Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Adapting Uniflow to top of turret?

Boolit Buddy

Adapting Uniflow to top of turret?

Besides the Lee Short Powder Charge Die, what else do I need to adapt the Uniflow to the top of the press? /Chris

Boolit Master
    This may be what you are looking for...

https://www.amazon.com/Pistol-Adapte.../dp/B0041OJAJS

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    Yes.....thanks!

The adapter that JB showed you will work. I used one on my Lee Classic cast turret for a few months until I got my Pro Auto Disk and it worked fine.

A direct link to the manufacturer, https://gun-guides.com/Perfect-Reloa...482;-c23094183
    If you have any questions call, he’s a super nice guy and knows his stuff, really left me with a good impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper View Post
    Irish Proverb: Never approach a Bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or an Idiot from any direction!

Boolit Buddy
    The only reason I am thinking of switching to the Uniflow is the Uniflow throws consistant charges 100% of the time, right on the money. The Lee pro set up on my Lyman Tmag drops charges really bad with both the fixed disc and the adjustable disc. I was also thinking of switching to a auto index Lee classic turret. It would be sweet if I could make the auto disc throw decent charges. The Lee pro discs work great with smaller charges of Bullseye on my two 1000 presses. I am trying to drop 19.5gr of IMR 4227. Wish I could figure it out. /Chris

Boolit Master
    I simply threaded a new model Uniflow measure right into my 2nd Lyman T-mag Turret, rather than using a powder measure stand, or the stand off bracket.

Like this.

I don't use case activated linkage or anything with my T-mag II, and when I turn the turret head to the Uniflow powder charge station, I just (lightly) raise the case up to the mouth of the Uniflow's green plastic powder drop tube, and then charge the case.

Probably using the wrong terminology calling the green plastic funnel piece a drop tube, but it's this part.

I use the Uniflow like this:

Guess I don't really understand what the riser is used for.

- Bullwolf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Powder Station.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    The adapter posted above works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwolf View Post
    I simply threaded a new model Uniflow measure right into my 2nd Lyman T-mag Turret, rather than using a powder measure stand, or the stand off bracket.

Like this.

I don't use case activated linkage or anything with my T-mag II, and when I turn the turret head to the Uniflow powder charge station, I just (lightly) raise the case up to the mouth of the Uniflow's green plastic powder drop tube, and then charge the case.

Probably using the wrong terminology calling the green plastic funnel piece a drop tube, but it's this part.

Guess I don't really understand what the riser is used for.

- Bullwolf
    I also use my Uniflow screwed into the turret if my Lyman T Mag works good. Might need that riser with the Lee Turret because there is not much room between the dies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullwolf View Post
    I threaded my Uniflow powder measure directly into my T-mag Turret head, rather than using a powder measure stand or bracket.

Guess I don't really understand what the riser is used for?
    Quote Originally Posted by tranders View Post
    I also use my Uniflow screwed into the turret of my Lyman T Mag, it works good. Might need that riser with the Lee Turret because there is not much room between the dies
    Thank you, that makes a lot more sense now. I have not used a Lee turret press, only the single stage versions, so I didn't realize the dies were quite so close together.

- Bullwolf

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    This may be what you are looking for...

https://www.amazon.com/Pistol-Adapte.../dp/B0041OJAJS

G'Luck!
    I just ordered and received two of these, 1 for me and 1 for my Dad as a Christmas gift. We both use the RCBS Little Dandy measures and these work really well with them!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by three50seven View Post
    I just ordered and received two of these, 1 for me and 1 for my Dad as a Christmas gift. We both use the RCBS Little Dandy measures and these work really well with them!

And a Merry Christmas! to ya both!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    The perfect adapter works great. I have one for both my Lyman 55 and my Lee PPM.