Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackbox
Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Wideners
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Short and Stout" for the Shockwave and 500/590 crowd.

Boolit Master
    Thank you RMc for this thread. I missed the article in AR. I bought the Shockwave over the Tac14 for its ability to shoot mini shells with the adapter. It is a fun gun to shoot, and draws plenty of attention when out and about. I do carry a copy of the BATF papers with it, in case of police intervention. Other than reliability with mini shells, it's like the old Ford/Chevy argument.

Banned
    Three points:

The TAC14 works fine with mini shells, examples are all over UTube.

You DO NOT give up barrel swaps. Any 870 bbl fits the TAC14.

W/O a light and laser, you must either try and aim using the bead sight or spray and pray from the hip. With a light and laser you have dead on aiming and the ability to shoot from behind barricades with minimal exposure. Get the Crimson Trace DVD if you doubt this. The strobe function on a tac light also messes up most adversaries, especially those on drugs.

Sorry you missed the Remington rebate, now it costs as much as the Mossberg !

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by TAC14 View Post
    Three points:

The TAC14 works fine with mini shells, examples are all over UTube.

You DO NOT give up barrel swaps. Any 870 bbl fits the TAC14.

W/O a light and laser, you must either try and aim using the bead sight or spray and pray from the hip. With a light and laser you have dead on aiming and the ability to shoot from behind barricades with minimal exposure. Get the Crimson Trace DVD if you doubt this. The strobe function on a tac light also messes up most adversaries, especially those on drugs.

Sorry you missed the Remington rebate, now it costs as much as the Mossberg !
    You have a circus hanging off that gun.

On lawd....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    As recoil may be an issue with these short bbled guns, I'll pass along a helper:

http://wittmachine.net/index.php?mai...roducts_id=185

I wonder how many are putting regular Butt Stocks on their Shockwaves? that would get you that SBS you've been wanting. I know the AFT has now allowed the Sig Arm Brace on AR's now, but you aren't supposed to shoulder the firearm? Like any body would know?

Time to get rid of a lot of these stupid rules. Write your Congressman with your ideas and we might just get some movement. 50 State CCW Reciprocity might be a reality soon.

I'd write to my Congressman but She is an Idiot Democrat and was bought and paid for by Nancy P.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Shouldering a pistol stabilizing brace policy reversal:

https://www.sigsauer.com/press-relea...lizing-braces/

Banned
    Finally got a selection of shells to try in my TAC14.
    First: don't shoot full power 00 buck. It's really uncomfortable.
    The mini shells worked but not perfectly. In 20 I had one failure to eject and one empty dropped back in action causing a jam.
    The Hornady 2&3/4 reduced recoil shells worked perfectly for 20 rounds. At 10,15 and 20 yards they really killed the "blue man" (UN approved target).
    Having the laser make accurate shooting very easy, from hip, over a barrier and so on. If you can put the dot on it, you will kill it.
    Waiting for my reduced recoil slugs to arrive. Will try them with 14" SB and 20" rifled bbls.

The gun is so much fun, we should take up a collection to buy one for Hillary !

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post

The only thing I’ll do to mine is put wood furniture on it.
    Blood Trail, that is exactly what I was thinking .... I just love wood!

Do you know of a supplier/company that makes that stock/grip and foreend in wood?

Banned
    Kinda like putting 4X walnut on the shovel I use to muck out the stalls.......

Quote Originally Posted by faustus View Post
    Blood Trail, that is exactly what I was thinking .... I just love wood!

Do you know of a supplier/company that makes that stock/grip and foreend in wood?
    Found these on ebay:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MOSSBERG-590-...-/182784328580

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Made out of Ash from Thailand and out of stock. (Spent a year there and never saw an Ash tree)

ATF might take a dim view of any modification from OEM.

Be patient, I'm sure there will be a muddy girl camo one out soon.

Banned
    And no one cares about what somebody who has never seen one says either.

Banned
    And no one cares about what somebody who has never seen one says either.

Boolit Master
    Made out of Ash from Thailand and out of stock. (Spent a year there and never saw an Ash tree)

ATF might take a dim view of any modification from OEM.

Be patient, I'm sure there will be a muddy girl camo one out soon.
    OAL is what matters, not OEM. You could also use the Blackhawk breacher grip, and I suspect a brace would be kosher.

Banned

Lightbulb The law says-------

From the ATF letter to Mossberg:

“If the design, dimensions,configuration, method of operation or materials used were changed, our determination would be subject to review.

Note: materials and would.

Could you get away with it ? Probably but I would not want to have my gun seized, hire a lawyer and get in a fight with ATF.

Then the full force of the government would have you in its sights. Warrants to NSA to recover every word and keystroke, IRS reviewing your tax filings, FBI looking at every NICs form you ever filled out and that doesn’t even begin to cover referrals to your state/city agencies.

Were Ruby Ridge and Waco wrong ? Yup, but all the dead people are still dead and no one was held accountable.

Remember what Gump said--------

From the ATF letter to Mossberg:

“If the design, dimensions,configuration, method of operation or materials used were changed, our determination would be subject to review.

Note: materials and would.

Could you get away with it ? Probably but I would not want to have my gun seized, hire a lawyer and get in a fight with ATF.

Then the full force of the government would have you in its sights. Warrants to NSA to recover every word and keystroke, IRS reviewing your tax filings, FBI looking at every NICs form you ever filled out and that doesn’t even begin to cover referrals to your state/city agencies.

Were Ruby Ridge and Waco wrong ? Yup, but all the dead people are still dead and no one was held accountable.

Remember what Gump said--------
    I somehow doubt they would bother with all the background check on you. I think they would just seize your gun and give you the finger. But only if they found out you had it and had done something wrong with it first.

I think they have way better things to do with their time. I talk to them every year at the SHOT Show and they are actually pretty laid back. They have no interest in making Criminals out of regular guys, they have plenty of bad guys to chase as it is.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

I just did about 45 minutes of reading on whether or not you can put a real stock on the shockwave. I read arguments about if it was a AOW's, federal title 1, "firearm", etc. It could be different based on state, and California it is likely a SBS. All I got out of it was a headache. All I know is my old persuader with 18.5" barrel and pistol grip is about the same OAL. All the shockwave (or tac 14) gets you is more muzzle blast as you give the middle finger to the BATFE.

Yeah, the pistol grip can be fun, and effective, but I can shoot a full stock at least twice as fast, with more accuracy. I'll take that any day.

Boolit Master
    The "36 gauge" shotgun cartridge is also not a "gauge" It is another misnamed gauge that is actually the 410 under another name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I just did about 45 minutes of reading on whether or not you can put a real stock on the shockwave. I read arguments about if it was a AOW's, federal title 1, "firearm", etc. It could be different based on state, and California it is likely a SBS. All I got out of it was a headache. All I know is my old persuader with 18.5" barrel and pistol grip is about the same OAL. All the shockwave (or tac 14) gets you is more muzzle blast as you give the middle finger to the BATFE.

Yeah, the pistol grip can be fun, and effective, but I can shoot a full stock at least twice as fast, with more accuracy. I'll take that any day.
    Yet another expert who has never seen or shot either.

They work fine with reduced recoil loads and are perfect for close encounters. With the laser on mine, I can kill a UN blue man every shot at 20 yards from the hip. Far more effective than any handgun. All I lack is a "Bounty Hunter" holster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast