Thread: New Lyman presses sneak peak.

New Lyman presses sneak peak.

Just got this email from Lyman.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adb8f904-938d-4b38-88f1-c31c6c3310f2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	209390
    Glad to see orange is back, never liked the black hammerite finish.

They are giving me deja vu though. I've seen those presses before. What am I thinking of? Herter's maybe?

I don't think I'll give up my old T-Mag and Orange Crusher but, I'm interested in checking those new ones out.

Boolit Master

That Turret Press looks interesting. well then... Off to their website!
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

I did not see anything on their website. If someone finds something please post the link. I like the looks of the turret press. Similar to the Redding T7.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I found more pictures and info (well.... actually Google found them... ) That's it though, not allot out there.

Name:	np_Lyman-Brass-Smith-8-Station-Turret-Press.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	209428

Name:	np_Lyman-Brass-Smith-C-Frame-Press.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	209429

Name:	np_Lyman-Brass-Smith-Single-State-Press.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	209430

The Brass Smith 8-Station Turret Press from Lyman is forged from heavy duty cast iron. The 8-die station turret is the largest available and will hold two complete 4-die sets or up to four 2-die sets. The straight line primer feed is easy to use, and for added safety, a heavy steel shield surrounds the primer tubes. A comfortable ball handle can be positioned for either right- or left-hand use. The Brass Smith 8-Station Turret Press is designed for use with any standard 0.875 inch x 14 thread-dies and accepts standard shell holders.
    Lyman’s Brass Smith C-Frame Press is an ideal beginner press or precision companion press for experienced reloaders. Its compact design requires minimal bench space. It features a one-inch diameter ram and a 3.875-inch press opening for pistol calibers and rifle cartridges with a loaded length of up to 3.7 inches. A central handle position allows for ambidextrous use. The C-Frame Press accepts all 0.875 inch x 14-thread dies and standard shell holders.
    The Brass Smith Single Stage Press features heavy duty cast iron construction in an “O” frame design, one-inch diameter ram and compound linkage. The straight line primer feed comes with large and small primer tubes, and the large 5-inch frame opening works with the largest cases. The Single Stage Press is designed for use with any standard 0.875 inch x 14-thread dies and accepts standard shell holders.
    https://shootingindustry.com/new-products/

Name:	newprodss1706.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	209431

Lyman’s new Brass Smith C-Frame Press is designed as an affordable press for beginners AND for use as a secondary press for experienced reloaders. The compact C-Frame Press requires minimal bench space. Small but strong, the rugged press frame is made of cast iron, while other components are all steel. The press features compound linkage for optimum leverage, a 1” diameter ram, and a 3 7/8” press opening which can handle cartridges with a loaded length of up to 3.700”. The press has a central handle position for easy ambidextrous use and a ball handle for comfortable operation. The C-Frame Press accepts all 7/8×14 thread dies and standard shell holders. The press… is the perfect auxiliary press for whose wishing to perform a specific operation separate from their main press.
    Price: $99.95
    http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...hot-show-2018/

Thanks for sharing.Also glad the orange is back.Dog

I see the dump cups on the single stage, where to spent primers go in that turret?

Seeing the hole in the side it looks like a dump cup like on the single stage with priming system but not installed?

Boolit Master
    there is no provision for a tiebar on either the C press or the turret... About what you'd expect when an advertising agency designs a press........probably wrote the spiel first........and ....cast iron dont forge...it breaks into pieces.

I wonder what is they have to hold the top of the T press plate in place, I wonder if it is like the old one that I have that is a bolt that if it get broken will need to have someone make one for you because Lyman dose not have that replacement bolt that I know of. I do all my sizen and depriming on a single stage press that I got used that is Hornady .Also use it to do some loading with also.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Anyone know who is making these for Lyman ?

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

That 8 station press looks interesting to me anyone have anymore info; I can't find a thing about it.

The turret looks like a Herters Super 3 had a baby with a Redding T7.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

max you need a new hobby.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

looks great my first press was an old lyman orange press

Banned
    If the C links on the Brass Smith C frame are cast iron then they will break under heavy use. If machined steel they should stand up reasonably well.

Ken

Lyman has them on the website now. The Single Stage and the Turret are "Out of stock" but the c-frame is available "Is temporarily out of stock but available for back order". Sounds like the SS and Turret aren't shipping from the factory just yet.

Name:	NewLymanPresses.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	211130

That turret sure is interesting, I might just be tempted to swap out the old T-Mag after all.
    Last edited by Ziptar; 01-05-2018 at 09:23 AM. Reason: I can't type or remember to proofread before posting.

It will be interesting to read the first reviews. I'm especially interested in a side-by-side comparison Lyman 8 to Redding 7.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    It will be interesting............................... I'm especially interested in a side-by-side comparison Lyman 8 to Redding 7.
    My thoughts as well.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE