Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK - Who Shoots 22 Hornet? - Xmas Giveaway

Boolit Master
    Very nice offer, and I'll put my hat in the ring!
    I have a Handi-rifle chambered in 22 hornet. So far, the only thing it has fired projectiles at, is paper. I'm hoping that I can take it out this spring, and let the grandkids try for a whistlepig or two.

Merry Christmas!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Mold
    Very thoughtful of you to make this offer! My 22 Hornet launchers include a TC Contender 10" bull barrel, a Ruger No. 3 rifle and a Winchester Model 54 with a Unertl 4X scope. Primary uses are for recreational shooting and ground squirrels. Thanks for the opportunity to participate.

Baja Traveler,

Very generous of you, I'll also throw my hat in the ring. I just acquired a real nice single shot w/26" barrel, Sav 219c, 22-H, haven't fired it yet, mounted a Lupi 2X7 on it yesterday, as it has groves like most 22's. There are several models, I don't believe the 219b had groves? They also made it in, 25-20, 32-20, 30-30 and I think a couple of shotgun barrels. I think all are interchangeable? Started Mfg in 1937 or 8, till, into the60's? Anyway, I have acquired some accessories, but still looking for more and can't wait to sight it in and put it to good use!

Thanks for the chance, good luck to all, if I should not be the lucky one. I wish for "obssd1958" to WIN!

Merry Christmas, Mac
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 12-11-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the opportunity to talk about the Hornet. I bought a handi-rifle from a member here and after putting a few rounds on paper, I took my grandson on his first deer hunt. The 22 hornet is legal in Oklahoma with 50 grain bullets. He shot a nice 10 pointer that dropped in its tracks. What a memory for both of us! Please put me in the lottery. Caliboose

Boolit Bub
    Thankyou for the chance to receive a Christmas gift from your family. I have a savage 24v in 22 h and 20ga. I mould my on boolits and enjoy shooting it very much. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a, believe 60's era, Walther KKJ in 22 Hornet, that has a really neat, overly engineered, one piece detachable scope mount........so, I shoot it with the factory sights at 50 yards at paper, don't really hunt much anymore. Thanks for your offering - Merry Christmas! Bill in MA

Boolit Master
    Such a gracious offer. My 22 hornet is my TC contender with the old style octagon barrel. The only things we shoot with it are paper targets. My kids love the low recoil and the cougar on the side of the gun.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Man
    I will shoot it in my ruger no 3 in 22 K-Hornet.
    Probably just target shooting.
    New brass fire forms better than used brass.
    Thank you
    Thanks
    HawkEye

Boolit Master
    I have a custom barreled Ruger No.1 by Goodsteel (Malcolm Ballistic Tool), it is a death ray for jackrabbits.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

Boolit Buddy

22 hornet brass.

my son and myself will load this and shoot crows off of tobacco poles. lots of fun! Using a Ruger 22 KHornet. rechambered by Randy at Connecticut precision chambering. Exploding crows!

Boolit Mold
    Baja, thanks for this kind gesture! I have an H&R break open single shot in .22 Hornet. Bought it in '73 when my wife told me she was pregnant with our son (don't ask me how she knew the baby would be a boy!). This was the first center fire rifle he ever shot. We took a number of Whitetail deer in the pasture behind our house with the Hornet (small, Central Texas deer) after he learned to shoot it when he was 5 years old. Son's daughter turned 5 in Sept. I would use this brass to load ammo for my Granddaughter to use on ground squirrels in interior Alaska when we go on our annual camping trip next Summer!

Boolit Buddy
    Suppressed Handi Rifle and suppressed Savage 320. Mostly eliminate garden pests and feral cats.

Boolit Master

I have an Anchutz 1700 I shoot hoping to make it to Colorado this next summer for prairie dogs. Have a great Christmas
    Gmsharps

Banned
    I'll jump in also. No 22 Hornet in the cabinet so I will put them into permanent retirement as part of the ARTCA archive collection.

Ken

Sounds like a great Christmas present. I have a Contender G1 with a 10” barrel and a G2 with a 16” barrel. Deadly on woodchucks. Merry Christmas to all !

Boolit Buddy

Price tag

Don't need or want brass but am curious to know the price on price tag...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Hodges View Post
    My 22 Hornet is a TC Contender Carbine.....it is shot mostly at targets, at least one coyote and is looking for a particularly fat and meddlesome groundhog that is pestering my brother's yard. He is a sneaky critter who has a sixth sense about people with weapons that leads him to make a mad dash to one of his holes.

I'm sure my brother would have got him by now except for the fact that he starts grumbling the moment he sees the critter. I would love to put a sneak on him...(the groundhog not my brother).
    Boy!!! That's good to hear!
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a 22 hornet Handi-Rifle.

Boolit Master
    I will jump in. My 22 hornet is a 10 inch bull barrel T/C Contender with a 2X pistol scope. I use it for target shooting both paper and steel with both cast and jacket.Thanks .......Terry

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JRLesan View Post
    Don't need or want brass but am curious to know the price on price tag...
    Price tag looks like $5.24 for each box.
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from poor judgment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast