RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 st snow of the year.

Boolit Grand Master

1 st snow of the year.

Yesterday about lunch time the gentle rain turned to snow. Not by any means a major storm but a beautiful blanket covering all the less than perfection in nature. It continued off and on overnight and is expected to continue till noon today, with only a few inches accumulation. The roads are clear so our regular breakfast was enjoyed at the local restraunt. Pushing a wheel chair in snow isn't my idea of fun, but not a problem this morning.
    I know snow isn't news to many, but this is our earliest snow in quite a few years and we often have Winters totally void of the white wonder.
    This is a heavy wet snow so it won't be around long, and that is my favorite kind. I hate shoveling the walks and drive.
    Last edited by mold maker; 12-09-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I'm not a fan of snow - I'm in Fairhope, AL (across bay from Mobile) where it's warm, we grow oranges, etc. It's not supposed to get cold here...... BUT - we had a snow last night. Total surprise when we got up this morning - about an inch. I should have made snow cream, but didn't have the makings here. Oh well, many nice memories of childhood when we'd get snow in north Alabama - finally get some ice cream (snow cream).

Anybody else make snow cream these days?

Ken H>

Boolit Master
    Mold Maker, how much snow did you get ? In northern Alexander Co. we have 6-7 inches. It is the stickiest snow I have ever seen, all the trees are loaded and the power lines look as big as your wrist. The gravel road I live on looks passable, I guess because the ground was not that cold. It might be another story tomorrow with everything freezing tonight. If you have to get out take care.

Dave

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    It stopped snowing a while but they say we are still going to get more this afternoon. Had to go out in it last night to round up my dogs who got to playing in it and would not come back in. Went sailing off stairs from deck only thing hurt was my pride. Once I hit the ground all three came to check on me. At least I know how to get them to come now.

Boolit Grand Master

We got a few inches this morning. We did some shopping this morning ( needed some wood and groceries). Later on I may take the trac chair out and play in it with the grandsons. LOL. With it as my out door chair I have yet to find anything to slow it down or stall it.

Boolit Grand Master
    woke up this morning to snow in the deer wood here as well
    to bad some blastful winds to boot
    oh well sure makes things look nice
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

It's snowing now with ~1" on the ground thus far. It just began ~10:15AM when I went for a bike ride, but not enough to deter me or make the roads slippery.

Boolit Master

I read your entries and panic set in, I had to run to the window and check, wheeooo, no snow! Yet. I better get the snow blower out of the shed. Good grief I just finished up getting all the leave gather up and send off last Wednesday. Come on Guys don't rush the season.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Grand Master

It was so nice to wake up to it in NW GA. Love a little bit of snow every now and then.'

It has been snowing all day here, finally stopped about 2 hours ago. got about 5 or 6 inches. will move it tomorrow. Will be able to test out the cab I built for my Kubota BX25D with three point hitch mounted snowblower.
    Paul G

I am Retired, I was tired yesterday and I am tired today!!!

Boolit Master
    We got some about 0800 or so on the 9th. In our part of the city it was at first snow mixed with rain, then about ten minutes of flurries. It didn't take long for the sky to turn blue. Now it's below freezing and expected to get into the high 20's......it ain't normal Alabama weather, at least for here!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    All the moisture past us by, so we are just cold and dry!

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Suprised wake up. Mobile, Al. Across bay from Fairhope, Al.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171209_064014.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	209222

Boolit Grand Master

The wet heavy snow finally topped out at 2+ inches and is leaving fast. Under the evergreens where it was thin, it's gone. The roads never got to be a problem locally, but caused several major wrecks not too far to the North. It is nice to see it fall and a pretty picture for your memory, but this is my kind of snow. Pretty falling and gone without a shovel.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    I like la ninja winters here on the front range. It snows in the mountains and leaves us alone down here. I can drive 30 min. If I really need to play in the snow. El Nino winters you think that the first flake to fall is the last to melt in the spring.

Boolit Master
    Hi....
    Got about 5" here in South Central PA.
    Pushed it off the driveway with a shovel....same with the sidewalk and deck.
    Roads cleared up pretty quickly when the sun came up this morning.
    Cold and mostly clear here today...more snow possible Tuesday.
    I can do without it personally.

Boolit Grand Master

Smile

What is snow??????

Banned

about 8" on the ground now. Blizzard warnings for today and below zero wind chills and 10 more inches today. Snow should be gone by march or April. That said we don't have weeks of 90 plus high humidity days. hurricanes, floods, tornados, poisonous snakes and spiders. Just some snow to enjoy skiing or snowmobiling in the winter and probably the nicest summer weather anywhere.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 12-12-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    What is snow??????

Boolit Grand Master
    That is funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast