Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data

Thread: What is it?

Boolit Bub

What is it?

Hi, still relatively new to reloading.. Been at it about a year or so. Picked up some molds today and various reloading tools on Letgo and wasn't sure what these are? Probably a dumb question sorry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image3.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	209024

They are marked with caliber 30C, 35C, 41C, 44C, 45C nothing else

Thanks for any info.

Also there were some hand sizing tools. They gentleman said you literally tap with a hammer. Is that right? or do these go to some sort of press? They are marked with size only no brand

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	209025

Thank You in advance for any advice!!

Lee cake/lube cutter I believe. For living cast bullets.

I am newish to reloading, also. I have two of the little black things and I have no idea what they are. As a kake cutter what is the little black thing for? To get the bullet out of the cutter? Does it have a size on it? Does it have a name like Cake Cutter Mandrel?

Boolit Master
    Skunk1 is correct Lee cake cutter. That's how I got started loading cast 38 spcl in the 70's, still have them. You tap the bullets through the sizer , stand the bullets in the little pan that came with the kit and pour melted lube around the bullet. The cake cutter is used to cut the bullets out of the lube.

The little black thing is used to drive the bullet through the sizer, those two are in the bottom picture. You just keep cutting with the cutter and the bullets come out the top, it's the top picture.

It was cheep way for a young guy with a growing family to make ammo. it was a little slow but worked well.

Dave
    Last edited by beemer; 12-06-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

The lower picture is an inline loading die. This die was used with a mallet or small ahrbor type press. The body sized the case and also seated the bullets. the other piece was a bullet seater stem. Years ago these were very popular for loading and benchresters swore by them. They used a small press or converted bottle capper. These were are made by Lee, Wilson, And some custom makers. It was popular to have one made with the same reamer as the rifle you had built. There was a small cup that set under it also.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the help!!.. I knew someone here would know right away