Snyders JerkyWidenersTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2Repackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: New shotgun

Boolit Buddy

New shotgun

This gun is in the mail on it's way to me. It's a Mowrey 12 gauge sporting a 32" barrel. I've seen pics of Mowreys before but I've never held one and don't know a whole lot about them as far as good points/bad points. It will be a bit of a "surprise" when I actually have it in hand.

Boolit Master

Should be a good shooter. I have never heard any negitive reports
    Don't buy nuthing you can't take home

Joel 3:10

Boolit Grand Master

First off check the barrel. We had some come in with the fore end pin drilled so it intruded into the barrel itself. We had to pin, weld and ream the barrel smooth to get them up and running. See if you can find a spare mainspring right off as you may need it they are not the best in some cases. The problem is Mowery changed hands several times and each new owner didn't want to accept responsibility for the others faux paus. If they work they work well and my wife and kids all shot them until I could make them custom guns and won a lot of matches with them, thye just had varialble quality control.

Boolit Buddy
    I will give it a good once over once I receive it.

Boolit Buddy
    I received the gun today ad gave it a look over. There is no issue with the pin that goes through the forearm. There is no noticeable play/wobble in the hammer. The bore is nice and shiny, no marks in the wood of any kind. All brass is in very nice condition. From all accounts, this gun appears to have been shot very few times. The fellow I bought it from said he bought it quite a few years ago along with an Invest Arms Hawken with the intent to get into black powder. He never did and never shot either gun. This Mowrey is an Olney, Texas gun with serial number 437X.