Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kel tec 2000??

Banned

kel tec 2000??

anyone have an opinion of them. I'm wanting a 40sw carbine without breaking the bank. Had a highpoint and it was a good reliable gun but the folding kel tec appeals to me and the big advantage to me is it uses glock mags.

I have a sub 9. That’s the first model with a metal receiver. It shoots anything I feed it.

The keltec carbines have a cult following. For good reason. They’re good little guns for what they are.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

I've been kicking around getting one in 9mm that uses Glock mags for awhile now. I don't own or care for Glocks, but the mags are fairly cheap and readily available. There seems to be more .40's available used than 9mm's, so look around before you buy new. I would be interested to read a report if you decide to buy one.

Banned

ive got a 9mm cmmg ar15 that runs like a clock. Just don't have 1200 bucks right now to get a .40 AR.

Boolit Buddy
    I've got one in 9mm. Would like one in 40 too. My 9 eats anything I put thru it. Haven't really tested for accuracy but I can hit my 8 inch gongs at 50 yards every time. Fun gun and price was very right.

Shelly
    "EXPERT= Ex is a has been, spurt is a drip under pressure" Unknown

Boolit Grand Master
    I had one in 9mm. I bought it for my girlfriend and she had a lot of trouble with the bolt. It is quite accurate for what it is and mine shot lead bullet reloads very well.

I have heard of problems with them if you put a lot of rounds through them.

I bought some Blue Dot to work up loads to take advantage of the longer barrel but I wound up selling it.

I have seen prices on pistol caliber AR's coming down and I believe they will get close to what .223's are going for. That is what I will wind up with. Here is a link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/723612514

For $200 more it seems like a wiser choice to me, but I have not investigated these guns.
    Don Verna

Banned

Sorry but that aint no ar15. It looks like one of those just right carbines. Might be a decent gun but my 9mm cmmg is a true ar15 as is the Olympic arms gun and the stag arms unit but all of them are in the 1200 dollar range. Also that's a 9mm and I'm looking for a 40 sw
    Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I had one in 9mm. I bought it for my girlfriend and she had a lot of trouble with the bolt. It is quite accurate for what it is and mine shot lead bullet reloads very well.

I have heard of problems with them if you put a lot of rounds through them.

I bought some Blue Dot to work up loads to take advantage of the longer barrel but I wound up selling it.

I have seen prices on pistol caliber AR's coming down and I believe they will get close to what .223's are going for. That is what I will wind up with. Here is a link:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/723612514

For $200 more it seems like a wiser choice to me, but I have not investigated these guns.

Have a Keltec 2000 in forty ....
    Picked it up from another member here a while back and it has been very enjoyable.
    Some people don't think much of them as they don't fit the good looking profile , but after I let them go thru a few rounds , they change their minds quickly .
    Have a bucket of brass available and have been using one of Mihec's molds that drops a 135 gr. penta H.P. ..
    WST , CLAYS 231 ,etc. different powders used , it eats them all , fun to shoot and is more accurate then I am out to fifty.
    Put it in a back pack with the extra glock mags , large and standard capacity.
    always have it in the truck while shooting my rifles and at the end of the day pull it out for fun .
    Has been cheaper than 22's up to now ... they "grow " on you as you use them.
    very tempted to see about a 9 version I saw on armslist but .....
    So far , been very much fun with it's versatility ,folding stock .
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Boolit Buddy
    Great truck/backpack gun that I take just about everywhere. Eats everything and uses mags that work in my carry gun. Not shooting it for fun, just enough for proficiency. A red dot would be good on the range but would keep it from folding, so not right for my purposes. Sights are iffy but workable. All in all a 7.5 out of ten on my scorecard.

Banned

thanks. Ive got a trs25 red dot and a quick detach mount id try on it and see if it can be taken on and off and keep point of aim.

Banned
    I had a folding Kel tec it never felt right too much lightweight plastic ?? but it did the job and wasn't heavy just took some getting used to

If you REALLY want a 9mm carbine that gives everything ....and more.. try Wilson Combat's AR-9

I got mine earlier this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z9hoBn6.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	209050

I have never seen a blow back 9mm capable of THIS level of accuracy and I am nowhere near done with load development. I have full bore rifles that cannot shoot this well.

I shoot 10 round groups at 50 & 100 yards. 3 round groups are a joke and even 5 round groups tell lies.
    My best group so far with a 124g Hornady XTP over AA #7 gave me .700 inches at 50 yards.
    That's almost minute of angle. I think MOA at 50 would be .524. I will get there with some work. I could be at minute of angle if I only shot 3 or four rounds or if I was one of those losers who discard shots from a grouping.

Name:	NfT4gal.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	209051

Chronographing that load:
    Minimum velocity = 1466
    Maximum = 1500
    S/D 11.4

What has really taken me back is my work with CFE Pistol though. Ten rounds at 50 yards only grouped 1.050. Not my best BUT I am working with a 4x scope.....for now. I feel it deserves more magnification with this kind of accuracy so a scope change is happening.
    Anyway,
    5.5g of CFE pistol under a 124g XTP
    minimum velocity 1437
    maximum velocity 1464
    Standard Deviation = 7.4

Single digit S/D! I was pretty surprised. My eyes are getting pretty sad so I KNOW the grouping will get better once I have this new Nikon 4-12x zeroed in.

It does very well at 100 yards also. This is a load using AA #5 and it will do 10 @ 1.25 inches at 100 yards.

Name:	efX6Utb.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	209052

I think one of the nicest things is how easy it is to shoot. It wears a Form 1 suppressor and it's just a putty cat to shoot.

I was one of those who scoffed at Wilson Combat as money for a name only. That's BS and I was wrong. You get what you pay for.
    Last edited by NoAngel; 12-07-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

I have been working with CFE Pistol ever since it came out and find it to be an excellent pistol powder for full power loads in all my handgun cartridges(38 Special/357 mag, 40S&W, 9mm, and 45ACP).
    I have always been able to get a few more fps with standard pressure loadings and excellent accuracy.
    I haven't tested it with light target loads yet. I have some really excellent shooting Bullseye and WST loads so I'm not certain I will ever try.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    thanks. Ive got a trs25 red dot and a quick detach mount id try on it and see if it can be taken on and off and keep point of aim.
    I have tried this with one of my TRS25s (older with Gold logo) before and it held zero fine. I just know if I need the weapon for it's assigned purpose I won't have time to mount the optic so I run drills with the irons. But for plinkin' a 1" plus height riser lets you sight with your head up a bit and makes it a lot more comfortable and fun to shoot.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    More fun than a barrel of monkeys,,,,,

Name:	image.jpeg 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	209077

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	209078
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Banned

no doubt a fine gun you have there but its way out of my budget right now. Ive got a cmmg ar15 in 9mm that will shoot 2inch at a 100 with cast bullets with a scope on it!! and is dead reliable. But even that was 1200 bucks and I just don't have that kind of money today. 500 bucks is about my limit right now. Just looking for a plinker that could double as a truck gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    If you REALLY want a 9mm carbine that gives everything ....and more.. try Wilson Combat's AR-9

I got mine earlier this year.

Name:	Z9hoBn6.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	209050

I have never seen a blow back 9mm capable of THIS level of accuracy and I am nowhere near done with load development. I have full bore rifles that cannot shoot this well.

I shoot 10 round groups at 50 & 100 yards. 3 round groups are a joke and even 5 round groups tell lies.
    My best group so far with a 124g Hornady XTP over AA #7 gave me .700 inches at 50 yards.
    That's almost minute of angle. I think MOA at 50 would be .524. I will get there with some work. I could be at minute of angle if I only shot 3 or four rounds or if I was one of those losers who discard shots from a grouping.

Name:	NfT4gal.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	209051

Chronographing that load:
    Minimum velocity = 1466
    Maximum = 1500
    S/D 11.4

What has really taken me back is my work with CFE Pistol though. Ten rounds at 50 yards only grouped 1.050. Not my best BUT I am working with a 4x scope.....for now. I feel it deserves more magnification with this kind of accuracy so a scope change is happening.
    Anyway,
    5.5g of CFE pistol under a 124g XTP
    minimum velocity 1437
    maximum velocity 1464
    Standard Deviation = 7.4

Single digit S/D! I was pretty surprised. My eyes are getting pretty sad so I KNOW the grouping will get better once I have this new Nikon 4-12x zeroed in.

It does very well at 100 yards also. This is a load using AA #5 and it will do 10 @ 1.25 inches at 100 yards.

Name:	efX6Utb.jpg 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	209052

I think one of the nicest things is how easy it is to shoot. It wears a Form 1 suppressor and it's just a putty cat to shoot.

I was one of those who scoffed at Wilson Combat as money for a name only. That's BS and I was wrong. You get what you pay for.

Boolit Master

Lloyd,

Check out Mech-Tech. They are an upper that slides onto your Glock(1911, XD etc) lower and turns it into a rifle. A lot of people seem to like them.
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

I had a Mech-Tech. It was VERY reliable with my Glock 19 lower. I never got the kind of accuracy I wanted but it was a VERY well made set up and hell-for-stout. That stainless steel bolt is a MONSTER. They are definitely not cheaply made.

I could never get mine to do much better than 2 inches at 50 yards. That's not really bad, I just wanted more.

Banned

yup that second choice right now. thing is id hate to scarf the bottom off one of my glocks so id at least have to buy a lower and then were up around 7-800 bucks. Ive told myself though that its an excuse to buy a new glock and I still might go that route. thing is I already have a 19 and a 23 and id want it on one that size so I could use mags interchangeably. Don't have a use for a 357 sig. Sure wish they would make a 45acp on that frame size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    Lloyd,

Check out Mech-Tech. They are an upper that slides onto your Glock(1911, XD etc) lower and turns it into a rifle. A lot of people seem to like them.

Boolit Master

I have a Sub2K in .40. I like it. I paid $250 for it from my buddy's pawnshop. I like it a lot. It is accurate, runs right at 10MM ballistics and .40 brass is everywhere. Mine likes the Lee 175gr. TC unsized lubed with LLA. It will shoot tiny little groups too. Got a bunch of factory Glock and South Korean mags for it. They all work perfectly.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast