Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats for dinner?

Boolit Buddy

Whats for dinner?

Baked deer back strap. In onions garlic and brown gravy. Sweet potatoes in the oven! And pickled beets. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171202_131351.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	208778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171202_131347.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	208779

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Dang shaner, that looks GOOD! Now I guess I gotta break out some venison from the freezer, and make some for supper.
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Vendor Sponsor

Looking good .. for Dinner last night deer cube steaks in brown gravy, mash potatoes, green beans
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Not dinner, but lunch, trimmed tenderloin into small pieces, sauteed some onion until caramelized, add the meat, and sprinkled with a spice mix, which contains salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, msg, sage, chili powder, oregano, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin. Cooked to a medium or medium rare and served with a couple eggs.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Moderator Emeritus

Homemade thin crust pepperoni pizza with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, green olives(first three raw). Dough was a thin cracker style crust made from flour, salt, water, yeast, little olive oil. Keep adding flour until you can't knead any more into it. Want the dough to be semi dry to the touch. Let sit at least 6 hours on the counter but 24 hours is better to let it ferment and get flavor. This doesn't raise much being such a stiff dough. Roll out with a rolling pin to 1/16" thick trying to keep an even thickness, dock with a fork and par bake then top. I used Contadina store bought pizza sauce, to much of a headache to make it from fresh.

Boolit Buddy
    All sounds good

Did pulled pork sandwiches using the Instant Pot I picked up last weekend. That little gadget works great!

Boolit Bub
    Had a couple pounds of moose breakfast sausage sitting in the fridge to thaw... The lovely Mrs. AK4570 combined them with some white beans and BBQ sauce for a right tasty dinner. A side of broccoli slaw brought everything together swimmingly!

John

Boolit Buddy
    Looks deeeeelicious shaner!!! We also ate some of our recent harvest yesterday in the form of venison cornbread meatloaf with mashed potatoes and biscuits. Been a favorite of my daughters since they were little.

Be well

Moderator Emeritus

leftover pizza... put on some parchment paper and slid it onto a preheated 500 degree pizza stone. 5 minutes had it heated through and crisped back up nicely!

If you don't have a good pizza/bread stone these guys make one that holds up well https://bakingstone.com/shop/home_oven/ I have the 18x24 because my oven is over sized. Mine is pushing 15 years old with no signs of cracking. I run it through the oven self clean cycle now and then to clean it. Brush the ash off and good to go again! More you use it the better it cooks as it develops seasoning like cast iron. Mine sees a lot of bread baking in winter! and stays in the oven constantly, helps even out temp spikes as it cycles on and off.

No it is not cheap! Good kitchen equipment never is! At 3/4 inch thick it holds temps well when you drop a pizza or loaf of bread n it.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    The only kind of gumbo to make!! Chicken and sausage! Eat it with crackers or over rice, your choice! ( yeah, it’s a southern thing). Not hard to make at all! Boy, you should have seen the looks I got from the people in Ohio when I asked if they had any roux mix on the shelf? Hahaha! “ uhhhh, whuts that stuff?” If I opened a true Cajun restaurant in middle Ohio, I could be a millionaire in about two years or less, i bet! Merry Christmas you guys!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    Tenderized deer steak with crushed French fried onions and flour baked. Green bean
    casserole.
    Life is so much better with dogs!

Moderator Emeritus

Bacon, Cheddar, mushroom, onion, green pepper 2 egg omelet... simple and filling 1 pan meal.

Boolit Master
    Mary, RE your pizza; black olives on pizza. Green olives in vodka-tinis (shaken, not stirred).
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Moderator Emeritus

Problem with black olives is they are hard to find in a jar... and I always have green olives for salads and munching. So used what I have!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    Mary, RE your pizza; black olives on pizza. Green olives in vodka-tinis (shaken, not stirred).

Banned

I slummed it last night. Venison burgers with fried onion and kraft mac and cheese. back was to sore to be a chef yesterday.

Boolit Buddy
    Sounds great

Boolit Buddy

SWMBO was gone shopping in the Big City yesterday, so I shared a Can of Jalapeno Spam & some left over Jasmine Rice with the Dawg. I had cooked the rice in our Instant Pot a day or so before, dang that gadget sure works good. I'm making Chili in it today, using 2 lb's of Taco Grind & Seasoned Beef from Vallarta Market ( a Local Carcieneria Chain ). Skillet Cornbread will compliment it really well.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Moderator Emeritus

Salad, T-bone steak(grass fed organic, steak cost less than $3!), garlic toast to soak up the steak juices! I hit it perfect, seared outside/crispy fat and body temp in the center!

Looks great ... how long did you bake them and what temperature so that they weren't over done? I still have some Elk steaks left in the freezer and should do something similar with them ...
    I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast