Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load DataTitan Reloading
WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kids,Addicts,Lies,and Momma

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    The title pretty much sums it up. The youngest son seems to have fallen back into substance abuse again. Along with that comes the lying and before long legal problems, guilt trips and baseless accusations. I know God will see me through no matter the ultimate outcome and I have a support system. His mother, on the other hand, is taking it extremely hard, and doesn't want to ever talk to him again. She's lost so much in the last few years, both her parents, her life long best friend, she thinks her son, and her spiritual life is bleak. He very well may spend more jail time as choices have consequences.
    In light of some of the other prayer request this may be trivial, but pray for my wife and son to be healed. Pray for his other brother and sisters not to be taken in by his lying games, and pray he turns around. Pray for God to guide me day to day in this situation.

Thanking you ahead of time!
    I hope I'm not being forward in resurrecting this long dead thread. My purpose, however, is to give praise to God almighty, and thanks to Christian brothers and sisters for prayers and support.

I would like to offer an update.
    My son spent 18 months in jail. The Lord interceded with him and for him. You see, he was slated to be moved into the state penitentiary system, but the sheriff found out he was an experienced restaurant worker and made him a trustee over the county jail food service and kitchen! Outside the influence of the drugs he's a completely different person, and he became involved in his own recovery and I think he truly found the God so many of us know. His mother didn't speak to him for around a year, and I only visited in person twice until his parole hearing, but spoke to him by phone often enough. At the hearing I was surprised at how much the sheriff and staff seemed to care about him, the sheriff even spoke to the parole person praising his help and model behavior. He and his mother had even begun speaking again! After his parole I picked him up and he asked to stop by a rehab and half way house to talk to them about perhaps entering their program. After about an hour he came out and said, "they are taking me in Sunday"! I live about two hours away and ask if he would be able to get back there from another friend's 15 miles away, and was told, "I'll walk back if I have to!". I knew we would buy his clothes and a few supplies, and did, then didn't hear anything for 6 weeks. I wasn't too concerned because I know they are usually blacked out from contact at first(not our first rodeo). He put himself there, he payed his own way, worked himself through, saved nearly $3000, and graduated last weekend! This coming Sunday his Mother, his Aunt(who lives with us now) and I are going to his presentation! He knows he has a life ahead to live or waste! He seems to be in a good place in his head and our whole family is in a better place today!

Looking back over the last two and half years I see so many of the prayers that where posted, answered, and I'm sure a multitude that where not posted.

I just want to close by saying. GOD IS GOOD!

My prayer is that God's blessings fall on all who read this, be blessed!

That is good news.
    Glad everybody made it through.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Thanks for the update Thunder. Thank God for prayers answered and blessings received.
    Prayers for continued recovery. It never ends.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Praise GOD . I have seen so many families destroyed by drugs . I rejoice with you , it is a miracle in itself when you see all that's happening around you . Thank you for this good news !
    No turning back , No turning back !

USMC 77, USRA 79

bring all things to Him in Prayer... this is a big deal, but the small things work too!!!

prayers sent to stay the path.
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for continued prayers! Anyone who suffers an addiction knows it's a life long struggle!

Boolit Master

Same story, substitute name and dates. A lost decade in my youngest son's life. Near destruction of family. But God held us up, the prayers of many sustained us and last summer we celebrated his marriage on the banks of Clark Hill. God brought him to the foot of the cross where he steadfastly remains. Thanks for sharing and let's be faithful to pray for those who reject his mercy, love and grace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	262132
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Praise GOD . I have seen so many families destroyed by drugs .
    Back when I worked in the deepest, darkest neighborhood in South Dallas,
    I was talking to one of my customers about one of his buddies who fell off that cliff.

He made the observation, "That narcotic is so bad, it'll make you steal your Mama's TV".
    Last edited by Winger Ed.; 05-14-2020 at 08:12 PM.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Thunderstick, I am very happy to hear of this result. As a former substance abuse counselor, I came to the conclusion that addiction is a spiritual problem, and it seems that your son understands that now. Blessings on you all.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123