Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingWidenersLee Precision
Load Data RotoMetals2

Thread: For you CONTROL FREAK'S who own a Loadmaster

For you CONTROL FREAK'S who own a Loadmaster

Not to long ago i stopped using the bullet feeder system on my LM and really like manually triggering the arms to feed out the bullet.

Tonight i made a quick Handle on the case feeder so that i can manually push the case into the shell plate. Tomorrow I'll go get some supplies and make a nice setup that's removable.

Anyone want to see it?

Its really nice to not feel the drag from that tension system.
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Of course! I'm always interested in mods that people do (and I'm sure there are others). I actually manually feed mine quite a bit - when I'm first starting a run I push them in until it's all running ok then engage the lever. I find it's no big deal doing it manually anyway, as it's having the 4-tube feeder that is the important thing (makes life much easier).

I spent a few days setting everything up to work slick and removing the extra manual operations.

That is the point of progressives, to me at least.

If I want a “manual” everything progressive the 550 is what I use, progressives just don’t get any simpler that that one.

But yeah, that’s the point of these forums. Show us what you’ve got!

I got spoiled when i was loading a big batch of 30-06.

No case feeder drag
    No bullet feeder drag

I really like how it felt. And i really like not worrying about short stroking the press and then stopping to remove a case or grab a flying bullet

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I spent a few days setting everything up to work slick and removing the extra manual operations.

That is the point of progressives, to me at least.

If I want a “manual” everything progressive the 550 is what I use, progressives just don’t get any simpler that that one.

But yeah, that’s the point of these forums. Show us what you’ve got!
    I change calibers on mine way to much to set it up like yours..

Im even designing a bullet feeder to fill my tubes up, it sits on the bench and ill just turn a hand crank to drop them in a tube

Banned
    Pictures would be nice LAKEMASTER

I found a simple mod to add good light to my loadmaster.
    I slightly enlarge the center hole in the bottom with a hole saw and drill a hole through the center to accept a 12 v light

KAWELL Universal 6pcs High Power White 9w LED Eagle Eye Bumper DRL Fog Light Motorcycle Light Daytime Running DRL Tail Backup Light Car Motor Clearance Marker Lights $8.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Master
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13GSqIq-OyQ

LAKEMASTER CHECK THIS OUT! it has been revised and changed since this video, but you will get the idea!
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

That’s very close to the way I did the SD case feed I threw together, except pneumatic vs electric and better looking.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13GSqIq-OyQ

LAKEMASTER CHECK THIS OUT! it has been revised and changed since this video, but you will get the idea!
    I've been thinking about building something just like this.

Maybe I just got a bad one. The Loadmaster I had wouldn't turn that smoothly even when there was no brass running through the machine.
    The longest run without a failure requiring adjustment was 200 rounds. Usually only lasted 40-50 rounds at best.
    I had updated and adjusted everything on the machine. Nothing made it well.
    I could load faster over all on my Classic Cast Turret.
    The Loadmaster went down the road and I do all my loading on my Classic Cast Turret.

Boolit Master
    JMORRIS, Your work and projects have always given inspiration and direction for my own projects!!!

Monnie, As I said earlier the current unit differs a great deal from the video above. I never could get the timing correct between the piston and the shell plate rotation. The current version uses a micro switch and time delay relay to control the pistons movement. It's a little more complicated than the original design but functions very well. I really need to do another video showing how the improvements function!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tazman View Post
    Maybe I just got a bad one. The Loadmaster I had wouldn't turn that smoothly even when there was no brass running through the machine.
    The longest run without a failure requiring adjustment was 200 rounds. Usually only lasted 40-50 rounds at best.
    I had updated and adjusted everything on the machine. Nothing made it well.
    I could load faster over all on my Classic Cast Turret.
    The Loadmaster went down the road and I do all my loading on my Classic Cast Turret.
    Yeah. My brother bought one years ago.(he's a jet airplane mechanic) it didn't him long to simply remove all of the light chain driven stuff and simply use it as a turret press. He did say the on press priming actually worked pretty good.

I always laugh when he's using that press because he looks the guy behind the curtain on The Wizard of Oz. Constantly making adjustments.

Motor

I almost shot mine with my .45 yesterday. **** priming part is giving me fits. I loaded up 600rnds with maybe a 1-2% failure rate. I cleaned everything and re-lubed it. Now it works about as a good as a tit on a bull. Can't get through 20rnds without primer pin getting jammed in the up position...have to take off the shell plate and repeat...5-20 rounds later it does the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jamezius Maximus View Post
    I almost shot mine with my .45 yesterday. **** priming part is giving me fits. I loaded up 600rnds with maybe a 1-2% failure rate. I cleaned everything and re-lubed it. Now it works about as a good as a tit on a bull. Can't get through 20rnds without primer pin getting jammed in the up position...have to take off the shell plate and repeat...5-20 rounds later it does the same thing.
    It’s plastic, once it begins to give you fits, you can deal with your anger or just spend the $9.60 it costs to get a new assembly.

https://www.titanreloading.com/new-l...rough-assembly

I have spent a lot more to get my blood pressure down but none of it has been as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    It’s plastic, once it begins to give you fits, you can deal with your anger or just spend the $9.60 it costs to get a new assembly.

https://www.titanreloading.com/new-l...rough-assembly

I have spent a lot more to get my blood pressure down but none of it has been as effective.
    I have the small and large coming my way. Thanks! I've seen a mod where a guy installed cell phone vibrators on the primer Shute. He says this fixed all his primer feeding issues and can load 150 and one will be a dud. Believe I'm going to look more into that.

https://youtu.be/y3ekMb3C0Wg

And here is a slide show with diagrams etc.
    https://youtu.be/n81X-Nsz_JE

Boolit Master
    JMORRIS AND JAMEZIUS,

FYI Lee now provides replacement parts free of charge you pay shipping and handling only. Call early in the morning or open a Customer Service Ticket on their web site!

I have made several of the shakers for Lee priming trays! THEY WORK GREAT!!!!!! E-Bay is your friend for parts and cases etc!
    Attachment 209505

Quote Originally Posted by 44Vaquero View Post
    JMORRIS AND JAMEZIUS,

FYI Lee now provides replacement parts free of charge you pay shipping and handling only. Call early in the morning or open a Customer Service Ticket on their web site!

I have made several of the shakers for Lee priming trays! THEY WORK GREAT!!!!!! E-Bay is your friend for parts and cases etc!
    Attachment 209505
    That's awesome! Like the compact setup. So you used a lighter body, single throw switch, limit switch, cell vibe-motor, and what size battery?

Boolit Master
    Jamezius Maximus,
    The lighter was pictured for size comparison. The battery case (2 AAA) had the switch in-place. I hot glued the assembly to the primer chute underside and used a wood screw to activate the limit switch on the down stroke of the carrier.

All total I think it cost me under 15 bucks to build 4 or 5 of them!

FYI Lee now provides replacement parts free of charge you pay shipping and handling only.
    That’s good to know, thanks.