Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load DataRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Instant Pot cookers?

Instant Pot cookers?

Anybody here have and use an Instant Pot cooker? Heard about them on our local AR15 forum, guys seem to like them. I understand it's kind of a hybrid crock pot & pressure cooker, made in Canada.

Boolit Master
    We like ours. Had it for nearly 2 years. My only complaint is it's half the size we need.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    Wife bought one recently, the 8qt size. She likes it. You can for more than just cooking food. You can use it as a yogurt maker.

Boolit Master
    My wife uses ours a lot, we have the 5qt size. At 900w that's a lot of juice for an off grid power situation, but if we have 20+ mph wind (for our turbines) we can run it no problem.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

I bought one last weekend and have used it twice already. Once for pinto beans, and once for pulled pork.

It has worked outstanding for cooking both and cleaning it up is a cinch. I can see using it 3-4 times a month.

Bought this one on sale for $79.99 https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-30...ch=web-regular

Hmmm, thinkin' I need one. Now to catch an after-Christmas sale.....

Boolit Buddy

We recently bought one as well, to echo the other comments " We Love our's ".
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master

When I was on the road and living out of my travel trailer for a year and a half, I cooked half of my meals in one (the other half were out of my Green Mountain Davey Crocket smoker).

Makes quick work of potatoes, made shrimp alfredo once a week, spaghetti quite often, occasionally pot roast and brisket. There are quite a few cook books on Amazon that specifically center on cooking out of the Instant Pot. I highly recommend it.

Boolit Master

Love mine

Banned

I have one of the "power pressure cooker xl" and use it all the time. I NEVER do a roast any other way anymore. I think the pressure pushes the spice flavor into the meat and it always turns out fork tender. Even a crappy cut of meat. My favorite is a chuck of venison neck and a chunk of pork but. no need to debone. Just cut the outside fat off the pork but (I save it for sausage making) Cool thing is throw your meat and spices and a can of cream of mush soup a cup of water and a pack of lipton onion soup mix in then throw your raw carrots, potatoes, onion and whatever else you like and push the one hour button and presto you have a meal that's as good and probably better then if you fooled around all day cooking and you don't even have to make gravy. Its already there. A small venison roast and a small pork roast together is my favorite. Makes chicken and rice soup a snap too. Dump a cut up chicken and two cups of water in it and cook for an hour. An hour and a half if the chicken is froze. take out the chicken and debone it and throw it back in with the broth and a cut up onion and whatever other veggies you like (but cut them small) Dump some dry rice in it and set it on the rice settting and in 15 minutes you have soup. Works great for veggy beef soup too. Stews another no brainer in it. got mine for Christmas last year and to be honest it sat for a long time because I already had "my ways" of cooking different things but id bet since trying it out about 4 months ago its been used at least once a week. Its about replaced the crock pot for me. Just as good if not better tasting meals in an hour instead of all day.

Just added an 8 quart into my Amazon Cart.

Boolit Buddy

We had our's for several months and like Lloyd Smale, we were set in our ways as far as cooking and didn't use it until last week. All I can say is " WOW, why did we wait so long " I have used it for Pinto Beans & Hamhocks, Venison Roast with Potatoes & Carrots, to Roast a Whole Chicken & for Jasmine Rice. Man'O'Man, we have been using Instant Rice for so many years I had forgotten how good Real Rice was. I am using it again today to make Chili using Taco Grind Seasoned Beef, I sure it will be excellent
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

I'm eating a bowl of ham and great northern bean soup that I made in mine today. Hands down the best I've ever made.

Love this thing more each time I use it.

What brand is preferred? Sounds right up my alley! I use a crock pot a lot and re,ally like dry beans. Thanks, hc18flyer

I think the Instant Pot is the preferred brand. There are lots of reviews on all of them though.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    We're into our 2nd year of using an 8qt Instant Pot on, almost, a daily basis. Cooking dried beans, Soups, Stews, and Meats are a snap in it. We also use it for Rice and Hard Boiled Eggs.
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master
    Wish they had them in 16 quart.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Dang it ! Ya'll got me wantin one now , heck I'm out of cabinet space as it is .
    No turning back , No turning back !

I have a 3 quart should be here tommorow.

I was looking at an 8 and decided it is just me and my wife, don't need that big.

Recipe book also in same order, also found a good site for recipes.

https://www.pressurecookrecipes.com/...one-pot-meals/

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    We have an Instant Pot coming from Amazon!
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast