MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kel tec 2000??

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Arisaka99 View Post
    Lloyd,

Check out Mech-Tech. They are an upper that slides onto your Glock(1911, XD etc) lower and turns it into a rifle. A lot of people seem to like them.
    Cool design on the Mech Techs. And the recoil is super mild compared to a Sub2k.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    If you REALLY want a 9mm carbine that gives everything ....and more.. try Wilson Combat's AR-9

I got mine earlier this year.

Attachment 209050

I have never seen a blow back 9mm capable of THIS level of accuracy and I am nowhere near done with load development. I have full bore rifles that cannot shoot this well.

I shoot 10 round groups at 50 & 100 yards. 3 round groups are a joke and even 5 round groups tell lies.
    My best group so far with a 124g Hornady XTP over AA #7 gave me .700 inches at 50 yards.
    That's almost minute of angle. I think MOA at 50 would be .524. I will get there with some work. I could be at minute of angle if I only shot 3 or four rounds or if I was one of those losers who discard shots from a grouping.

Attachment 209051

Chronographing that load:
    Minimum velocity = 1466
    Maximum = 1500
    S/D 11.4

What has really taken me back is my work with CFE Pistol though. Ten rounds at 50 yards only grouped 1.050. Not my best BUT I am working with a 4x scope.....for now. I feel it deserves more magnification with this kind of accuracy so a scope change is happening.
    Anyway,
    5.5g of CFE pistol under a 124g XTP
    minimum velocity 1437
    maximum velocity 1464
    Standard Deviation = 7.4

Single digit S/D! I was pretty surprised. My eyes are getting pretty sad so I KNOW the grouping will get better once I have this new Nikon 4-12x zeroed in.

It does very well at 100 yards also. This is a load using AA #5 and it will do 10 @ 1.25 inches at 100 yards.

Attachment 209052

I think one of the nicest things is how easy it is to shoot. It wears a Form 1 suppressor and it's just a putty cat to shoot.

I was one of those who scoffed at Wilson Combat as money for a name only. That's BS and I was wrong. You get what you pay for.
    Very nice! I wanna add that my Camp 9 is blowback and is sub MOA at 50y with the 135 Ranch Dog. The only jacketed bullets I found that are near as accurate are 115 or 124 XTPs or HAPs. Plated bullets such as Gold Dots and Ranger Bonded are not as accurate.

I have found the same thing. Gold Dots did not do so well and Berry’s plated just down right sucked.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Banned

if I got one it would be fed cast or go down the road.

Lloyd: I have a Gen I Kel-Tec S2K .40 Glock and it shoots Cast just fine. In fact it shoots anything just fine. These guns are not tack drivers, they were designed to be a lightweight Carbine that a LEO could carry in his car and share the mags his pistol used, and give better performance than a pistol. They are 100 yard guns at best, and really good 50 yard guns with any ammo you feed them. Mine likes the Lee 175 gr TC Boolit with Powder Coating, but also shoots plated boolits just fine as well as factory ammo. This is a gun you can carry in your car easily and mine lives in a small Backpack along with it's magazines.

My gun is a Gen 1 gun and I have installed the Kel-Tec Aluminum Fore End a Red Lion Front Sight One of my Slings and a Bushnell TRS 25 Red Dot Sight on an angled mount so the gun will still fold.

The Gen II guns are very popular and pretty easy to find at about $400 new. Most guys don't mod the Gen II guns as much as the Gen I guns were modded. If you go over to the KTOG site there is a lot of info to be had on setting one up and minor problems that have arisen in the past.

https://www.thektog.org/

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-17-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

I'm not looking for 300 yard prairie dog accuracy. If it would shoot a 3 inch 50 yard group and stay in say 8 inch or the vitals of something the size of a deer at a 100 that would be plenty accurate for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    I'm not looking for 300 yard prairie dog accuracy. If it would shoot a 3 inch 50 yard group and stay in say 8 inch or the vitals of something the size of a deer at a 100 that would be plenty accurate for me.

If it won’t do that pass it off on someone else cause it’s junk.
    I have been totally blown away by the inherent accuracy of the humble little 9x19.
    I take it pretty far and I know some people think it’s lunacy ....but I’m having fun and the results speak for themselves.
    I only use Win brass and after it’s deprimed and cleaned I weigh them. 58.0g +/- .5 grains. Anything outside that gets used for pistol and general blasting ammo. I trim, uniform the primer pocket and deburr the inside flash hole.
    A lot of work BUT one of my best loads has a standard deviation of less than 8. Seven point something I don’t recall. That’s awfully consistent and it’s very accurate if/when I can keep the nut behind the trigger properly tightened.

My biggest failure to date has been with subsonic loads. For whatever reason I can’t find a combo that will do better than around 2 inches at 50 yards (for ten shots). It’s just another riddle I have yet to solve.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master

I am taking my 40 Sub2K out next range trip. I will shoot at 50 yds off bench and bags to see what it will do. Load is 175gr. Lee unsized Aloxed over 5gr. Unique.
    You can miss fast & you can miss a lot, but only hits count.

That is a GOOD bullet. I ain't never owned a .40 but I have loaded a TON of it for my buddy and all his do very well with it.

Banned

my 9mm ar15 is scary accurate at a 100 yards with the group buy 147 hp pc'd. Funny thing is that bullet doesn't shoot well in any of my other 9s though.
    If it won’t do that pass it off on someone else cause it’s junk.
    I have been totally blown away by the inherent accuracy of the humble little 9x19.
    I take it pretty far and I know some people think it’s lunacy ....but I’m having fun and the results speak for themselves.
    I only use Win brass and after it’s deprimed and cleaned I weigh them. 58.0g +/- .5 grains. Anything outside that gets used for pistol and general blasting ammo. I trim, uniform the primer pocket and deburr the inside flash hole.
    A lot of work BUT one of my best loads has a standard deviation of less than 8. Seven point something I don’t recall. That’s awfully consistent and it’s very accurate if/when I can keep the nut behind the trigger properly tightened.

My biggest failure to date has been with subsonic loads. For whatever reason I can’t find a combo that will do better than around 2 inches at 50 yards (for ten shots). It’s just another riddle I have yet to solve.

Banned

yup hands down my most shot 40 bullet
    That is a GOOD bullet. I ain't never owned a .40 but I have loaded a TON of it for my buddy and all his do very well with it.

I had a sub2k in 40. I bought it new 8 years back or so. It consistently failed to eject the last round, and sometimes the second to last round. Mags were factory mags with good springs. I dont remember what ammo, but probably federal or winchester factory. I opened the ejection port some with my dremel tool, and it did better. I reshaped the ejector some, and it did some better. I got tired of messing with it, and sold it to the gunsmith. I didnt like that the grip didnt have a screw or something holding the front together. Always felt like it was spreading some with a mag inserted. I didnt shoot it for accuracy, just plinked with it a few weeks. It was fun. I took it apart to fiddle with it. The feed ramp was plastic/nylon/whatever. I knocked the sharp edges off the charging handle slot as it sliced me wide open.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I had a sub2k in 40. I bought it new 8 years back or so. It consistently failed to eject the last round, and sometimes the second to last round. Mags were factory mags with good springs. I dont remember what ammo, but probably federal or winchester factory. I opened the ejection port some with my dremel tool, and it did better. I reshaped the ejector some, and it did some better. I got tired of messing with it, and sold it to the gunsmith. I didnt like that the grip didnt have a screw or something holding the front together. Always felt like it was spreading some with a mag inserted. I didnt shoot it for accuracy, just plinked with it a few weeks. It was fun. I took it apart to fiddle with it. The feed ramp was plastic/nylon/whatever. I knocked the sharp edges off the charging handle slot as it sliced me wide open.

Mine has cut me me more than once. They are bad cuts too.

Boolit Master

Shot the KelTec at 50 yds. Just resting off the railing. It did fine. I went through 3 30 round stick mags and 2 15 rd factory pistol mags. It held a pretty decent grouping for the sake of shooting at an area on the paper.

Boolit Grand Master

Good evening
    We have two. Bought the first 40 (Glock) 5 years back. Bought the second in 2016 (40 Glock) so wife & I have our own that go wherever we go together or individually. Carry mine in a computer case on the two wheeler also. Each have a one point carry on them.
    Two 30 round and one 13 round Glock mags with each. We load a 200 grain FNPB that are tennis ball accurate at 50 yards. Our Model 22's shoot the same load nicely.
    Having put well over 500 rounds through mine I think they will be with us a very long time. Wish we could have at least one down here.
    Mike in Peru
    "Come unto Me, all you who labor and are heavy burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
    Male Guanaco out in dry lakebed at 10,800 feet south of Arequipa.

Boolit Master
    Glad to hear they can take some use. Gotta ask, whatcha doing down in Peru? Are they one of those countries that do not allow citizens to carry rounds bigger than the military?

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I like the concept of the Sub 2000 but can't get past the chintzy screwed together appearance and thin plastic clamshell receiver. I don't doubt that it functions well, but it's just not for me. The new Ruger is much more to my liking.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Banned

I guess I kind of shelved the kel-tec idea now that ruger is making there carbine. I might just wait till when or if they come out with a 40. As a matter of fact I might just get a 9 while I wait.

Keltec sub 2000 are nice. Different mags and folding is a huge selling point.

Banned

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast