RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataRepackbox
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about brisk defense cast loads for the pocket .380

Banned

this has been proven wrong many times. Show me one instance of a civilian using reloads that went to jail for using them in a justified shooting. I would think that if any eyebrows would rise in court would be if you were using special high power ammo like hornadys critical defense ect. Bottom line is its a justified shooting it doesn't matter what ammo you used. If it isn't justified your going to jail no matter what ammo you use. I am a certified NRA instructor and theres not a single mention in any of our teaching info against using handloads. You say this
    Why anyone would bet their life on a low velocity small caliber lead bullet that may or may not expand rather than a proven self defense load escapes me.
    and think a jury isn't going to question your motive of using special ammo to insure you not only stopped the criminal but insured he was killed by using extra cost ammo. there is absolutely no law on the books in any state that forbids the use of handloads in a ccw case. Not one law that forbids the use of FMJ bullets. Just a bunch of internet experts passing on urban legends. Bottom line is if your carrying a gun your showing the judge you were willing to kill someone if it was necessary. What bullet you choose is trivial. You cant break a law if there is no law. Like I said show me the beef. Show me one justified shooting where a man spent one day in jail because he had a cast bullet in his gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC14 View Post
    IF you bothered to watch any of the self defense shows on TV hosted by professionals you would have seen the caution to not use handloads many times.

Yeah the NRA is evil and were it not for them we would be as well off gunownership wise as England and Europe. Who could wish for more ?

Testimony from an LEO:

"There is a reason that law enforcement & other armed professionals don't carry ball but instead carry expanding bullets.

My biggest concern with carrying ball .45 is "shoot through". I sure don't want to shoot though an aggressor then through the wall behind him & hit an innocent person in the next room, or building, or block.

That is something that would be very difficult to defend against in a court of law. Not to mention being something that I want to avoid if at all possible."

I'm not trying to convince you, just trying to help someone else avoid having a problem.

Why anyone would bet their life on a low velocity small caliber lead bullet that may or may not expand rather than a proven self defense load escapes me.

But then again, my cars don't have drum brakes either.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    The NRA has been selling insurance as a revenue stream ever since Max Rich got them into the cancer insurance business, and I wonder how that worked out?

They will bargain for nationwide permit reciprocity and the price will be that everybody who owns a gun needs to carry liability insurance like they do for their car, pay $$$$ to take the approved NRA training course etc. It's all about the money and letting the camel's nose into the tent. No thank you!
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master
    Dang, I hate that I missed this thread for so long. Keeping malls safe takes up the majority of my time. Now that I've changed out of my ninja garb, and put my tactical H&R single shot away, allow me to wax eloquent on the subject.

Mas Ayoob is a boob. Oh, and I use a max dose of Bullseye powder under the Lee 95 gr RF. Out of my Pocketlite, it will hold a 4 inch 10 shot group at 25 yards rested.

Boolit Master
    Getting back on topic, when I did have a 380 I bought the mihec 95gr hp mold. With the solid pins in they drop at 100gr and have the same profile as the buffalo bore cast bullets.
    Now that the micro 9mms are close to same size as the 380s I see no reason to carry one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I use the Buffalo Bore 100 +P grain cast. I can't load anything that comes close to their performance with the currently available powders.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=127
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 01-11-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12