RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revelation 6

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Revelation 6

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
    2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
    3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
    4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
    5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
    6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
    7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
    8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
    12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
    13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
    15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Reread verses 15-17

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
    16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
    No turning back , No turning back !

What do those three verses say ?

Our bible is the living word of GOD .

Boolit Master
    Fulfillment of proficy " every knee shall bow " ?
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

That day of wrath is coming & where will the lost hide? It may sound strange to some but as I read this I think of Moses when He asked to see God's Glory. The Lord said: Behold, there is a place by me.

He took Moses & put him in the clift of the rock & covered him with His Hand. I believe there is our hiding place. The song says: Rock of Ages cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee.

Jesus Christ is the Rock. He is the One in whom I hide. Your scripture selection moves me to the thoughts above.

Boolit Master

That the mighty and wicked will even at this stage in the game still think that they can hide from/not partake in the final Judgment. And they will flee and hide from judgement /the Lamb one because not being washed in the blood fear death and judgement, 2 not being Washed they have great sins/perversions to hide. Because they still won't understand there is no hiding.

Boolit Master
    On that day of judgment they will abandon the gold and silver idols they made for themselves to worship. They will leave their gods to the rodents and bats, while they crawl away into caverns and hide among the jagged rocks in the cliffs. They will try to escape the terror of the Lord and the glory of his majesty as he rises to shake the earth. Don’t put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath. What good are they?
    Isaiah 2:20-22 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...22&version=NLT
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Very good post Ronnie !!

Revelation 16

1 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, "Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth." 2 So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. 3 Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died. 4 Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying: "You are righteous, O Lord, The One who is and who was and who is to be, Because You have judged these things. 6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, And You have given them blood to drink. For it is their just due." 7 And I heard another from the altar saying, "Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments." 8 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory. 10 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain. 11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds. 12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty. 15 "Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame." 16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon. 17 Then the seventh angel poured out his bowl into the air, and a loud voice came out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done!" 18 And there were noises and thunderings and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the earth. 19 Now the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell. And great Babylon was remembered before God, to give her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath. 20 Then every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. 21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.

Dang ! looks like GOD is going to not only kill many but they will suffer great torment. We are taught GOD loves us and is merciful . How can GOD kill so many ? And lest we forget they will be judged at the throne after dying and cast into the lake of fire . Do we believe in a merciful GOD ? Did GOD bring this torment and death ?

Do we believe in a merciful GOD ?
    Some do, some don't, it is a choice, choices have consequences.

There is a thousand year period everyone sort of likes to push under the table, what do you suppose goes on in those thousand years?

My opinion, there is a huge training period, without Satan's influence, (he's locked away Rev. 20)or the fleshes influence,(the flesh went away at the second coming 1Cor 15:52) where absolute truth is known by all. Those who have overcome by the blood of the lamb will be kings and priests,(Rev. 1:6, 5:10) teachers in that period, the rest get to choose if they wish to live or die. It is my supposition that works will be important to their salvation because, and don't misunderstand, faith is about things unseen, and in the millennium, God is able to be seen. Once you see the wonders of heaven, it is no longer evidence of things unseen, (no longer a matter of faith) it is evident and seen.

You can take that and a five dollar bill, and get a cup of coffee almost any where you want, don't just dismiss it out of hand because it doesn't fit your sphere of knowledge.
    Last edited by claude; 12-09-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Giving credit where credit is due you are correct . Given freewill it is choice . GOD in his love and mercy allows us choice , through freewill we chose . Nothing could be more perfect by your first sentence . I'll let you stand on the rest .

Lets look at a few verses in Revelation 6 , though there is much more to understand it gives understanding of those that seek to hide from what they know is coming and why .

Revelation 6; 9-10

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
    10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Revelation 6;15-17

Revelation 16;9

11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.

Revelations 16;10-11

10 Then the fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom became full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues because of the pain. 11 They blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and did not repent of their deeds.

Revelation 16;21

21 And great hail from heaven fell upon men, each hailstone about the weight of a talent. Men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail, since that plague was exceedingly great.

There is so much more in these two books but even tormented , persecuted , suffering by GOD trying to get them to see they CHOSE to revile and hate GOD seeking the pleasures Satan provided . No admission , no repentance and only hate . GOD gave them every chance to be redeemed . They shunned obedience , they shunned GOD .

Just my thoughts . Read the whole book again , take your time , seek council in person . But that Christ will comes as a thief in the night is in stone . No man knows that time . Enjoy the read Revelation is a short book .
    Last edited by Boaz; 12-10-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    That the mighty and wicked will even at this stage in the game still think that they can hide from/not partake in the final Judgment. And they will flee and hide from judgement /the Lamb one because not being washed in the blood fear death and judgement, 2 not being Washed they have great sins/perversions to hide. Because they still won't understand there is no hiding.
    Good post but they know they can not flee , they hope in desperation , they can escape the justice of GOD . Standing before the throne . Any death would be better than denying GOD .
    Last edited by Boaz; 12-09-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Any death would be better than denying GOD.
    Amen.

Many try to avoid GOD , drawn through immediate gratification this world provides . Christ offers eternal life through faith .

in Remebrance
    Rvelations scares the heck out of me, partly because so much is told in allegory, therefore subject to interpretation, partly because I know that what's coming will be terrible beyond our comprehension. At this point I would like to share something that happened when I was a young man, leaving out what led up to it. I was riding a bus, sleeping, and had a dream. In the dream I was riding a bus down a very narrow road down the face of an immense cliff of slick black rock, illuminated by the light of a lake of fire down below. At the bottom was a narrow beach with busses parked bumper to bumper, people being thrown off and into the lake. As far as you could see were people swimming till they went out of sight. At about half-way down the bus I rode took an equally narrow road that led back up to the light. I can close my eyes and still see the scene vividly. Since that time I have understood what it's like to have a personal relationship with God. I have had the same troubles and difficulties as most, but the blessings He has poured out more than offset them.When I looked back over my life I see where He has kept me out of a lot of problems that I caused. I gotta stop for a while here, it's one of my difficult days. God's peace on all here. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Buddy

It's good to know that I will not be here for the majority of Revalations describes.

Boolit Buddy
    Did GOD bring this torment and death ?[/QUOTE]

No, we do when we don't accept the free gift of grace. The lake of fire was meant for Satan and his angles.

You are right !
    Last edited by Boaz; 03-29-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast