Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Christmas Present for a Want-To-Be reloader?

Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    I looked at the videos presented above and think this is exactly what he is doing....It has to be on the Internet or it isn't true anymore.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5nKgho2Ue8 ...< The Overloaded Shotgun... ... Well, this is on the internet, perhaps you can show him this and he'll believe it...might save his foolish little life !
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

That guy in the video is headed for trouble and he deserves it.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

Boolit Master
    Charlie,
    I just have to turn dipwad stuff like that video off. Can't watch it. Wastes my time & time is short.

You are likely right about someone wanting to try this stuff out in this case. DonMountain basically said the kid was "testing".

For the sake of any involved, I hope that it stops/gets stopped. There is already enough "Darwin Award" BS that goes on.

I am gonna unsubscribe from this topic. Unless I receive a reply directed at me, I am not going to post here again.

This is ridiculous in my mind. As a grandpa( Pappy) myself, if I were to find out that any one of my grandkids were pulling this BS off, there would be some hell to pay.

YMMV.

I am done here.

G'Luck!
    I wish ya the best!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    There is already enough "Darwin Award" BS that goes on.
    I do believe Darwin predicted the outcome of this situation.
    Thanks everybody for all of your help in this matter.
    Don

Boolit Master

Don,

anything to report since Christmas has come and gone?
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Laich View Post
    Don,

anything to report since Christmas has come and gone?
    Yes! We gave the boy a Lyman 50th Edition Reloading Manual and he left his computer in the TV room and sat up in his bedroom and read the whole thing. And a couple of weeks ago some friends that I shoot with came over for supper and we all went out on a beautiful day and did some trap shooting and firing a 9mm handgun. The boy stayed off to the side when we started with the handgun and just watched, not saying anything. Until I called him over and told him it was his turn to shoot. And it appeared like he enjoyed himself. Then we went out to trapshoot and he ran into the house and brought out his cheap pump action shotgun that he was shooting the experimental shells off with. And we all took turns shooting for a couple of hours. He shoots trap very well and was on the highschool trap team for 2 or 3 years. And he recognized all the shells we were using were ones he had picked up for me at "his" trap club years ago and I had reloaded on my antique Pacific Shot Shell Reloader. And he talked freely about shooting and all. And now all of this "experimental" shotgun shell stuff is gone off his library table in his room. And he even came out and cleaned up all the trash he had been throwing at our shooting range. So, he must be having a change of heart, or he read some important information in that reloading manual we gave him. Or he appreciated the two, hand made reloading blocks I gave him. So, should I start lending him some of my reloading tools? Like that "extra" antique Pacific powder scale I just bought on eBay? Some extra reloading dies I don't have guns for anymore?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMountain View Post
    Yes! We gave the boy a Lyman 50th Edition Reloading Manual and he left his computer in the TV room and sat up in his bedroom and read the whole thing. And a couple of weeks ago some friends that I shoot with came over for supper and we all went out on a beautiful day and did some trap shooting and firing a 9mm handgun. The boy stayed off to the side when we started with the handgun and just watched, not saying anything. Until I called him over and told him it was his turn to shoot. And it appeared like he enjoyed himself. Then we went out to trapshoot and he ran into the house and brought out his cheap pump action shotgun that he was shooting the experimental shells off with. And we all took turns shooting for a couple of hours. He shoots trap very well and was on the highschool trap team for 2 or 3 years. And he recognized all the shells we were using were ones he had picked up for me at "his" trap club years ago and I had reloaded on my antique Pacific Shot Shell Reloader. And he talked freely about shooting and all. And now all of this "experimental" shotgun shell stuff is gone off his library table in his room. And he even came out and cleaned up all the trash he had been throwing at our shooting range. So, he must be having a change of heart, or he read some important information in that reloading manual we gave him. Or he appreciated the two, hand made reloading blocks I gave him. So, should I start lending him some of my reloading tools? Like that "extra" antique Pacific powder scale I just bought on eBay? Some extra reloading dies I don't have guns for anymore?
    Wow, that is shockingly great news! Congrats for whatever you’ve done to get him back on track.

Boolit Grand Master

Thats really Great news! It sounded like you were going to have a challenge there at the beginning. It looks like the exposure to your friends was good for the boy. I would still probably ease into this slowly and take my cues from the boys behavior and actions. Its good on you for doing this, it can't be easy.

Boolit Master

I've seen similar things happen to young folks

we had a goodly number of high school students in our VFD. If we had a major fire we could get them out of class

most if not all stepped up when given responsibilities and treated as equals as they now had a meaningful purpose in life

I know this isn't an exact example of what you went through but something similar could have taken place
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Grand Master

I wouldn't give him anything at this point he won't immediately use. We have a tendency to hoard, and I'd want to not start that at this point!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234