Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your boolits?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Coffee cans from both home and work, just grabbed these from the break room.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I lost my main supplier of coffee cans when I retired! I did end up with enough surplus that my coffee habit at home will be able to keep up with the demand for a good long while. I use them more for brass than for bullets though.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I lost my main supplier of coffee cans when I retired! I did end up with enough surplus that my coffee habit at home will be able to keep up with the demand for a good long while. I use them more for brass than for bullets though.
    I use them for both, then mark them with tape and magic marker

Boolit Master

I bought some 6x6x6 cardboard boxes one time (about the size that you get when you buy 500 ready made bullets.)

I keep using and reusing them. Haven't had the need to throw any of them away, been 8 years now, so it was a good purchase for me.

Also a good size when I give them to my buddy. We buy lead, he smelts and I cast
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Bub
    Plastic peanut butter jars, Instant coffee jars for on the shelf brass and boolits. And I also use some 5 lb. plastic used food containers from GFS with just a snap on lid for when I get into a casting frenzy and have too many to put into the other jars. The ones in the jars are all lubed and sized and the boolits in the GFS containers are usually just cast and not sized or lubed. Of course everything is labelled.

I'm glad I just ran across this thread, I been thinking more lately about a more organized way to store my boolits. My storage routine is are a few big round Tupperware bowls with lids for unsized/unlubed. I only powder coat for now, haven't lubed and yet. I've got little Tupperware medium and large all types of different plastic cans and boxes with lids, lots of zip lock bags full. I read through this and got a new idea from taking a little from each of y'all's way of doing it. I'm about to go to the reload room now and start organizing it up lol. Got literally hundreds of different ammo boxes of all different calibers. I like that idea too. And I've got dozens of empty 30cal and 50cal ammo can in metal and plastic. Those are about to be full now. Thanks for the ideas guys

Boolit Grand Master

Stacked neatly in plastic containers with tight fitting lids. I place them base down , side by side and fill the bottom with one layer.
    Cut a thin cardboard divider and lay on top of the first layer, place another layer, neatly , base down and side by side.
    Put on lid and label.

After going to all the trouble to cast perfect boolits, carefully sizing and lubricating them.... I am not going to pour them into a metal coffee can so they can get all banged around and dinged up... That's just disrespectful to the art .
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    No real order, but they are mostly in the same place....old plastic coffee, peanut butter, racket ball, jelly etc containers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1265.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	209580

Not sized or lubed - in plastic bags in cardboard boxes.
    Sized and lubed - in factory ammo boxes (left at the range by those who do not reload) with a 1X3 label on one end. Casting and sizing is a lot of work. This protects my soft bullets (30-1 alloy) and soft lube (DGL or NRA 50/50) that I labored over.

Boolit Bub
    I use these containers from Wal mart they fit in my shelves well and will hold about 20lbs of boolits rather well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$TORE THEM ?!?
    That'$ $acrelige !
    I $hoot them a$ $oon a$ I ca$t and lube.
    I'm alway$ behind the curve and need to ca$t more.
    After all, none of them co$t me any money $o I $hoot a$ much a$ I can !

One other thing - I ALWAYS leave the range with more brass than I brought. I scrounge brass. I ALWAYS scrounge brass, be it at practice or at organized shoots. I always pick up their brass when friends shoot and give them their own brass (that makes them happy). So, nobody grouses at me for being a 'brass rat'. However, ANY brass that is not picked up by the shooter on line, well, let's just say "IT's MINE !"
    Also, I pillage the trash buckets for the empty ammo boxes people discard, who only casually shoot their factory ammo. I usually have several thousand rounds of loaded ammo in various boxes ready for my next sojourn to the range.
    Also, I recently shot at a range where FEDERAL AIR MARSHALLS practice and qualify. They shoot 357SIG and leave them. I picked up quite a few hundred and brought them back in my airline luggage. TSA said nothing about them, even tho I had a couple other handguns in that bag. I offered them as a "Christmas gift" to our club VP. Needless to say, he was so overjoyed he almost 'shot off' in his pants....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC2xTCb_GU

Have you ever heard of an anchor holding SLOW ?
    As far as some of us on this forum, we don't bite; We shoot !
    To see my images at imgur.com
    sign in as BOOLITCASTER
    password - 123456789

Boolit Buddy
    For those of you that are wishing to obtain card board type boxes to store your boolits I highly encourage you to google your local corrugated box supplier and look over their inventory and see if they have the perfect corrugated box available locally. Always easier to pick it up & turn it around in your hands & measure it in order to find that perfect box for your needs. Look at the construction of the box, nominal weight of the product, how it opens & closes. My local corrugate box supplier handles over 300 different size boxes. Most are way to large for my use. Others are to flimsly or the lid is made wrong..

Ron H

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Assorted cleaned( washed) peanut butter & mayonnaise/M.Whipp/salad dressing jars,chip dip, sour cream, cottage cheese containers, "Take home" soup containers, & margarine /cool whip tubs, parts trays - large & small... etc..
    Anything I can get my hands on that the missus doesn't throw out to recycling before I get to it, usually works.

Interesting subject & Thanks for posting it!

Same here. Would like to find something more uniform some day though.

Boolit Buddy
    I use these from Walmart when they have them online, about a buck a piece by the case. They hold about 30 Lbs of bullets.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite...of-12/44785855

Boolit Bub
    I like these better than what are Walmart carriers are the Rugged

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcountry022885 View Post
    I like these better than what are Walmart carriers are the Rugged

They are a lot heavier than the one with the red lid on the shelf(Dollar Store ****)
    They also stack, just have to keep checking for stock. They have been listed by 3rd party suppliers on walmart.com but are about twice the price. I use them for primed brass and storing die plates for my RCBS Pro 2000. Just have to support the bottom when they are full. Lid is hinged at the back and clips in the front. I still have a case and half.

I prefer cardboard trading card boxes for my sized and lubed boolits. I have limited shelf room and find these take up a lot less space than tupperware or the good old coffee can. They can be found fairly cheap if you have a card collector or comic book store around. They are pretty sturdy and the big benefit with these boxes is the lid tucks on the outside of the box. They come in many different lengths for your different calibers. If possible, I stack the boolits neatly and separate each layer with a cardboard cutout from a 12 pack.

Attachment 210402

Cigar boxes are great too if you have a source.
    Last edited by Alexn20; 12-27-2017 at 12:18 PM. Reason: addition
    Bring your hip waders!!

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Coffee cans from both home and work, just grabbed these from the break room.
    I lived in a condo building for 25 years and scrounged the trash room for plastic coffee cans. I stored them at my girlfriend's barn, and we ultimately bought the house.
    I have more than I will ever use in 5 lifetimes. I still cannot pass one up at the dump or in the condo building which I now manage.
    If any one wants a bunch, come on by.....take as many as you need. Metal coffee cans too. I have a ton.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

I store my 405GC bullets for my 45-70 Lubed and sized with the gas check installed in MTM cartridge boxes
    intended for 45ACP cartridges.

The thousands of 358156 gas checked bullets I made and have not yet used up I keep in the plastic trays that Federal used as cartridge trays in their ammo boxes years ago. A gun-shop/range I used to go to in NJ sold the empty trays for $0.05 each and I bought a couple hundred of them to organize my reloading brass...

I have not yet settled on a storage method for the bullets I will make from my new 311041 mold.

Boolit Buddy

A few years ago they started using some brand of coffee at work that came in 1 lb metal containers (artsie looking). I have snagged every one I could. I peal off the label and fill them up with lead nuggets.

Boolit Grand Master

Raw castings in .50 cal cans.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast