Titan ReloadingLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: calling all swage die makers

calling all swage die makers

Hey guys, been reloading for years now, I want to try my hand at swaging. I've been able to find everything I need to start up except the dies to actually form the bullets. I'm working with a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme reloading press, which I've been told will be able to handle the pressures for small calibers without a problem. I'm just looking for core swage, core seat, and point form dies to be able to make some 9mm Luger bullets for now, to see if its something i want to start spending thousands on for the bigger setups and whatnots. Any helpful information will be met with great appreciation.

Boolit Master

Dies that do the process you want are not high volume items. That makes them expensive.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingedwheel85 View Post
    Hey guys, been reloading for years now, I want to try my hand at swaging. I've been able to find everything I need to start up except the dies to actually form the bullets. I'm working with a RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme reloading press, which I've been told will be able to handle the pressures for small calibers without a problem. I'm just looking for core swage, core seat, and point form dies to be able to make some 9mm Luger bullets for now, to see if its something i want to start spending thousands on for the bigger setups and whatnots. Any helpful information will be met with great appreciation.
    Your best bet is going to be BT_SNIPER he specialize in dies for reloading presses. Dave Corbin also does reloading press dies. Either will provide years of good service and many bullets. I have dies from both and both make great bullets. One thing to rember is swaging is not to save you a ton of money but the enjoyment of being able to produce many different bullets, by weight, HP, FP. Granted you can do alot to keep cost down like using old brass for jackets. But it is hard to compete with companies that produce tons of bullets an hour.

Thank you for that info. I’ve seen BTSnipers name in a few other forums, I’ll have to look into his work a little more. Corbins site is the only one I’ve been able to find the dies I’m looking for so far. C&H4D used to make the dies for about $150, but stopped a few years ago. I’m not looking to save a whole bunch of money, I’m looking to improve accuracy and I like building and making things. I like the feeling of accomplishment I get from making something from nothing.

If it does not work out with BT you should call CH and talk to Dave... he just may have an extra set laying around... but only he would be able to answer that question.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

At CH Denny and Beth are extremely nice but Dave is the one to ask.
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

I received replies on my emails from Beth. She’s he one that told me they don’t make he 9mm dies anymore but they’re able to make them if I’m willing to hang out on the wait list. I’ll give em a call tomorrow and see if I can talk to Dave, I might get lucky. Haha. Thanks for that.

Banned

it's easy enough to send BT Sniper a PM.
    either find one of his posts here and click on his avatar name, or visit the Vendors page and find him there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingedwheel85 View Post
    Thank you for that info. I’ve seen BTSnipers name in a few other forums, I’ll have to look into his work a little more. Corbins site is the only one I’ve been able to find the dies I’m looking for so far. C&H4D used to make the dies for about $150, but stopped a few years ago. I’m not looking to save a whole bunch of money, I’m looking to improve accuracy and I like building and making things. I like the feeling of accomplishment I get from making something from nothing.
    If you want the most accurate ammo at home, you would want to go with a set that will make jackets from copper strip. This is expensive. That said, I have a BT Simple set for 22 to 223 and though it's entry level, I firstly couldnt be happier with the dies and service, but secondly, couldnt be happier with the targets I've been putting together. People have already said it, it's not about saving money, it's about enjoyment and options. Go for it, I think you will really enjoy doing this.

Boolit Buddy
    CH4D has 38 special dies, I just bought some for about $260. The bullets I made from .380 brass came out at .356 so you could shoot those as is or size them to .355 if you wanted. Even if your set came out at .357 you could size those also for 9mm. I used a Lee bullet sizer punch to seat the cores, I did not use the seating/bleeder punch from CH4D.