Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 st snow of the year.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Yesterday about lunch time the gentle rain turned to snow. Not by any means a major storm but a beautiful blanket covering all the less than perfection in nature. It continued off and on overnight and is expected to continue till noon today, with only a few inches accumulation. The roads are clear so our regular breakfast was enjoyed at the local restraunt. Pushing a wheel chair in snow isn't my idea of fun, but not a problem this morning.
    I know snow isn't news to many, but this is our earliest snow in quite a few years and we often have Winters totally void of the white wonder.
    This is a heavy wet snow so it won't be around long, and that is my favorite kind. I hate shoveling the walks and drive.
    didn't get any over here north of Raleigh. Spitted snow all day but no accumulation at all except in the roof valleys.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Hello KenH. I'm in northern Cullman county were we had about 10 flakes of snow, but just a couple miles south of me the ground & roofs were white. My nephew lives north of Atlanta where he measured a bit over 8" of the white stuff. I'm now retired, but when I was working I would have to drive in the snow or ice. Then I hated it with a passion, but now I don't care if we should get a foot or more.
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Look! We got some last month!
    Attachment 209537
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    About 5 1/2 inches here this morning, enough to fire up the snowblower................
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

Banned

Been snowing about 3 days straight here. Not really blizzard conditions as theres not much wind but the snow is adding up. Great thing is that my neighbor has a tractor with a blower and does my driveways for free and just recovering from back surgery my wife does the porch and walk way shoveling so I can just watch it snow out the window and there isn't a poisonous snake, spider, scorpion or even a fly or skeeter anywhere. Now grass to mow or garden to weed and lots of time to cast and load for the summer. Son in law just yesterday dropped off a pickup and trailer load of cut and split firewood and theres hot coffee in the kitchen so all is good. Sorry southerners but Chirstmas isn't suppose to be green!! Have to admit though that these days buy about the middle of February I'm tired of the snow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12