Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Redding T-7 Press ?

Boolit Bub

Redding T-7 Press ?

Anybody out there using an auto primer feeding system on there Redding T-7? I just purchased a Redding and was considering an auto primer feed system for it . Would like to here some pros & cons before I buy it.
    Thanks, Dan

Boolit Master
    I have not used a primer feed on a press in about 50 years. If you are sequencing your loading process for pistol ammo I would not use a turret press. I would find a progressive to speed up the process. An auto primer feed on a turret press does not really buy much speed over a hand priming tool.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    I've been a T-7 owner for over 10 yrs. I love the press, but have not heard much positive on the primer unit. I've been using an RCBS handheld primer forever.

Boolit Buddy
    I also hand prime for my T7 .

Boolit Bub
    I have a 550 Dillon it's a real pain switching calibers just to load 50 or so rounds.

Boolit Buddy
    I tried the priming system that Redding sells for the T-7 don't waste your money it is not reliable enough to use.

Boolit Master
    Hornet112 I have a Redding # 19 auto primer feed If it will work on your press send me your address and I will mail it to you tdoor4570

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=hornet112;4222345]I have a 550 Dillon it's a real pain switching calibers just to load 50 or so rounds.[/QUOTE

Then load 500 rounds. It will keep for decades. For small lots on a single stage press a hand tool is much better. Priming on a single stage press is pretty much a waste of time and the tool is not very sensitive to variations in seating force.
    EDG

Banned - Charles1990/Eldon/Happy Warrior/Red Jackson/Henry VIII/Mr Humble
    You have not seen excitement until (somehow) the primers in a tube ignite. (yes it does happen).

I have 4 of those presses and 4 extra turrets and the "as issued" system works just fine.

Boolit Grand Master

My turret was/is not a Redding, it's a Lee but I removed the auto-index feature a week after I got it. For priming I installed a ram prime on a couple turrets and just put the stem in the shell holder and primed away. While not an auto feed, it is one of the best priming methods I've found and Lyman recommends it as the most consistent, accurate and easy priming method.
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Bub
    tdoor4570 PM sent