Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Tucson gun show

Cast Hunter

Tucson gun show

I'll be in the Phoenix area for a couple weeks and I see there is a gun show in Tucson at the Expo 16-17 Dec. For those of you that live in the area, is this worth the 2 hour drive to go to? Is it very big?
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    Kind of depends on what you want out of a Gun Show. People who go looking for one specific thing at one (low) price would probably be disappointed. It’s not as big as, say, the one at the Phoenix Fair Grounds. More medium sized; slightly smaller than the one at the Tucson Fair Grounds, but with a somewhat lower proportion of stuff that would be selling new at a gun store to older stuff brought in by owners, so to me it’s better. I’ve found some pretty interesting things there, and would definitely drive 2 hours each way to go to it. But of course, I drive to every one within a day’s driving range of me anyway.

The “Preppers” have more of a tendency to show up at this show than at others, so sometimes there are interesting reloading things available. No guarantees, of course.

Boolit Master

I haven't had much luck at recent gun shows, finding things I couldn't live without. I will probably attend, but it's iffy if I will find anything to tickle my fancy...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Cast Hunter

Thanks for the info. I'll try to make the trip down.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Buddy
    I'm more of a pieces and parts type buyer and I've always preferred these shows over the ones at the fairgrounds, for one they don't charge for parking and you can also find $2 off coupons online which means less to go in and more to spend at the show, I went to the SAR show in PHX and had spent close to $50 by the time I walked in.
    Go for it, I think you'll enjoy it even considering the drive.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...