Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks Like The Army Dropped The New 7.62 Rifle Program

Quote Originally Posted by RoyEllis View Post
    Hmmm, 6.5 grendel is basically a 7.62x39 necked down, funny how "militarily popular" that round has proven its short stubby self to be. Works quite well in SKS, AK, RPD and RPK platforms.
    What would it take for the West to admit the 7.62x39 round works well out to 300 yards and just adopt the cartridge. You need spend no money on testing, engineering or under the table envelope passing and just move on. Change a bunch of uppers and Bob's your uncle.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

They were looking at a ar/308 platform back in 1957. 60 years later & still looking

Banned

if they were smart theyd adopt the 762x39. its a better man stopper then the 5.56 and after we stomp the enemy we can use his ammo. Its probably the best balanced military round fielded today. It has no doubt ended the life of more people then any round in history.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    if they were smart theyd adopt the 762x39. its a better man stopper then the 5.56 and after we stomp the enemy we can use his ammo. Its probably the best balanced military round fielded today. It has no doubt ended the life of more people then any round in history.
    Just who is our enemy? If some think Russia and China, well they don't use the 7.62x39 that I'm aware of. They went to some .22 caliber long ago.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    I understand that part of the reason to come up with the 7.62 NATO is that the shorter rounds are suppose to function from machineguns better and more reliable. Did they really have any problem with the 30-06 doing so in machineguns?
    Not in the Browning 30’s nor the BAR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Parson View Post
    Not in the Browning 30’s nor the BAR
    I remember when Lee Ermey had his TV show and he did a comparison between the Bren and Bar. He set up a little course with silhouettes and walking along through some sparse woods/vegetation. It required one or two magazine changes. He had problems with the mag changes on the Bar. I can't remember if he had a jam with the Bar too, but at the end, and he said he hated to admit it, that he liked the Bren better.

Quote Originally Posted by vzerone View Post
    Just who is our enemy? If some think Russia and China, well they don't use the 7.62x39 that I'm aware of. They went to some .22 caliber long ago.
    Russia and China are the least of your worries. I have never understood the lingering hatred Americans have to the Chinese. They are your largest trading partner, the largest sovereign holder of your treasury bills and frankly have just as many reasons to defend their country as you do. One way or another you have to admire a country that has been able to do what they have accomplished over the past 80 years. I love the country I live in and would not want to live on a country as crowded as China is but I am not sure I want to live in Surrey outside of Vancouver or Chicago either.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post
    Russia and China are the least of your worries. I have never understood the lingering hatred Americans have to the Chinese. They are your largest trading partner, the largest sovereign holder of your treasury bills and frankly have just as many reasons to defend their country as you do. One way or another you have to admire a country that has been able to do what they have accomplished over the past 80 years. I love the country I live in and would not want to live on a country as crowded as China is but I am not sure I want to live in Surrey outside of Vancouver or Chicago either.

Take Care

Bob
    It's called Chinese Aggression. Just as the Japanese post WW-I expansionist policy accelerated (Japanese expansionism was 1874 to 193) and took over much of Asia, China has assimilated that same role in post WW-II, particularly in the last few decades with the building of Islands in what China Calls the South China Sea. Additionally they have come into shooting conflicts over Free Shipping Transit, Fishing, Mining, and Oil issues with the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other smaller nations over the last two decades, with these conflicts escalating even more in recent years as additional "Chinese Islands" are being constructed from low reefs across the vast area, and the arming of these "New Islands" with attack aircraft and wharfs and piers to support an ever increasing aggressive Chinese Naval Fleet in these areas.

China seeks to control the free flow of trade in this area of the world, and acquire the exclusive fishing rights and vast undersea oil resources in this area. Yes, China is a threat - the world has not awakened to this threat except those countries immediately in the region (One of the Reasons President Trump met with the leaders of the South East Asia region and reinforced the US interest in this area). The extreme risk is repeating in the "China Sea" the same pacification program that went on with the Nazi's in the late 1930's as the expanded power, threatened their neighbors, and eventually attacked their neighbors resulting in the eruption of WW-II.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by robertbank View Post

Take Care

Bob
    There seems to be plenty of hated for the Chinese in Canada. Especially in Vancouver and a Toronto where their money has caused a rapid rise in home prices. So much so that a 15% tax on foreign investment in real estate was put in place. The pics I saw a few days ago show real estate for sale signs in all Chinese. And they're buying larger and more expensive homes then citizens. A backlash is inevitable. It's part of human nature.

What very few in the US are paying attention to is their expansion in Africa. They are doing what European countries did hundreds of years ago. Their money is good for now. But the natives rose up once and will again. China is there for the natural resources and to colonize. If the US were doing this there would be all types of backlash. But the world doesn't seem to care.......until it's to late. Make no mistake. The Chinese feel it's their divine right to conquer to world.

Banned

I was just emphasizing two major countries that have a vast military and pointing out they aren't using the 7.62x39 as their main battle cartridge. The U.S. helped both those two countries in WWII and saved their butts and they don't pay that respect back to us. Besides the one is Communist and that is plain wrong to their people.
    Last edited by vzerone; 12-25-2017 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    There seems to be plenty of hated for the Chinese in Canada. Especially in Vancouver and a Toronto where their money has caused a rapid rise in home prices. So much so that a 15% tax on foreign investment in real estate was put in place. The pics I saw a few days ago show real estate for sale signs in all Chinese. And they're buying larger and more expensive homes then citizens. A backlash is inevitable. It's part of human nature.

What very few in the US are paying attention to is their expansion in Africa. They are doing what European countries did hundreds of years ago. Their money is good for now. But the natives rose up once and will again. China is there for the natural resources and to colonize. If the US were doing this there would be all types of backlash. But the world doesn't seem to care.......until it's to late. Make no mistake. The Chinese feel it's their divine right to conquer to world.
    Hated ....I have never heard anyone in this Province use that word against the Chinese. The effect of foreign ownership of homes in Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal is a concern for local municipalities for certain, and here in BC the Provincial Government has enacted a levy against foreign purchases of high end homes in B.C. but I would not see that action falling to hatred. Vancouver has a very large population of Canadians of Chinese decent, who are not the problem you allude to. No big deal. The local Chinese contribute to our society just like any other group of Canadians. The Chinese in this country have a long history of helping to build this country with little thanks over the course of our history from the Federal Gov't, long before the Chinese revolution after WW11.

The Chinese are in the business of doing trade deals and frankly have done so in around the globe as you know. They do so for their own self interest which is the same reason the West does. The Chinese have to because they don't have the natural resources at home. Why are you folks still playing in Afghanistan but for the mineral resources there and the desire to influence the area. With Africa slowly depopulating due in part to AIDS, starvation, wars and internal strife more than one has suggested Chinese immigration may well follow. There is nothing there this country needs or wants yet we do send out troops to Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso to train locals.

The Chinese sign contracts for coal from us, as they do you and other coal producing countries when the price of coal reaches a point when coal becomes competitive due to shipping distances. They don't seem to appear on your hit list when they do. FYI Canada recently started initial talks with them with the view of entering a Free Trade Agreement. I doubt much will come of it as our Federal Gov't will not agree to further expansion of the Chinese modest investment in the Alberta Oil Sands. I often wonder who financed the anti West Coast pipeline movement. Your President doesn't seem interested in continuing with NAFTA with his "my way or the highway attitude" so we move on, if necessary.

When did the present US President start worrying about what the rest of the world thinks?

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly the response I expected. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that there is no hatred for Québécois. The US is to tied to China for a good portion of people in this country. If the US stole intellectual property, built artificial islands or started colonizing Africa the developed world would be screaming bloody murder. But China gets a free pass. This has been a thread derailment and I apologize.

Merry Christmas to you to.

You sure have a fascination for "hate". See a therapist before it consumes you.

Take Care

Bob

Boolit Master
    I have never understood the lingering hatred Americans have to the Chinese.
    I have never understood generalized statements, especially those concerning race or gender. I didn't like Obama, so I'm a racist. I didn't like Clinton, so I'm a sexist. I'm an American so I probably hate the Chinese? Naw.

Naw you are neither a racist, or a sexist. Not all Americans hate China...at least the Americans I know but there is a large audience of Americans who apparently do. Your President wails away on China frequently to a mob of cheers from his supporters. I guess the subject sells well to his constituents. Heck there is a guy from PA who thinks BC folks hate the Chinese because some of their wealthiest see this country as a safe place to run to park their money and their kids for their post secondary education. I'm ticked because I didn't buy a house in Vancouver 20 years ago. LOL

Merry Christmas

Take Care

Bob

Banned

yes Russia is switching over to a 22 cal variant but the 762x39 is still used by them and most armys that there is a realistic chance our military will be facing in the near future.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62%C3%9739mm

In service
    1944–present

Used by
    Soviet Union, former Warsaw Pact, People's Republic of China, Egypt, Cambodia, North Korea, Vietnam, Finland, Venezuela, many others

Boolit Master

"..... It is high time we started listening to the guy who "have been there and done that". my rant anyway, james[/QUOTE]

Nah, that would make too much sense.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    Your President wails away on China frequently to a mob of cheers from his supporters. I guess the subject sells well to his constituents.
    It sells well to thinking, knowing people. That's why he got elected. No more apologizing.

Banned

yes Russia is switching over to a 22 cal variant but the 762x39 is still used by them and most armys that there is a realistic chance our military will be facing in the near future.

In service
    1944–present

Used by
    Soviet Union, former Warsaw Pact, People's Republic of China, Egypt, Cambodia, North Korea, Vietnam, Finland, Venezuela, many others
    I don't doubt that a bit Llyod. Just like the U.S. kept their last caliber when they went to their new battle round. Look how long we kep the 30-06 in use and now we still are using the 7.62 NATO. Both of those two countries are developing new equipment.

In service
    1944–present

Used by
    Not to mention the radicals around the world. The AK 47 seems to be the toothbrush of every man over 30 in the Middle East.

Take Care

Bob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast