RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody else "lose time"?

Short lapses that are totally blank can be a sign of mini strokes or carotid artery becoming blocked. If blocked on one side the body will attempt to route blood from the other side across the brain, pretty amazing. Total blank is something to see a doctor about.

Not recalling where the car keys are is "normal" having the car keys and not recalling what they are or what they are for is not normal and warrants a trip to the doctor.

If you were busy doing other things the days sort of blurring together is normal. Who else recalls as a kid discovering that summer break from school was almost over in mid August with no recollection of where summer went? Or all the activities on a 10 day trip but no idea of what happened on which day. Or even part way through the trip trying to recall what day you were at a particular place? Suddenly realizing as you put the timeline together that it was a week ago you were at that diner.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

Just another opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it. We are inundated with so much more information today and in the workplace most are expected to do much more than in the past. There's only so much space in the front of the brain for what's going on right now. Everything else has to find a spot progressively deeper in the back of the mind. When I get deeply involved in something interesting I find that I lose track of time but I don't forget what I was doing; I just lose the feel for the passage of time. I'll get out in the reloading room or gunsmithing shop and my mind says I've been working for a hour or hour and a half. The clock says three and a half hours. I love getting that immersed in something interesting.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

You "make" time for things that are important to you.

Boolit Grand Master

The day my Dad retired, he took off his watch and placed it in a drawer. Later I ask him what day it was and he answered, "What does it matter''?
    Life is like that. Age changes perspective. Time is only important if you are reacting to someone else's schedule.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Lose time??!!! Heck, seems like I lose everything! Can't find my tools, my keys, or anything I have laid down in the last day, much less longer. Periodically I have to do a complete cleanup of the shop and reloading areas and put everything back were it belongs. Seems like Christmas with all the stuff that appears out of nowhere. Believe me, it only gets worse with age!!

Boolit Master

My excuse is that my memory got shot off in the wart - that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! Went to my allergy clinic last week, and they pointed out that it had been 2 MONTHS since I got my last shots - I could have sworn it was only 2-3 weeks! Gettin' old sucks, but beats the alternative!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master
    Getting old ain't for Sissies............................

Moderator Emeritus

I am in here every day as a mod so that I remember... day of the week is optional LOL being retired and having no set schedule I lose track of days. Not to bad with losing stuff but I occasionally set something down and poof can't find it only to find it right in front of me instead of everywhere I had been looking... did that today beer brewing. Knew I had a sample tube out in the garage but where... I took it out there... oh I put it away in the brew stand where it belongs LOL

80% brew house efficiency today, that is the conversion of barley to sugar, right on my normal so I did something right!

Boolit Master
    So, umm, you already know how you loose things yourself, so you have a particular item you 'don't want to loose' and therefore you 'put it away so you don't loose it'...........and that's the end of it, you never see it again !!!!!!!

Boolit Master

Was Mid-Michigan, 2 Orlando, 2 Jacksonville, Fl.
    I lost my left frontal lobe in a hit and run motorcycle accident back in ‘85 on the way to propose to wifey. I was 19. Since then I have done a total 180 personality wise and am working my way back. My brain has mostly rewired, but I don’t have a good grasp of time since. Example- doctors ask how long since.....? Blank looks to the wife. If it’s over a month, dunno! The VA shrink once said to me, “I don’t get it Scott. Of all the patients I have with frontal lobe damage, you have more than all the rest put together, and of the lot of them you are the only one functioning!” Just smile and say, Jesus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Time passes differently in Deep East Texas.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Time passes differently in Deep East Texas.
    Still 1967 there? If so I want move there.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Master
    Maybe 1970...
    USMC 6638

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oldblinddog View Post
    Maybe 1970...
    Close enough!
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    It happens to all of us at one time or another . . . just part of getting old I guess.

As far as the writing you are doing . . . . look at it this way . . . . if it happens while you're writing nd you happen to skip a chapter . . . it will probably be a best seller "mystery"!

Boolit Master

Yes Sir 68 won't never come back either....
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

do you take any meds for ressless legs / some of them are bad about making you forget things
    Last edited by wgr; 12-11-2017 at 07:53 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    The day my Dad retired, he took off his watch and placed it in a drawer. Later I ask him what day it was and he answered, "What does it matter''?
    I haven't worn a watch since I was 16 years old, and since I've been retired I've adopted the attitude of, "Eat when you're hungry and sleep when you're tired" lifestyle.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

When I retired at the end of 2014, I started keeping a daily journal of what I was doing, where I went, tasks done, etc.

When I was working, I knew exactly how many minutes to quitting time was, and the amount of time until Friday quitting time was. Everything in my life was structured by those numbers it seemed. One minute at the workplace, seemed to pass so slowly, at about the rate of an hour during my free time. All I thought about for over 30 years was that blessed time when I would be free. Retirement was on my mind so much. I'll never forget it. I used to say Monday through Friday took 5 million years, and Saturday and Sunday went by in two seconds.

Anyway, now without that structure, I get lost in projects...long dreamed about...of just having the time to do them. Those days are here now. Retirement is bliss. I have seen many who never developed outside interests, bored to tears...longing for the structure of the workplace again. My trouble now, is still not enough time to do all the things I want to do... but it is OK. Busier than ever really. So many things to learn, to experience, to get involved with. I can now say that those who said I would be bored to tears in retirement, well they were not too sharp or insightful, as I'm having a blast.

The journal lets me go back, and examine what I did and when I did it. It has been one of the best things I started after leaving the workplace. I often go back to it, and see what I did last year, or even the earlier part of this year. A "ships log" of the happiest time I have ever known.
    100,000 BC: stone tools. 4,000 BC: the wheel. 900 AD: gunpowder — bit of a game changer, that one

Peter Weyland, 2023

Nothing to worry about, because for once, I have the proper tool at hand. Looking for a little heat?.......Any questions?

Burt Gummer, Tremors 3

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    not so much time but I often forget which day of the week it is
    That means that you are probably retired.

I used to do that when I worked 7 days a week for months on end.

Ahhh, the signs of getting older. I'm pushing 65 and I forget many unimportant things. Every day when I get in from work one of the first questions my wife will ask me is what I had for lunch? Many times I have to think about it for a while before I can remember then I can't remember what the name of meatloaf is.
    Go to the store for three items, forget what two of them are and buy other stuff. I could go on but I can't remember what I was going to say.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast