Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: RCBS Powder Lock Out Die issue

RCBS Powder Lock Out Die issue

I've been running an RCBS Powder Lock Out Die on my Dillon 550-B press for about the last 15 years with no problems loading 38 / 357, 44 Special /44 magnum, 45 ACP. 45 Colt, .380 Auto. Recently I started loading 9 mm cartridges and the die will not adjust to a starting point with a powder charge above 2.7 grains of Unique. The starting load for the commonly used 9 mm 124 grain cast bullet is 3.8 grains and the die WILL NOT ADUUST to that load or any load greater than 2.7 grains of Unique. The rod is simply too long to adjust down to that level.

The die is clean and well lubed. It is working fine with all other loads in various cartridges. But it will not work on my 3.8 grain 9 mm load of Unique. Have any of you experienced a similar issue with the RCBS Lock Out die, and if so, what did you do to resolve it?
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

OKAY. About what I thought. 65 views and no comment.
    The America I love was when the engine was a V-8, the exhausts were dual, the shift was four on the floor, the white walls were wide, the chrome was thick, the women were straight, and there was no such thing as the as the EPA.

Sorry I have one but I've never used it. did you call RCBS 800 533 5000 They always help me when I call