Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/16 twist .40cal Ferris ML ...suggested projectile weight?

Boolit Mold
    I hear ya.... Number 1 @ 1000 was ....well...just did not make sense ...poor Steve our coach just put his hands up in the air....he did well in that crazy spot.
    I've shot fullbore for many years and in a lot worse conditions but not LRBP as we really don't have the comps over here .
    Thank you for the offer of making some bullets to shoot ....I was talking with the wife about 2 weeks ago and decided not to go to Oak Ridge ����just a money thing as in going to Austria in August for the short range . But the more I read up on Oak Ridge the more I want to go .... seems the place to be. I haven't had the guts to tell Art ..lol but I will get over there at some stage.
    The sounds like I shoot similar to you Brent ... Slow but try to be exact . I find pacing a regular rithem from getting up to going back down is the key. Keep the hart rate down...

I didn't get much of a chance to really study others shooting but 1 that stood out to me was a young bloke shooting for NZ ....he had a very good position and technique ... Similar to our smallbore/ fullbore guys . Shoots a underhanded he made. I think he will do very well I the future.

Boolit Master
    I was watching that guy too. I was mostly watching his rifle. I do like underhammers and I have one of my own. I think I should have another. I really like Ray Hanson's as well.

Boolit Buddy
    brent,
    i watched you to learn.
    what i learned was to be courageous with my windcalls, and be bold with making the shot.
    can i do this? remains to be seen.
    keep safe,
    bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by BrentD View Post
    Bruce, I'm surprised you think I was quick. I consider my speed in breaking a shot to be among my biggest liabilities. I'm slow. Really slow sometimes. Ask Kurt (aka Lead Pot). Calling wind for me is like calling wind for 5 guys because I take so long.
    I was going to comment on this before but held back because I still have cramps in my toes from the last time we shot together when the winds were changing like a dogs tail wanting a bite from my sandwich . when I say take the shot and no sound from him for what seemed like forever and seeing the mirage changing and as I said hol....boom...d your shot, but he still managed to get that X......must have been a good miss Kurt

Boolit Buddy
    kurt,
    i have noticed hunters often shoot faster than target shooters.
    maybe brent is a bit of both.
    maybe your berating made him shoot faster since the day you mention.
    myself i am like an old chook trying to make a call and then break a perfect shot.
    keep safe,
    bruce.

I have watched Brent very close. He is very precise in what he does breathing and follow through and control of the rifle and I have not noticed any getting up tight when he made a bad break. This makes a good shooter.

Bruce I tend to be a fast shooter and it has giving me a problem. I shoot with both eyes open and I listen to my coach and I also keep an eye on a down feather hanging on a thread and pay attention to what I feel on my face or the back of my neck depending wind directions this tells me a lot of times what is changing faster then the flags or my coach sees the mirage change...Mirages can be deceiving at times when your scope is focused so you pick up what you see on the berm in front of the target or what you see say close to midrange were it does more good. But this need a proper focus on the scope.

Boolit Buddy

Question

a down feather?
    heck, around here we use anchor chain or a lead ingot on a light chain for that!
    keep safe,
    bruce.

I didn't tell you that I tape a .58 cal. round ball to it

Boolit Mold
    Yes , I do like underhammers also ... Everything is just right about them. I had an original leage? It had a 1854 barrell going of the proof Mark . It was a 1 in 48 twist ..maybe a picket rifle ?
    But sold it ..... It was handy owning a gun shop , lots of nice old rifles came through ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12