Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Short and Stout" for the Shockwave and 500/590 crowd.

Boolit Master

2 inch "Short and Stout" buckshot loads for the Shockwave and 500/590 crowd.

Just noticed this:

The Dec. 2017 issue of the American Rifleman contains loading data for a 2" twenty pellet #4B 12 gauge load on page 39. This is data for a simple 1100 fps roll crimped load, with a 1.75" loaded length, for those wanting to pack the maximum number of low recoil close range buckshot rounds into their Mossberg Shockwave firearm or 500/590 series shotgun.

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/nra/.../index.php#/40

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...nch-shotshell/
    Last edited by RMc; 12-27-2017 at 06:08 AM.

Boolit Master

Thank you

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Grand Master

Same thanks.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing the info & link!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Yes, thanks for that! It is always good to add more info to the library especially when it is is "different" info like this. Variety is the spice of life!

Longbow

Boolit Master
    The look of of a 1.75 inch long 12 bore cartridge would really shake up some preconceived notions, especially if loaded in a hull with *25MM high brass!

http://www.ballisticproducts.com/Che...nfo/139127025/

* Almost 1 inch!

Banned
    The shockwave needs an adapter to shoot short shells. The Rem 870 Tac14 does not. With deals and rebate the Rem is about $280. Also has magpul pump that lets you install magpul rail(s) for lights/lasers etc.

Boolit Grand Master

I have two Remington Tac 14's. Not sure what they are good for but having tons of fun. I have shot trap with mine. I average 16. Shot one goose with it. 3 inch steel goose loads are snappy.

Banned
    My cantilevered 870 24" rifled barrel fits right on too ! Could put a pistol scope on it too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    I have two Remington Tac 14's. Not sure what they are good for but having tons of fun. I have shot trap with mine. I average 16. Shot one goose with it. 3 inch steel goose loads are snappy.
    Well let's see, either you have Mafia geese or terrorists!

Banned
    What you can do with the MAGPUL forend on the Remington TAC14 that you can't on the Shockwave.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1511.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	209742

I had the Tac14 and sold it a week later later and bought the 590 Shockwave. Wasn’t a fan of the Tac14, but that’s just me. Should of saved myself the trouble and went with the original instead of the Remington copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Whatever floats your boat. Show us you light and laser setup on the Shockwave.

"Short and Stout" for the Shockwave and 500/590 crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by TAC14 View Post
    Whatever floats your boat. Show us you light and laser setup on the Shockwave.
    Do you really need a laser that shatter gun? I mean, how pin point precise do you plan on shooting buckshot from a shorty? And the position of your red dot scope is questionable. You aiming sideways ‘gangsta’ style?

I didn’t buy mine to ‘tacti-cool’ the hell out it, I got other toys for that. But if you’re happy with yours, then good on ya, but I’m speaking from experience with owning both.

The only thing I’ll do to mine is put wood furniture on it.

Boolit Grand Master

I got mine to have fun with. I use it as a toy and I no intention of using it for home defense but if I do it will have a laser on it. Even as a toy a laser would make it way more fun. Shot from the hip it's surprisingly easy to miss.

Banned
    10-4 M-Tecs. Home or night-time weapons w/o a laser and light are as useful as teats on a boar-hog.

My new light that arrived yesterday from amazon is very small, runs constant on for 45 minutes, bright center wide fringe, strobe and spot feature.

Military already experimenting with daylight laser good to 500 yards. What will we do with all those scopes ?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    I had the Tac14 and sold it a week later later and bought the 590 Shockwave. Wasn’t a fan of the Tac14, but that’s just me. Should of saved myself the trouble and went with the original instead of the Remington copy.

Come on, let them have their fun. The rest of us can just chuckle softly, I mean, look at that thing.

I have been curious though. What appeal does the shockwave have with its nub of a grip, compared to the same thing with a real pistol grip they have been selling for 20+ years?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I have been curious though. What appeal does the shockwave have with its nub of a grip, compared to the same thing with a real pistol grip they have been selling for 20+ years?
    A legal 14 inch barrel that is not a nfa item.

Boolit Grand Master

So you give up interchangeable barrels, a (semi) useful grip, just to loose those extra 4" of barrel? What ever floats your boat, they sure seem to be selling. I'd bet it would be a ton of fun as a range toy, but I don't see it being very useful. I've got a 500 with pistol grip an 18.5" barrel. Even that was useless for self defense. I put a real stock on it, and it's been sitting by my bed since. I had a flashlight mounted on it via barrel band, but took it off. I just hold it with my pumping hand and it does fine.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    So you give up interchangeable barrels, a (semi) useful grip, just to loose those extra 4" of barrel? What ever floats your boat, they sure seem to be selling. I'd bet it would be a ton of fun as a range toy, but I don't see it being very useful. I've got a 500 with pistol grip an 18.5" barrel. Even that was useless for self defense. I put a real stock on it, and it's been sitting by my bed since. I had a flashlight mounted on it via barrel band, but took it off. I just hold it with my pumping hand and it does fine.
    Shockwave is just a firearm according to ATF. Its a new way to get the smallest package without the NFA nonsense. Sort of a way to say, yeah all the rules are stupid anyway. They all should be legal for us free men/woman and all should just be classified as arms.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast