Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Any experience with the NOE 403-198-WFN HP mold in Glocks?

Boolit Mold

Any experience with the NOE 403-198-WFN HP mold in Glocks?

Hello

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...clph50j8d97vo3

Anyone used the above mold in a Glock 10mm? I've heard there may be an issue with feeding this boolit from Glock magazines and would like to verify before I spend my money

Thanks

Boolit Master

Ask NOE

Boolit Mold
    I did

Boolit Buddy
    I have that mold in the solid wfn, not the hollow point. With that being said, it has not once failed me in any way to feed. That's with over 1000 each shot out of an OLD Gen 2 Glock 20, and a new Gen 4 Glock 40. It's an outstanding bullet in the solid configuration. Wish I could help you with experience with the hollow point version but can't. Best I got. Hope it helps.

Scott

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapperscott View Post
    I have that mold in the solid wfn, not the hollow point. With that being said, it has not once failed me in any way to feed. That's with over 1000 each shot out of an OLD Gen 2 Glock 20, and a new Gen 4 Glock 40. It's an outstanding bullet in the solid configuration. Wish I could help you with experience with the hollow point version but can't. Best I got. Hope it helps.

Scott
    Thank you very much. That helps a lot. I'm going on order it

Boolit Buddy
    I have the similar 200gr WFN mold with HP/FP pins. I has been flawless in my 40 Cal glocks. Tried a few in a friends G20 without issues, but it was just a few rounds. Even at 40 S&W velocity the bullet would not hold together in wet newsprint. With the alloys I tried it would open up nicely and then the petals would sear off. The shank would keep on going with the petals going off in their own directions.

I use this mold (HP version) in both a Glock 22 and a S&W M&P40 Compact, both with KKM barrels. With the deep HP pins my favorite load is 5.2gr of Unique for right at 900 fps out of the shorter barreled M&P. I had an occasional premature slide lock back on the Glock, solved by relieving the slide stop tab where the boolit nose would bump (much as some 1911s with wide meplat designs). Here is the deep HP version out of the M&P as recovered when shot into bare Clear Ballistics gel side-by-side with factory 180gr. Winchester PDX1. Alloy was 20:1, load as above.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_230939.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	208717Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_231048.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	208718Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170920_230807.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	208719

Addendum to my above post- I've been shooting a good deal of HP tests lately and the high tin/ no antimony alloys have been the only consistent way to keep the noses from blowing off. 20:1 has been the magic stuff so far from 850fps .45ACP up through 1250fps .44 Magnum, all with nearly 100% weight retention.