RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OK - Who Shoots 22 Hornet? - Xmas Giveaway

Boolit Master

I would shoot them out of a Contender, Browning Micro Medallion, or a Ruger #3 at paper targets with cast boolits.
    I do need to cast some more with my NOE 225-48-SP mould. A member needed some to try out his new Handi Rifle, so I sent him what I had cast and some PPU brass since he had no brass!
    Prairie dogs and other small game will be later!

Moderator Emeritus

What a generous offer, I'm in.

A Ruger #3 sits in my Safe, ready for duty, whether it is varmint patrol or just target practice. She is topped with a vintage Weaver 10x Target scope. The Lee Bator is the boolit of preference for her, it's short fat design is just the thing for the slow twist that Ruger put in her barrel. But she may get an upgrade, the NOE 37gr was recently procured for loading to 22LR power level, for quieter shots.

A few years ago, at a friend's vegetable farm, my friend asked me to dispatch a troublesome woodchuck, apparently he [the woodchuck] was a vegetarian (yep, I said WAS), and he could destroy a field full of young fresh plantings in nothing flat. He was living in a woodpile, I just needed to wait til he got hungry and felt like leaving the wood pile for lunch.

Winchester is my preferred brand of 22 hornet brass, making this chance even more desired.
    Thanks again,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Buddy
    Just bought a Savage 219 project rifle in 22Hornet.
    Needs work, doesn't cock most times, early model striker fired. Nice little rifle.
    Never had a Hornet before with all the rifles I've owned.

Good idea Baja I hope you find someone with a grandson who will receive a hornet for his birthday or Christmas. Sort of like the Red Ryder BB gun back in the 50's. Take Care, REd

Boolit Buddy

Baja Traveler what a wonderful Christmas offering! I would love to be included in this drawing.

I own two 22 Hornets a Handi-rifle I picked up a few years ago that has a strong preference for Midway 34 grain dogtown bullets over Lil gun. The second is a new to me CZ527 that hasn't even made it's first range trip yet. I use them for target practice, and various troublesome wildlife from coyote down to squirrels. I shoot mostly jacketed but really need to get cracking on some cast loads. I have a pretty good selection of molds for 22caliber, including several proven performers in 22 Hornet.

Thanks again!
    dagunnut
    Mario

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in and plan to shoot them in some appropriate rifle that I wish someone would get me for Christmas. Hope to punch holes in paper and tin cans.

Well im in this is very nice of you love this site great bunch of ladies and gents . Ive pu a tc contender with a 14 super barrel ..maily punching paper but will be handy yote hunting MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Dave Biesenbach
    port charlotte fl

Boolit Master

Please put me in.

Sure a lot of posters, Here's Mine, I only own 1 .22 hornet it`s a Savage model 23 . It has a old scope on it . and it shoot`s very well . I only killed a Crow with it. I wish I missed ,As I am getting older I have a hard time killing just to kill.( I did not eat the crow ). anyway I enjoy shooting the .22 hornet at rocks and other targets. I have about 40 brass cases that are old so I lose some from case spits .

Very thoughtful and generous. I have a contender that I shoot squeaks with.

Cheshire Oregon-Near Eugene about 60 miles from Pacific coast
    This is a great and fun offer. I have a Winchester model 43 and it loves 35 grain V max and a case full of Lilgun. I want to work out a good cast load for it. Hope to get it out after Sagerats in the spring.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by whtsmoke View Post
    I too don't have one yet and the funny thing is I was at our local Dicks which is not my favorite store but I was killing time waiting to pick the wife up from dialysis this morning and they had 8 boxes of 22 Hornet ammo and i just stood there looking and dreaming about getting one, so I would like to be in if that is possible. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Ha. That's how it happens but it took a little more for me. A buddy of mine had a friend who was trying to feed his .22 rifle some remington .22 hornets. I got a box of 49 because the guy crumpled one. The 49 count box sat on my shelf for six years before the rifle was procured. Yea a free box of ammo can send you down the rabbit hole.

Boolit Grand Master

Happy Holidays to you Sir. I would shoot them out of a custom MGM barrel for my Encore chambered in .22 K-Hornet.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    My three grandsons and I would make one box into 25 Hornets and the other box into a centerfire 25 Stevens. The Hornet is a relined H&R 20 gauge shotgun and the 25 Stevens is an original Stevens model 44. The targets are none other than the gray squirrel and the occasional tin can. Irregardless of who wins we hope you have a good time with your family on Christmas Eve. Thats how we celebrate here as well.

Boolit Bub
    I have the M6 scout .22 hornet over .410 and she is a straight shooter, I love it. I have some bullets in the mail someplace and experimenting with different loads. I plan on using it for small critters and ptarmigan here on AK. I like the caliber so much that I'll be checking the LGS's for any used ones that may come in.

Boolit Bub
    great idea!!

I am surprised at the number of Ruger #3 rifles. I had assumed I had one of the few, as most folks I run into don't even know what a Ruger #3 is. My first Hornet was a contender barrel, still like that one, as well as the #3 (need to figure out how to mount a scope on it) and picked up a 77/22 hornet stainless. Haven't worked up a load for that one yet, but so far it's liking 40gr Vmax.

I just started to get into casting, so if there's a preferred Hornet bullet (NOE 39gr seems popular), feel free to PM me details (so as to not clutter this fine thread) and also picked up the stuff to powder coat the little buggers as well.

Just started shooting a Savage Rascal with my daughter (9), figured the hornet will be a good second step when she's big enough to shoulder it properly.

Thanks again for doing this, always good to have some extra hornet brass!

I would shoot it out of a contender rifle too, either paper or coyotes trying to eat my chickens would be shot.

Awesome offer!
    I’m in. I’ll use them to load for my son’s H&R that his Pawpaw gave him several years ago. He shoots targets!

-Butchman

In Remembrance
    Great offer! I would load and shoot the brass in my professionally restored Stevens 44-1/2 and a T/C Contender.
    NRA Life
    NMLRA Life
    F&AM

Quote Originally Posted by fivegunner View Post
    I only killed a Crow with it. I wish I missed ,As I am getting older I have a hard time killing just to kill.
    I am there with you. As I get older I appreciate life more and understand we are all mortal. Recently I had to shoot a woodpecker that was hammering away in the rafters of my roof. I felt very bad about killing it but could not let it continue to damage my home's roof. People can think I am a sissy or a PETA person if they want, but I gave it a respectful burial.

keyhole

Boolit Buddy

Hi!
    I will shoot these out of my Winchester model 70 in .22 Hornet. Both paper targets and woodchucks.
    Thanks!
    Jim

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast