RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: This one is for Longbow

This one is for Longbow

So the guys at Svarog Molds contacted me and told me to choose a mold to sample and review on my Facebook page. I chose this one hoping between this slug and the other mold that requires that tail wad, could be an accurate option for smoothbores.

LB, I believe you said you were interested in seeing the results of this mold, so that’s the one I chose. I’ll get they other mold from my last Russian slug post and give that one a go, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that design best of all the Russian moulds I've seen so far. That coupled with the "Hose Barb" type wad would certainly be effective out to 100 yards and hit like a bus. I will be looking for this type of stuff at SHOT in a few weeks. Hope I can find the Russians there?

I shot my gun yesterday with Federal 1 oz Slugs @ 1300 fps from along time ago and my Pumpkin Balls. I was able to hit hanging Silhouette Chickens at 50 M easily, and Pigs at 100M about 2/5 off hand. The gun is pretty accurate with these loads. Pumpkin Balls are running @1100 fps and are mild to shoot.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I like it!

As mentioned, I really liked the Tuskers that Greg sent me though they were undersize (0.725") in my smoothbore (0.732") and they were meant for rifled gun. They flew nose on to 75 yards anyway (furthest I tested) with nice round holes in big paper. I really liked the design and if I had a rifled gun I'd get a mould made. James Gates posted a drawing which I downloaded. Not sure why Dixie stopped making the Tusker. It is a beautiful design in my eyes. I guess the Terminator was bigger and better?

This Russian slug looks very much like the Tusker but must be somewhat lighter with the large HB. If it works well in a smoothbore I will order one I think. I can always make another HB pin that is more Tusker like if I get a rifled gun (which is kinda in the works).

Now that you have teased me just what is the ETA for that puppy?... is it here yet? ... now?

Longbow

Banned

This is the one I want as well. I can't wait till you finish up the review

Longbow: One of those Thompson Center Encore Rifles with a Rifled 12 ga. barrel would be a great test weapon and be useful in the field as well.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com