think it was about 20-25 frogskins when we got our grip set last Summer & worth every penny.

GLuck! regardless of what ya decide, but it would be great to know, if ya please & have the time.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

I had to eat an HVAC repair day before Christmas so it will be awhile. I will post here when I get one, it's in the plans. And, Ruger rolled out a new 9mm carbine so that is competing for my dollars too!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I had to eat an HVAC repair day before Christmas so it will be awhile. I will post here when I get one, it's in the plans. And, Ruger rolled out a new 9mm carbine so that is competing for my dollars too!
    Bummer to hear about the HVAV issue.

Thanks for the update, though! Hope ya end up getting both firearms when ya can!

and a Happy New Year! to you & yours as well!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Thanks. I'm planning to acquire the two Rugers and a single stack 9mm this year. I'll probably get them in whatever order I find the best deal!

Boolit Buddy
    I keep rereading this thread and thinking to myself that I am probably going to buy a .38 LCRX that my mother had purchased for herself while living alone for protection. She feels she doesn't need it anymore, and wants me to sell it for her.

Even though I would prefer the .357 model for the caliber, I think I can work well with the heavier boolits in a .38 given the smaller frame and weight of the Ruger.
    Liberalism isn't just a disease anymore, it is a mental disorder.

Sirach 2: 4-9

Any questions.......http://http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293211-Bubba-w-a-45-70-is-a-bonafied-straight-shooter
    Or here....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-shooter-too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12