Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2PBcastcoTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kel tec 2000??

Banned

what ill probably end up going with is another 9mm. I wish they made it in 40 though. http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8...ve-pistol.html

Boolit Buddy
    I had a S2K, in 9mm though, and will mimic everyone here with their nothing but great feeding habits 9f that little carbine. I thoroughly enjoyed mine, but sold it after Ruger came out with their new 9mm carbine....intentions to buy one of those with the monies....but that is another story.

Get one, you won't regret it. Put on a few doodad's do and you will love it. I sold only to free up funds, not because of any misfunctioning.....all boots fed, shot, and worked very well out at the 100 yard berm at my range if I did my part . Worst thing is the factory sights, and they aren't overly horrible, just the worst thing.
    Liberalism isn't just a disease anymore, it is a mental disorder.

Sirach 2: 4-9

Any questions.......http://http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?293211-Bubba-w-a-45-70-is-a-bonafied-straight-shooter
    Or here....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...t-shooter-too!

Banned
    My wife saw one about a week or so ago and fell in love with it. I've been trying to stall her on the purchase as I look for a slightly used 9mm. They look crude but effective and they use the 9mm Glock mags. Something I will ponder for a little while longer.

Boolit Bub
    I love mine. Feed it Lee 175 grain tc and about 3.0 grains of Clays and you have a great shooting combo! Regular fmj 40 can tap your cheek in an awfully annoying way but powder coated boolits work great for me.

Vendor Sponsor

Lloyd: That thing is definitely NFA. It is attached to the gun and thus considered an SBR. The gun is actually buried within the frame.

Saw it at the show and they said it was NFA at their booth. I think this thing was developed by the Israelis'.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

they actually make two versions. One with a true folding stock that is considered a sbr when you put your glock in it and the other with an folding arm brace and a approval letter from the batf saying its legal. A rifle has a stock and just like registering your AR receiver as a handgun and putting a shooting brace on it is legal with any length barrel. Now whether this ruling changes down the line is debatable but right now its legality isn't.

I have a. sub 2000 gen II in 9mm and love it. Lots of fun to shoot. For what it is it's really accurate. Shoots 125 gr cast boolits with no problem sized .358. I like it better than my Just Right Carbine in 45 acp which i like allot.
    Dont pee down my back and tell me its raining.

Apache armaments in Kentucky has a 40 cal ar upper that fits on your 9mm lower. Ask to talk to Charles, they are at a lot of Indiana larger gun shows, especially the 1500 in Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    what ill probably end up going with is another 9mm. I wish they made it in 40 though. http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-8...ve-pistol.html

Banned

any idea what they get for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by gsdelong View Post
    Apache armaments in Kentucky has a 40 cal ar upper that fits on your 9mm lower. Ask to talk to Charles, they are at a lot of Indiana larger gun shows, especially the 1500 in Indianapolis.

I am thinking they were around $400 with the proper bcg, I am very happy with what I have purchased. Was waiting to buy a 45acp AR that took glock mags, they said they sent them all back because they could not get them to feed consistently

any idea what they get for them?

Banned

just picked up a psa ar15 glock complete lower. So a 9mm AR handgun is going to come first. Just finished the 5.56 handgun project and the way my gun funds are anymore it will probably take half a year to finish this one up. Kind of made out on the deal yesterday though. Went to the local gunshop to order it from psa and it came to 150 out the door. they have a range there and I saw they had a whole shelf full of once fired brass. I need more 9mm brass like a hole in the head but ask the girl who runs it (family business) and she said here take this for nothing and handed me a big jug of 9s that would fill two large flat rate boxes for nothing. probably at least a 100 bucks worth of brass. Just got caught back up on my 9mm bullets stash as I loaded them all up last winter. Now it starts again!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gsdelong View Post
    I am thinking they were around $400 with the proper bcg, I am very happy with what I have purchased. Was waiting to buy a 45acp AR that took glock mags, they said they sent them all back because they could not get them to feed consistently
    Wonder if that's why psa has all the 45acp stuff out of stock and has for quite a while.

Banned
    The wife purchased a Gen II 9mm yesterday that holds the large Glock magazine. Its a fun little piece.

Wonder if that's why psa has all the 45acp stuff out of stock and has for quite a while.
    I will see them this weekend, pm me your email and I will send a copy of their business card.

Boolit Grand Master

Good afternoon
    We bought our first model 2000 40 SW using Glock mags 6 years ago. No regrets That carbine has only shot a 200 grain cast (ours), the same load we fire in our Glock 40SW's. Very accurate at 50 yards. WE liked it so much we bought another last summer so my wife could have her own to tote around in her car truck in a computer bag like mine. Whenever we travel those two "computers" ride along.
    Bought 6 29 round Korean mags also. All 6 work flawleesly in the carbines and the Glocks. Handy ammo storage devices !
    Make fine lightweight "walking around" carbines.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Vendor Sponsor

As far as contacting PSA about when they will have something in stock, it is a complete waste of time. Just got done trying for a week on my 24" Upper for my SCR build which had been out of stock for months but the CS people aren't given the info of when things will be available. Went at them every way I could think of with no answer..

Finally a CS supervisor called me back and gave me a number for Dealer Sales.

I was able to get a guy on the phone who was willing to look in the back room and he found me a 24" upper "Blem" which I got a discount on. It was exactly what I was looking for and it will be here tomorrow.

Even he couldn't tell me when a product would be in stock.

Don't waste your time calling CS as it will only frustrate you and lower your opinion of PSA.

Just use them for what they have on the internet and you'll really like them. I paid $270 shipped for that upper and the best I could find elsewhere for a 24" barreled upper was $795! That's why PSA is great. My other PSA upper for my SCR was $219 shipped! You can't beat that.

Randy

It's here and here's pic of the gun setup for Longer Ranges with a 1-6 x Millet scope I got from Larry Potterfield for less than half they normally go for. Thanks Larry!. Still have to get a QD Sling swivel mount for this fore end.
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 03-02-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"

I got a Sub 2000 9mm Glock for my wife about 7 yrs ago and that little thing is a blast. It digests everything and loves cast boolits. She also has my Glock 17 I bought in 1987. I once called Kel-Tec to see if they ever planned on a platform that would use Springfield XD Mags because if they made a .45 I'd be all over it. I got a one word reply "No". To bad. I guess I'll have to go with mechtech although I really like the Sub 2000 layout.

Vendor Sponsor

cheeto: the bolt thrust on a .45ACP is much greater than either the 9MM or .40 S&W and that is why they said no. However the other reason why they said no is because they have been asked that same question about 9 million times..

I talked to George Kelgren at SHOT and he told me exactly why it won't ever happen.

Randy

Banned

yup I emailed them 4 times trying to find out when 9mm at uppers would be available. No response at all. Ive got the lower that I bought from them and even mags I bought from them and have bought 3 different guns from them but I guess I'm not worth a couple minutes to respond to an email. I ended up at the recommendation of someone here going here http://karrisguns.com/kg-minor-Chaos...tol-upper.aspx they had the 4.5 in complete uppers in stock and for the same price as psa was charging I got an upgraded nitrate coated full auto rated bolt and carrier with a titanium firing pin and an ambidextrous tactical charge handle.

Thanks for the Info W.R.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123