Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Caldwell Chrony software help

Boolit Mold

Caldwell Chrony software help

I just started using a "Caldwell precision ballistic chronograph" and it's working great. I'd like to view the groups some where other than my phone. I was wondering if anyone had an excel spread sheet I could import the groups to. Or perhaps a good suggestion on some other software I might use.

Boolit Master
    I just email the groups to myself and cut/paste into my spreadsheet. If I knew Excel macros, I could probably write an import script but it just hasn't been worth the time.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master

^ same.

When a script gets written, I'll use it.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Master
    I use the application on my phone & send it to myself @ email. Then, I write the info down in a notebook. I prefer to have a non electronic backup for my data.

Be nice to have a program on the computer, but I do find it relaxing to copy it down in the notebook. I think I remember the info better when I do that also.

Kinda like writing, "JB is a bad boy.", 100 times on the chalkboard from when I was a lad.
    LOL
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Mold
    Thanks guys,
    Ok, so emailing each group is a pain. What I've done is save them each as an excel file (CSV) which drops them into the download file on my phone. I then either send them to "dropbox" all at once or plug my phone directly into my computer and move the files en masse. I found that in this format Excel opens the files in a readable format but it would be nice to have a script written that could compare the groups. Maybe in a graph? That's beyond me. Any takers?
    BTW- how do you delete them out of the app on an android?

Boolit Master
    Just so ya know. You can send more than one at a time using the Caldwell program itself by choosing more than one at a time to send..

As far as deleting, I have not yet wanted to do that. I also have an Apple so cannot help there with an Android , although I would like to do it. Deleting off an Apple is not difficult, the program/app provides for that. I would reckon you could do the same with the Android using the Caldwell program.

I guess I don't have anything else to offer.

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Mold
    yeah, sucky thing is with the android version its one group at a time.