Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dogs ....a blessing .

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Dogs ....a blessing .

I went to a nursing home today . I sat at a chair outside the door before I went in . A lady in a wheelchair came by with a little dog with a sweater on . I knew that dog . I asked ... is that Janice's dog ? She said yes !
    Janice died last year , this little dog was her life . Cute little dog , raised in a rest home . Janice died about a year ago , I was glad that little dog was still serving . Her name was Little Bit when she belonged to Janice . This is a happy story , GOD's comfort given by a small dog .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Dogs serve a great purpose for those sick or infermed. Service dogs that visit the hospitals and nursing homes are a blessing.
    God Bless
    Stay Safe

Charles Steen

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I like cats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I like cats.
    Me too, much better companions than many think.

However, I love dogs too. I'm real glad that little one found another person to love. Shelters often have older dogs whose owners passed and no one wanted them, always breaks my heart to see it, glad this one is happy.

Thanksgiving day my wife and I stopped in at the nursing home Casey and I visit.

We got mobbed. " We saw your letter, we were so sad we were not going to see you till spring, and then here you are!"

Few tears, lots of love, lots of hugs by my Casey boy. Who is wearing a red and black shirt that says "Free Hugs".

We'll be back. Been tough since then, wife and I have both been down with the CRUD.

Attachment 208977Attachment 208976

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    We had my mother-in-law in assisted living for a little over three years. She was mobile and mentally as sharp as a tack. Sadly, she died a year and a half ago at the age of 94. Every Sunday, we brought our two little dogs wit us - a 10 pound poodle and a 20 pound poodle-lichen mix - both very good and gentle dogs. She looked forward to seeing the as she love d them so much when she lived with us. The trip with the was never complete until we made the "rounds" so those that loved dogs could see them. A smile would spread across their faces when they saw us coming and they got such great joy out of petting them - and then telling us about the dogs they once had and how much they loved them. We would take then over on the Alzheimer unit and many of them got the same joy and comfort by petting and talking to them. We often stopped in during the week if we were nearby. Others brought their dogs in as well and the staff encouraged it as it brought such great joy to the residents. There's a reason that dog spelled backwards is God.

So many who live in nursing homes, assisted living, etc. have no family that comes to visit them on a regular basis, some have no family at all. I urge everyone to give up a few hours once n a while and make a visit to one of the facilities near them - introduce yourself and ask the staff if there is someone who could use a visit for a few minutes. It won't take ling and you'll establish a friendhship with them and you'll find yourself wanting to visit ore often. These are good people who often get lonely and just crave some contact with someone and a few minutes of conversation. They need to know that someone cares and give them a word of encouragement - you'll find that what you give will be returned to you in many ways.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bedbugbilly View Post
    We had my mother-in-law in assisted living for a little over three years. She was mobile and mentally as sharp as a tack. Sadly, she died a year and a half ago at the age of 94. Every Sunday, we brought our two little dogs wit us - a 10 pound poodle and a 20 pound poodle-lichen mix - both very good and gentle dogs. She looked forward to seeing the as she love d them so much when she lived with us. The trip with the was never complete until we made the "rounds" so those that loved dogs could see them. A smile would spread across their faces when they saw us coming and they got such great joy out of petting them - and then telling us about the dogs they once had and how much they loved them. We would take then over on the Alzheimer unit and many of them got the same joy and comfort by petting and talking to them. We often stopped in during the week if we were nearby. Others brought their dogs in as well and the staff encouraged it as it brought such great joy to the residents. There's a reason that dog spelled backwards is God.

So many who live in nursing homes, assisted living, etc. have no family that comes to visit them on a regular basis, some have no family at all. I urge everyone to give up a few hours once n a while and make a visit to one of the facilities near them - introduce yourself and ask the staff if there is someone who could use a visit for a few minutes. It won't take ling and you'll establish a friendhship with them and you'll find yourself wanting to visit ore often. These are good people who often get lonely and just crave some contact with someone and a few minutes of conversation. They need to know that someone cares and give them a word of encouragement - you'll find that what you give will be returned to you in many ways.
    Thank you for posting bedbugbilly ! There is a great need in the rest homes for volunteers .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

dog = GOD spelled in reverse......glad she is still taking care of her human friends.....thanks for sharing Charlie.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Years ago when I had to have my mom in a nursing home. I use to bring my 2 coydogs at the time with me and after i was about to go I use to bring my 2 boys in part of the lobby for my mom to see them and also some of the others that lived there like seeing them also .My mom and the other always look forward to see them.The thing was that my mom was the only one that know what my 2 boys was.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

Our current Grey is a huge comfort to my wife after chemo messed her up 5 years ago. He knows how to be there for her. He is such a well behaved, laid back Grey he is allowed in our local pharmacy. Owner said, he's never broken anything, yelled, screamed , thrown a fit or thrown something from a rack. Dogs have a purpose.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master
    I believe it was Mark Twain who said that if dogs were not allowed in Heaven he would not want to go there.
    Don Verna

Banned

there was a big argument in another fourm about whether God lets animals into heaven when they die. My reponse was that if mine weren't there its not heaven. One thing that would keep me from fearing death in the last moments of life would be that I will be able to see those dogs again and we all would spend eternity together. It would mean as much to me as seeing family again because that's just what they are! I had a very special attachment to my last one. Hes the pup in my avatar. His name was elmer after elmer keith and that dog was more like God intended humans to be then most humans are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I believe it was Mark Twain who said that if dogs were not allowed in Heaven he would not want to go there.

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TimberGarden.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	209035

Timber has done some emotional support for some of the seniors at a local hospital.

There may be one or two things Lloyd and I disagree on, but we couldn't be closer on our dogs.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

"that dog was more like God intended humans to be then most humans are. "

Amen and Amen!

I'm with Smokey, we may not see eye to eye on every subject Lloyd. But on this subject we do.

If my old Blue girl is not waiting for me I ain't goin either.

Boolit Grand Master
    Lloyd, my dad used to say you can tell a lot about the man by how his dog behaves.

There has not been a dog in the house for six years. Maybe it is time.....
    Don Verna

Dogs ....a blessing

Indeed, they are. I live alone, have for any years, my little dog took ill and I had to put her down about ten days ago. It sucked, still does, she was my constant companion for just about twelve years. By watching her I learned a great deal about patience, and gained some insight into myself and my relationship with the Father. All she cared about mostly, was pleasing me, and doing what she thought I wanted her to, much the way I feel towards God. I observed that she would get so intent upon doing a simple thing, such as finding a ball, that she would ignore my hand signals and for the most part my spoken word unless I raised my voice.

I sometimes see myself ramming around trying to please God, so intent on my "mission" that I miss His subtle signs, consequently it often takes me longer to reach my goal, and often, He just has to stop me and reset my thinking. Perhaps that makes sense to some of you perhaps not, regardless, that was one of the major blessing Lacey brought into my life. That, and she loved me no matter what, made me a gentler and kinder man.

Claude

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    Amen !!! Could not imagine not having my three little guy's. Had 2 then grand daughter moved in with us now we have 3. It only took about a month before food vet bills and having to take care of him and the shine wore off. But he is a welcome addition to the family. Dogs are one of the best things in life.

Moderator Emeritus

My lab Misty always knew when I needed cheering and pretty soon her head would be on my knee and her tail thumping the floor. Impossible to resist that and she would get petted and my stress level would drop. Now I have cats and Oliver is learning my moods like Tigger knew them. He is hanging out on the back of my chair as I type with his head on my shoulder and his purr is massaging my sore neck(slept wrong, with the plate it can cause some issues...). He knows what hurts and likes to lay against or on it.

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    Dogs ....a blessing

Indeed, they are. I live alone, have for any years, my little dog took ill and I had to put her down about ten days ago. It sucked, still does, she was my constant companion for just about twelve years. By watching her I learned a great deal about patience, and gained some insight into myself and my relationship with the Father. All she cared about mostly, was pleasing me, and doing what she thought I wanted her to, much the way I feel towards God. I observed that she would get so intent upon doing a simple thing, such as finding a ball, that she would ignore my hand signals and for the most part my spoken word unless I raised my voice.

I sometimes see myself ramming around trying to please God, so intent on my "mission" that I miss His subtle signs, consequently it often takes me longer to reach my goal, and often, He just has to stop me and reset my thinking. Perhaps that makes sense to some of you perhaps not, regardless, that was one of the major blessing Lacey brought into my life. That, and she loved me no matter what, made me a gentler and kinder man.

Claude
    Claude, you said a mouthful brother.

Often times I think when we are scrambling frantically to please him. We need to stop, look at his face, and it will become obvious what he wants us to do.

I know sometimes my Casey is a foot from the ball, with this "boss I don't understand" look on his face. Because he is all wrapped up in the fluffy toy and did not catch that I wanted the ball.

I think sometimes we just need to slow down, listen, look up into his face and pray for inspiration.
    I know the Lord looks at me like I look at my dog. "Ohhh come on bill, your a smart guy, don't give me that dumb look, figure it out!"

I also know he forgives me for it, and keeps trying to give me clues.

But I know how much my little dog has taught me.

I am sorry to hear that you lost yours. I will be praying for you.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    MaryB, yep cats & dogs are both blessings Only time I've had a cat knowing where I hurt & wanting to help go wrong was when it's an incision (gall bladder removed) & the stubborn kitty was insisting on standing ON it, we had to have a little talk till she understood. Basically "Ow" & a flinch from me. Sometimes a quiet calm loving snuggle says more than any human is capable of saying.

And darn I miss having a dog around too. Cats & dogs are just different forms of wonderfullness I aspire to be as good, probably don't manage it always, sadly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast