Inline FabricationWidenersRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats for dinner?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    Looks great ... how long did you bake them and what temperature so that they weren't over done? I still have some Elk steaks left in the freezer and should do something similar with them ...
    I bake these on 275. 1.5 HOURS.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Hi Mary B.You might give this a try.Works good for me.Buy the black olives in a can.Use what is needed for recipe.Put the rest plus liquid in a plastic jar like mayo comes in.Put lid on.They stay fresh tasting for a while.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Moderator Emeritus

Quick chicken stir fry tonight. Cubed chicken breast marinated in soy, olive oil, fish sauce, rice vinegar for 10 minutes. I buy frozen stir fry veg from Walmart that comes with 2 packets of an actually okay sauce. Thaw and cut up broccoli into bite size pieces. Drain chicken(reserve marinade) and fry in a screaming hot wok with a tablespoon of veg oil to get it nicely browned. Push to the center, add the marinade back and simmer until chicken is almost cooked through. Add the thawed frozen veg and sauce and simmer 3 minutes to finish cooking the chicken/heat the veg. Serve with rice or chowmein noodles(preferred, I like the crunch).

Moderator Emeritus

I always forget I have them then have this furry looking mess in a bottle that I wonder what t was LOL not much I use them on, pizza, if I make a burrito or chimichanga...

Quote Originally Posted by woodbutcher View Post
    Hi Mary B.You might give this a try.Works good for me.Buy the black olives in a can.Use what is needed for recipe.Put the rest plus liquid in a plastic jar like mayo comes in.Put lid on.They stay fresh tasting for a while.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

Boolit Master
    Been waiting for the Santa Anna winds to die down so I could feel completely safe firing up the smoker. Although today they're back, yesterday at worst, it was a little breezy.

Loaded the smoker with a beer can chicken, baby backs and baked beans. All came out as near perfect as you can make. Mrs. smokeywolf is still raving about it.

Ate the leftovers tonight.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Man
    Last nights dinner...Mahi Mahi.

Brushed the fish with some canola oil, sprinkled with garlic powder and Janes Crazy Salt. Grilled 6 minutes per side (thick filets..needed the extra time). Topped with what I call my Italian salsa. Sauté some chopped onions in butter, add chopped garlic when onions become translucent. After a minute, add a couple of chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh mint leaves, 1/2 cup of white wine, juice from half a lemon...let simmer while fish is grilling. Just as fish is coming off the grill...toss some sliced black olives into the salsa..stir for a minute and pour over the fish. Served with some fresh steam asparagus

Quote Originally Posted by shaner View Post
    I bake these on 275. 1.5 HOURS.
    Awesome! Thanks ... I'll give that a try!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master
    Hi Mary.I use them in just about anything that I can think of.Omlets,ground meat for burgers or meat loaf and use some of the liquid also,put on plate and eat with whatever i have fixed.Put in meat sauce for pasta.The uses are pretty much endless.
    Good luck.Have fun.be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    OK Mary and all you other chefs. I did meatloaf in the smoker tonight for the first time. Mrs. smokeywolf thanks you; she was crazy about it. Says never again, meatloaf in the oven. Dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes and carrots boiled in apple juice.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

It is my favorite way to make it! Doesn't happen much this time of year, to cold to get the smoker out most days

Boolit Grand Master
    French onion soup. Provolone crouton.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Moderator Emeritus

Leftover turkey and stuffing, dropped the vac bag in simmering water, 10 minutes later hot food!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12