RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Wideners

Thread: Any interest in a .32 round-flat GB?

Boolit Master

Any interest in a .32 round-flat GB?

How many would like one?

Maybe 45 2.1 will post something to look at? Something about like the RCBS 115 grainer, I think.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Something to look at. A virtual copy of the Willbird GB except with no crimp groove and it has more lube capacity.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 314-120-RF.JPG  
    Last edited by 45 2.1; 08-20-2008 at 06:34 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    I asked the same question back in April . 45 2.1 drew up 2 of them, one with reg grooves and one micro grooves at about 90-100 gr. I want a R-f so it would feed in a Marlin lever in 32 mag or a ruger revolver. Needs to be .314. If you do one ,sign me up. You can see the drawings by searching archives for .314 cowboy.

Boolit Master

I tried to get one going with Big Lube(tm) grooves for us BP shooters, only got 2 other takers. Make the grooves a decent size and I am in for 2.

Boolit Master

I am in for 1

john
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

Boolit Grand Master

Why no crimp groove? In revolver and lever action it's needed unless we are shooting BP, and then needed in the revolver. Taper crimp?
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    I've posted on other threads reguarding in GB for a RF .32 dropping a .314 dia., I'm also looking for a design that would feed good in marlin levers in .32 H&R Mag and 32-20. Personally I would like to see a crimp groove. If we can adjust the deisgn you could put me down for one.

Boolit Master

Sure is hard to keep the weight down on a .32 bullet around here. We already did this bullet, got one myself, or at least real close. Doesn't anybody want a lighter pistol bullet?

Banned

didnt they allready do a 115 a while back that everyone really liked. Thats the one id like to try.

That original Wilbird bullet that 45-2.1 designed sure is something. Phenomenally accurate in my 32-20 rifles. Leaves all the classic 32-20 moulds(Lyman 311008, 311316) in the dust. I would love to get two more of these moulds. I am afraid I will wear out or God forbid damage mine before we run it again. I would be reluctant to say increase the lube capacity or remove the crimp groove for fear of changing what ever magic is going on here. To my mind it is the most perfect cast bullet design I have yet used. If ever one of our Group Buy designs should go big-time and be produced by one of the major iron mould makers(Lyman, RCBS or SAECO) this is the one.

Banned

sign me up for that one. I love majic bullets.
    Quote Originally Posted by BustemAgain View Post
    That original Wilbird bullet that 45-2.1 designed sure is something. Phenomenally accurate in my 32-20 rifles. Leaves all the classic 32-20 moulds(Lyman 311008, 311316) in the dust. I would love to get two more of these moulds. I am afraid I will wear out or God forbid damage mine before we run it again. I would be reluctant to say increase the lube capacity or remove the crimp groove for fear of changing what ever magic is going on here. To my mind it is the most perfect cast bullet design I have yet used. If ever one of our Group Buy designs should go big-time and be produced by one of the major iron mould makers(Lyman, RCBS or SAECO) this is the one.

Me likey the original 314-120 RF. I did find the crimp groove to be somewhat small.

The majic parts are still the same. Lee didn't cut the crimp groove on the original GB to specification, not that it made any difference in the way it shot. I've shot the original Lyman boolit this was copied from for a very long time and recently found another identical mold to hollow point. This GB boolit has all the necessary attributes as the first GB did.

Quote Originally Posted by 45 2.1 View Post
    The majic parts are still the same. Lee didn't cut the crimp groove on the original GB to specification, not that it made any difference in the way it shot. I've shot the original Lyman boolit this was copied from for a very long time and recently found another identical mold to hollow point. This GB boolit has all the necessary attributes as the first GB did.
    OK, I'll bite. What Lyman mould is this a copy of? Its a Hell of lot better than 311008 or its hollow-point 31133. At least that has been my experience in my rifles. Is it a heavier version of 313493 or a larger dimensioned 311316 with a plain base? Inquiring minds must know.

OK, I'll bite. What Lyman mould is this a copy of? Its a Hell of lot better than 311008 or its hollow-point 31133. Inquiring minds must know.
    Lyman has modified a lot of original mold designs, this one included. They changed the nose to a slimmer profile a long time ago. My molds have Ideal on the sides and are numbered 3118.

Boolit Master
    I like the crimp groove too. I shore want that "magic" mould for the .32H&R .32-20. Ruger revolvers & Marlin levers.More lube is a good idea too..

Banned

I say leave it alone. If it shot well i wouldnt be changing a thing. You sure dont need a real deep crimp grove on a 32 bullet anyway

Boolit Buddy
    I would like one of these also. Never participated in a group buy. Can somebody tell me how to get in on this? Thank you.
    Lost in Penn's Woods.

Boolit Master

tom,

This thread was just to gauge interest. It looks like there's probably enough people interested. So probably this coming weekend I will post up another thread for the GB itself.

The best advise I can give you is read the my post. Then if you still have questions, right click on my name and PM me. I'm happy to help and I don't mind answering questions.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    I was lucky enough to get one of the original ones second hand and it is one fine shooting boolit. I say leave it as it was.