Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox

Thread: Working on loads with the Remington #4 Rolling Block

Boolit Master

Working on loads with the Remington #4-Another trip to the rangeRolling Block

I have been tinkering with the Remington Rolling Block #4 in .32 rimfire using the Dixie Gun Works cases. I loaded up three more rounds, filed down a flat spot on three .310" round balls and weighed them all out at 42 grains. The loads were also measure a bit more.

I went back to the range and tried them out, the first round didn't get good ignition, you could tell from the sound it wasn't as good as it should be, ended up to the left and low of the target. The next two went off without a hitch and pulled a decent group. I am going to try to get to the range tomorrow to try it again with three more and some more powder and lead balls to reload it again.

I found some .315" heeled bullets that will work for this round and hope to get them here pretty soon, my goal is to take this gun out squirrel hunting at least once.

This was at 25 yards.

This was the last outing at 25 yards.

I took the Remington out again today. Same thing, three .310" roundballs filed down on one side to seal it against the powder and then weighed out so that all three roundballs are at the 42 grain mark. The cases are primed with the .22 cases and then the blackpowder charges are weighed out, about 8 grains of FFG for these cases after the powder is in, the roundball is seated and then they're ready to go.

I think next week I am going to take this gun squirrel hunting.

Last edited by David LaPell; 12-07-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Boolit Grand Master

Are you familiar with Bernie at Old West Bullet Molds. He is the go to guy for heeled boolit molds and modified Lee crimp dies to crimp the heeled boolit.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!