Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Acccurate WFN 357 Mold

Boolit Man

Acccurate WFN 357 Mold

Could some one help with choosing a 165 grain Accurate mold. His selection is kind of mind numbing. Is there one that stands out as a good performer ?
    Last edited by Kawriverrat; 12-28-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Yep, email Tom and tell him what you want to shoot it in and what lead alloy you plan to cast. Also tell him the weight range you would like to have. From my experience he will give you his honest recommendation on what will work the best. I have been very please each and every time.

Hope this helps.

Also, you need to know what diameter, I like .360 and it works for me.

Boolit Man
    Yup, 360 will be the diameter. He just offers a lot of variations in one design.... Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Kawriverrat View Post
    Yup, 360 will be the diameter. He just offers a lot of variations in one design.... Jeff
    Jeff, I have emailed him with one bullet in mind and he say's this one will work better ..Each gun is different, so if you plan to use this bullet in multiple guns, let him know that also. The 180 I use in the Henry carbine and Ruger GP will not chamber in the Marlin carbine. Keep that in mind

Best of luck
    Jim

FWIW, this is the first mold I purchased from Tom, as per his recommendation, and in my Rossi it works very well.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...36-165MG-D.png

Boolit Man
    This will be for a model 19 & GP100 both 4" .... Jeff

Boolit Master
    I've used the 36-165M for a year or so. It's an aluminum 4 cavity with 2 being the 165E and 2 being the 165M. I do baby my aluminum molds (all Accurate Molds) but as long as I take care of them, they continue to drop bullets easily and they are round. Both bullets have always been accurate for me.

I requested him to make the 36-176D and it is also a baby doll of a bullet. I run this one with H110 exclusively.

FWIW, the 165's are shot in Ruger Blackhawk's.

Boolit Buddy
    Kaw,
    Keep in mind that you are not limited to only the designs in Tom's catalog. Be sure an email him with all of your info as to what you want. Tell him what you expect from the bullet, hunting, target or what. Another thing is deciding on gas check or plain base design. 35cal Hornady gas checks are going from $27 to $40 a box of 1000. So if you go GC, you are increasing the cost of each bullet by 3 to 4 cents ea. From my experience, it seems like to me that I get better accuracy from a GC bullet over a PB. If you expect 1350fps or less you can go with a plain base design. From my experience with Tom, its best to let him come up with a design for you or at least let him tell you what you need. I recently had him design a .351WSL bullet for me, 35-180CG, (it drops at 174gr with lino) and I couldnt be any more pleased with everything about it and the mold. As a matter of fact, I got it in a 3-cavity mold. I am thinking on getting another one just like it in 5-cavity. /Chris