RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: Next, more velocity

Boolit Buddy

Next, more velocity

I'm getting 1" - 2" groups with my NOE 360-154-WFNs using air-cooled COWW alloy (without gas checks) @ 1160 fps average with 4.6 grains of Titegroup in my Ruger 77/357. The NOE bullets are half a thousandth under the throat diameter, so I think they fit the gun. I want to add the gas checks and switch to WW296 (or maybe buy some 2400) and get the velocity up around 1500 - 1600 fps. Any thoughts about water dropping and/or sizing down bullets to work as well at higher velocity? I'm currently pan lubing with a one-time mixture of LLA, paraffin, paste wax and petroleum jelly and will mix up some BLL after I use the pan stuff up (no leading so far!).

With the throat filled like that you may be good to go at those speeds wth air cooled ww with the checks on. I had good accuracy in my 35 whelen with air cooled ww at 1800 FPS.
    After that I had to heat treat it to maintain accuracy in the 2400 to 2600 FPS. range.

I use either Ben’s Red or BLL lube with no problems at all in the leading or accuracy department.